• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

differance between artillery types

Dest

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 30, 2006
www.planetunreal.com
I'd like to know what the differances are between the types of artillery?

I'm going to do a little guessing here, and party of what i've seen in the game.

Mortars:
- More spread out
- Smaller explosions radius
- Alot of savlos

Artillery:
- More tight
- Bigger explosion radius
- A couple savlos

Rockets:
- Spread out
- Biggest explosion radius
- Single barrage

So, let me know in what points I failed and which not, so I can pick the best artillery next time.

Last edited:
Excellent, are there any special circumstances needed to launch it though? Mortars and guns are available for fire missions but the katyushas are always blacked out and not showing a cool down counter when I am the commander.

Maybe you weren't in on of the maps that supports it like ohnein said. I've done a rocket barrage on Pavlov's house map once, pretty good choice if you need to hit an area fast and with big damage radius. The mortars and artilleries give much less explosions at once, compared to the rockets. Exact numbers would be interesting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They are in Palvov's House, Gumrak, Commissar's House and Red October Factory.

Ahh!!! Are these the ones that make that epic ROAR over head before the boom starts to happen?

That would explain why I don't always hear that when the artillery is called in.

First time I heard it, I was like, what.... what is that? I ran for the closest shelter and was stuck fully suppress for like 30 seconds. It was awesome, I got the chills just remembering that first moment.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
So any confirmation of the OP?...

Personally, i only use normal artillery. From time to time, i choose mortars, since they seem to fall quickly, and allow my own team to move up.

Rockets have a longer "recharge" time, 4-5 minutes. ( Not sure if that is so on every map ) I only called it 2-3 times, and i was not impressed. Total garbage to be honest, compared to normal arty strike. I fail to see any real advantage.

Upvote 0