• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

tripwire, i'd like to sell you a car.

wow, I've never seen a dev basically tell someone to **** off. any other product and the BBB would be coming by for a visit, that is a piss poor response IMO.
Shut up.

Edit: And for Vohk: :rolleyes: Vocal minority are what feeds forums. The rest, the majority, are too busy playing the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
wow, I've never seen a dev basically tell someone to **** off. any other product and the BBB would be coming by for a visit, that is a piss poor response IMO.

Post a dumb, useless thread and thats why you get. All he did was fix his analogy for him.

I can't believe the people on here, I just got into RO with this game and some of these threads are full of whining crybabies. If you have something useful to say then fine, but this accomplishes nothing.

Reactions: OneDuck and Xienen
Upvote 0
Ramm essentially posted the exact same post as OP in terms of how mildly subtle it was and how insinuating it was.
OP had it coming imho.

I do not disagree completely with OP, but at least lighten the tone.
I think it's perfectly fine that people complain, the game isn't perfect indeed, but the tone has been so radical, that's the annoying part.

For the industry, this launch isn't even that bad (day one patch even!)

Reactions: Xienen
Upvote 0
Most of the official explanations sound like 'It's not our fault, it's the ____ (engine, patching system, range of user systems, etc,)". It gets incredibly frustrating

I've been browsing these forums for the past few weeks. I have yet to see one post by [TW] saying or sounding like its not their fault. The "not their fault" mentality usually results in that person or entity not doing anything about it because it isn't their fault and they let someone else fix the problem because it isn't their fault.

They've fixed a number of things already. It takes time to identify a problem, come up with a working solution, then implement the fix. Most of their responses have been worded as "found the problem and have a fix in a patch soon." They test it, it seems like it works, so they release it. Works for some, not all. Trial and Error. Back to the drawing board, start the process over.

The QQ opinionated posts on these forums are "incredibly frustrating." :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
It's my understanding that, in europe, EULAs are null and void because the consumer can't return the product if they disagree with the terms, as the only way to view a piece of software, and often times, hardware's EULA you not only have to open the box, but also have to turn on or play the physical product.

Not saying that i agree with OP's little poem here, but i don't necessarily agree with EULAs either.

[url]http://store.steampowered.com/eula/eula_104320?eulaLang=english[/URL]

You can click that without spending a cent. It might not be obvious to look up the EULA before buying something, but it negates the idea of an EULA being null and void.

Upvote 0
Ramm, I love you. Zips, I love you too. Tripwire isn't a MAJOR company with huge PR guidelines like EA or anything, they are pretty much free to say WTF they want. It wasn't a big F U either. They have the numbers of how many units have been sold and how many people are playing on a regular basis, I'm pretty sure Ramm knows wtf he is talking about and for anyone to say otherwise is just outright stupid.

Just like Zips said, VOCAL MINORITY. Everyone else is too busy playing and having fun.

GENERAL DISCUSSION shouldn't be for people to piss and moan, you should take that to suggestions/support if you have an issue.

Sure TWI could offer those who are STILL having trouble with the game something for their trouble and time, but thats up to them. You really think by posting this and being a rude jerk that they will give you a copy of Killingfloor for free? Not on your life. They are gamers just like you and I, but they have more respect than you.

I bet 99% of the people on these forums complaining right now don't understand how hard the people at TWI are working, one of the devs said hes worked something like 90+ overtime hours leading up to launch and after.. They are up ALL night fixing stuff to try and make things right and all anyone can do is complain.

I for one am appreciative of their hard work, and no I'm not just kissing ***. I've been here since this damn game was a MOD in a competition to win a prize in the something unreal contest, **** I was here before that. TWI has proven to me over the years I've been with them that they can be trusted and that they can get things done. This generation of kids/gamers are a bunch of whiners who want everything spoon fed to them IMMEDIATELY or they are going to ***** and moan all day, even if they do get what they want they find something else to moan about. I've never seen so many people that lacked patience. It is sad, really sad.

I'm sure your game WORKS, it probably just doesn't run like you want. Which could either be YOUR fault or just something weird with your setup that they haven't gotten around to fixing yet because your too busy complaining and NOT giving them dump files or perf logs.

Upvote 0
Wow, Tripwire Defence Force at full...force...in this thread.

His post is perfectly rational.

- Dysfunctional stat tracking
- Glitched achievements
- DDE exclusive weapons not unlocking (prior to patch, but now we got more issues from that)
- General minor features that don't work properly (or at all)
- Poor optimisation
- Server browser issues
- Crashes

I'm sure that 99.9% of all the people who've played the full release have experienced at least 2 of these issues. It's a pretty horrible launch, and people have the right to feel aggrieved over it.

Upvote 0
Wow, Tripwire Defence Force at full...force...in this thread.

His post is perfectly rational.

- Dysfunctional stat tracking
- Glitched achievements
- DDE exclusive weapons not unlocking (prior to patch, but now we got more issues from that)
- General minor features that don't work properly (or at all)
- Poor optimisation
- Server browser issues
- Crashes

I'm sure that 99.9% of all the people who've played the full release have experienced at least 2 of these issues. It's a pretty horrible launch, and people have the right to feel aggrieved over it.

All of the things you listed don't stop you from PLAYING the game at all.. Are people that an4l that they NEED to see some stupid stats after playing? Or Achievements? Unlocks? The only thing on there that stops someone from playing is crashes, and I have not seen anyone since the last few updates complaining about crashes anymore it seems they solved all of those.

From that alone it is obvious they are taking care of IMPORTANT issues first, stats...... Not so important. If they aren't working then no one is getting ahead of you so you don't need to worry about your precious leveling or stats etc once they are working they'll be working for everyone and you can continue on your E-peen race to the top.

Upvote 0