• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

Those kinds of maps have never really taken on in the larger PC market and that saddens me. RO is kind of going to do this, but the objectives seem very linear, and that was the nice part about ET. Multiple paths but not a completely open field.

Compared to your average FPS level, ET maps had character and the objectives didn't pigeon hole you, so much as they just changed the nature of fight at that time. Like people turning off the pump while you're trying to get through the underground tunnel. Hilarious. Or how enemies recapturing objectives behind you could cut off your advance or retreat.

I don't know if I liked the ranking mechanic though. I probably just sucked, but I never hit high ranks by the end of the match. It was always dominated by the guys with airstrikes and the snipers and expert campers.

I heard that MAG did something a lot like ET. But it never came to PC.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I love Wolfenstein, but this is exactly the reason I don't play ET anymore. Too many stupid mods and no way to control them.

In that case unless your adverse to scifi (with that name?), try ET quake wars.
just the standard game no silly additions/changes.
I loved wet, qw is the same thing really , but much better imo.

Upvote 0