• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Suggestion]To much STG and AVT

They won't leave it like this. Most likely whats happened is they had to get out the "day 1 unlocks" asap to avoid people using it as an excuse to get refunds, but they haven't been able to implement it the way they want yet.

If not and this is their intention, then all they will do is give people more reasons to start modding the game. Once someone feels they want X modded, it will then be a short step to wanting Y and Z too, then we have a server list full of random servers with random settings.

I think other stuff will be modded too anyway, but the fewer things needed the better

Upvote 0
I'm really wondering if it is a bug that needs to be fixed and here is why.

For some reason I am able to select the Mkb and I have done almost nothing with the assault class ever nor did I buy any special deluxe edition that would entitle me to have it as an unlock.

Oh please please let it be a bug....

Same...problem? I guess? I was pretty surprised when I looked at the assault class and saw that I could choose the AVT.

Upvote 0
i agree, its just not fun anymore. i dont have a problem playing against semi/full-auto weapons which are better than my bolt-action in every aspect, but the sheer number of those weapons changes the gameplay completely. i hate to say this, but the game plays alot more like old CoD or BF games now. those games werent bad, but thats not the game i paid for.
make the weapons only accessible for one guy per team, take away 1 or 2 assaults per team, and the game will finally play right again

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah I was thinking about this last night instead of sleeping...there's no elite assault class limiting the mkb or the avt...

Given all the arguments before release and the insistence of "limited to 1-2 per team" surely this implementation is not what it's going to be full time...

If it is full time then I can guarantee right now that this game is finished.

Upvote 0
Yeah I was thinking about this last night instead of sleeping...there's no elite assault class limiting the mkb or the avt...

Given all the arguments before release and the insistence of "limited to 1-2 per team" surely this implementation is not what it's going to be full time...
Yeah you'd surely think that after YEARS of discussing this potential issue in detail and thoroughly explaining our concerns over its implementation, TWI wouldn't have made such a huge mistake like this. I mean, this is basically all we've talked about for the last two years (or more) when it comes to rare weapons!

I just don't see why none of that input went into this decision ...

Upvote 0

Yeah you'd surely think that after YEARS of discussing this potential issue in detail and thoroughly explaining our concerns over its implementation, TWI wouldn't have made such a huge mistake like this. I mean, this is basically all we've talked about for the last two years (or more) when it comes to rare weapons!

I just don't see why none of that input went into this decision ...

Yeah, I had quoted a bunch of the old arguing and the counter argument was always well there will only by one or two of the rare weapons on each side, and it will take months to unlock... I too thought it was resolved with it will be rare and you can turn it off in server options... Unfortunately it's looking like neither of these assessments were correct

Unless they screwed up, but Ramm did say this
3) About having too many MkB's - the amount of MkB's when fixed is similar to the amount of STG's in Ostfront. It didn't ruin that game...

Personally I still think that's a bit too many

Upvote 0
Yeah, I had quoted a bunch of the old arguing and the counter argument was always well there will only by one or two of the rare weapons on each side, and it will take months to unlock... I too thought it was resolved with it will be rare and you can turn it off in server options... Unfortunately it's looking like neither of these assessments were correct

In ostfront it was the stg44(way more common) and it was only in late war maps. In Ro2 we are getting basically the stg44 in stalingrad and no drum on the ppsh to even counter.

Upvote 0
In ostfront it was the stg44(way more common) and it was only in late war maps. In Ro2 we are getting basically the stg44 in stalingrad and no drum on the ppsh to even counter.

I know, I'm saying that the mkb is even more rare, and yet he used that as an argument, which I think doesn't really hold up, especially after all the discussions on the RARE weapons... kinda disheartening for sure.

Upvote 0
I know, I'm saying that the mkb is even more rare, and yet he used that as an argument, which I think doesn't really hold up, especially after all the discussions on the RARE weapons... kinda disheartening for sure.

I agree. I remember when the mkb and avt were announced that the devs told us that server options would allow/disable them and only in relaxed servers. Also that they very limited 1-2 per team. So far its been the other way around. Many of us are just mad that they lied to us.

Upvote 0

The problem that even Ramm admits that RO2 is a VERY different game from RO1. And besides, not every map in RO1 had STG44's in it, because that would historically inaccurate. It's a novel concept isn't it?

Reactions: Leo4444
Upvote 0
Personally, I feel that there should be a distinct "Elite Assault" class put into the game which pretty much has the option of MP40/MKB42 for Axis & PPSH/AVT-40 for Allies. Furthermore, the "Elite Rifleman" should have access to the Bolt/Semi-auto rifles for Axis & Allies. Riflemen/Assault should be restricted to the Bolt-Actions/SMGs as they aren't supposed to be specialized. Squad Leaders/Commanders can probably remain with the Semi-auto rifle (as it is conducive to non-hyper aggressive play which is currently present in-game) but not have access to the AVT-40/MKB42. In my opinion, the Axis decision for what assault troopers use now is pretty much a no contest issue in favor of the MKB42 whereas with the Allies, there are definite trade-offs between the PPSH / AVT-40.

I'll admit, I'm pretty good with the MP40 but at longer ranges (150-200m+) you generally need to do a number of short bursts to potentially even score a hit, let alone a kill. With the MKB42, if someone isn't moving it's a 1-2 shot kill with it on semi-auto selective fire mode. For Axis, it's pretty much a no-brainer to pick the MKB42 because in almost every category, it excels far beyond what the MP40 is capable of and starts to compete with rifles at medium/long range with accuracy/kill capability. The only thing I might even be able to say against the MKB42 is that it feels like my stamina bar runs down faster with it equipped, but that could very well be incorrect.

Conversely, the AVT-40's full-auto capability "can" be useful at times, but largely it suffers from far too much recoil even when prone/with the weapon rested. The PPSH is not too much different with recoil, but generally speaking it is more prudent to use the PPSH over the AVT-40 for actual assaults (moving into close quarters combat/clearing buildings) as the sheer number of bullets is far more controllable unsupported than with the AVT-40. Furthermore the PPSH, despite it's high fire rate, can be used effectively against more targets whereas with the AVT-40 it generally suffers from expending it's clip exceptionally fast (though it will likely kill anything directly in its sights). There are trade-offs between these two weapons whereas with the MP40/MKB42, it's pretty much a "be smart, use the MKB42" situation. Another point of note is that the AVT-40 in semi-auto selective fire mode basically becomes a reasonably accurate semi-auto rifle providing an assault trooper with excellent medium/reasonable long range killing power.

Upvote 0
Its OK that you like apples...

BUT some people like oranges...

You dont have to eat oranges, like it, or eat them with those people.

In fact, you can have your own apples, in your own Apple Cafe, with people who LIKE apples.

The people buying and eating all the oranges, are supplying the guys who grow and make all the lovely appley things you like, which means more apples, and better apples.

Your concern isnt the quality of your apples, nor the overall comfort or feel of the establishment.
No, your issue is how, across the street, the other people are eating their oranges.

Join a clan, form a group, play with peeps you like, set up servers to match your tastes.

Upvote 0
Let's be honest here, if the Germans had the mkb42 and the G41 in the numbers that are represented in the game, we probably wouldn't have heard about Stalingrad, as the Germans would have bull dozed the Russians. I feel that this new "patch" still hasn't fixed the issue, and yes I'm definitely upset with all the arguing and the reassurance pre-release that they would be "rare". As I've stated many times, I love the mkb42, and how realistic it is, but for the sake of the realism servers its got to go, as in server side settings, which I'm guessing is some sort of bug that they will fix.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you read the history on the MKB, you will realize that in 1942 this weapon was in very limited numbers. The AVT was probably more common by 42, but there is no way there should be more than a few of these weapons on any given map at once. I say this not only as a balance issue, but more importantly, a historic issue.

The MKb was still in Germany at the Wehrmacht ordanance testing facilites the whole time stalingrad was going on. The Mkb didnt see combat trails untill after stalingrad was over and done with in the spring of 1943. And even then they werent issued in numbers...they were field tested, redesigned/improved and finally issued as the MP43/44 towards the end of 1943 and start of 1944.

Last edited:
Upvote 0