• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

bolt rifle mid clip reload

kainhall

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 30, 2010
i was playing brothers in arms : hill 30 yesterday (still a great game by teh way) and noticed how realistic BIA really is.

the kar98 uses a 5 round striper...but what do you do when you only shoot 4 rounds and want to reload?

in OST you had to shoot the round in to the dirt, giving away your possition, and then reload the whole striper clip.

this is unrealistic becasue you can simply stick the clip in and push 4 rounds down, then take the clip off. however, this would casue you to ahve 1 round clips...

mabey because of U 3.5 you cna make 2 ammo counters. you start with everything being 5 roudns stripers... and when you get a mid clip reload you take the round off the clip thats left over adn put in in your pocket. that way uoi use that round...then use a striper to fill up the rest...as in

5 rounds-4 shot rounds= relaod using a 5 rounder +1 round in your pocket
5 rounds-3 shot rounds = reload using the 1 pocket round + 1 round in a striper

5 rounds - 4 shot rounds = relaod using only the pocketed rounds.

or, mabey a simpler idea is to copy BIA exactly. when the gun is empty...it shows you relaoding using a striper...but a mid clip jsut puts the rounds in by "thumb" liek you would your 308 deer rifle. mabey show a animation of you stripping hte roudns off the striper...mabey

mabey teh kar98/ m91/30 "upgrade system to maek it mroe liek a COD gmae" already starts you at not having strippers and level 2 gives you strippers....taht way you can jsut reuse the animation.

Is it confirmed? I know about interruptible animations, but topping off rifle clips? That'd be nice.

Please, for the non-english (US) native speakers (like me) make an effort: liek, teh, mabey, taht, reuse (what is that? reuse?) relaod, etc... seriously :(

I have to agree. You're old enough to own an M1 Garand, so unless it's actually someone else's I'd think you'd be able to compose your posts a little more carefully. There is the possibility you type too fast.

Upvote 0
Couldn't you just put a full clip over the magazine and push down the some-odd rounds necessary to top it off, and then put the clip back in your pouch? Why do the cartridges need to be taken off the clip first?

It's always one or the other with games.

I was thinking about it and came to the same conclusion, kudos for posting first.

Pretty much just open bolt, push good round back into chamber, shove rounds down into mag, finger push the top round under the bolt, close bolt onto chambered round and you have 6 rnds.

Reactions: Bluehawk
Upvote 0
I'm still against this.

Soldiers may have done it if they were in a bind, and I know it's entirely possible. I just don't like the idea of having a bunch of half-loaded clips in my pack, or seeing OCD reloaders from other FPS games shooting 1 round then topping their rifle off every chance they get.

Place your shots better and be confident with your weapon.

Upvote 0
I'm still against this.

Soldiers may have done it if they were in a bind, and I know it's entirely possible. I just don't like the idea of having a bunch of half-loaded clips in my pack, or seeing OCD reloaders from other FPS games shooting 1 round then topping their rifle off every chance they get.

Place your shots better and be confident with your weapon.

Well just don't do it yourself. The animation should take a while to complete if done right, so those who do it every few seconds will get killed anyways.

Please, for the non-english (US) native speakers (like me) make an effort: liek, teh, mabey, taht, reuse (what is that? reuse?) relaod, etc... seriously :(

Those are called typos and/or bad spelling.

Upvote 0
Those are called typos and/or bad spelling.

Nothing against typos, I make a lot of them myself, but I am not reading the full text when it is full of them. It just doesn't read well.
So it is also better for him so more people will actually read it.

Also I thought it was confirmed, but now I am wondering if I didn't mix up two subjects (animations and actual reloads)

Upvote 0
Is it confirmed? I know about interruptible animations, but topping off rifle clips? That'd be nice.

I have to agree. You're old enough to own an M1 Garand, so unless it's actually someone else's I'd think you'd be able to compose your posts a little more carefully. There is the possibility you type too fast.

im 16..but i know english and grammer well...i do type to fast..as im yping in school in the middle of a lecture...while doign an asignment!!! lol

Upvote 0
Pretty much just open bolt, push good round back into chamber, shove rounds down into mag, finger push the top round under the bolt, close bolt onto chambered round and you have 6 rnds.

cant ahve 6 rounds...have nto messed with the kar that mutch...but the stripper would block the bolt from closeing..meaning you would have to lift the stripper off...tak the round off the stripper... push it down a little and close the bolt....possilbe but a littel liek the m1 garand mid clip reload AKA kinda ockward!

o your saying that you would finger feed teh round with out useign the bolt. that could work..if you cna PHISICALY push the round in the chamber and get if off the follower. may be hard and you mabey cant get your finger back behidn the round.... you woudl still have a half laoded stripper.

jsut remembered how to do a multi quote...crap sorry for the many messages!

mabey insted of striping roudns off...you press relaod and it would stick a half laod in there...but you still have rounds to go, you you press reload again. that might mess up some noobs however and would require more codeing.

it jsut makes me mad about giving my possition away and haveing roudns fly past/into my head from crap aim noobs! the RnL cycle system would work...bu you would be lsoeing 4 to 1 rounds....althow if i still have 4 in teh gun i dont relaod..its when im down to 2 or 3 and i know there is many people around the corner

Upvote 0
If you are able to reload mid-clip in a bolt-action rifle (I like the idea and I think it would add to the game), you are left with a couple of half-clips in your inventory. It would be nice if you were able to reload multiple half-clips sequentially.

For example: say all you have left in your inventory are 3 clips that contain no more than 2 bullets and you rifle is empty. You could reload once to insert two bullets from one clip into the rifle, then reload a second time to insert two other bullets from a second clip into the rifle, and then reload a third time to insert one out of two bullets from a third clip. In the end, you would have a full rifle and one extra bullet.

Of course, reloading in such a way is sub-optimal, and should only be done prior to engagement with the enemy, not while in the middle of a firefight.

Upvote 0
I would like it only if the stray ammo was auto condensed into on clip.

Nothing wrong with taking cover and put 3 clips together manually.
Loved R6 for reloading and seeing your magazine has only 5 bullets instead of the 30.

This will bring a new aspect into the game; If I reload to often, then eventually I only have clips of 2 bullets, or I have to shuffle them in one stripper (which takes an undefined amount of time). But if I reload too few (empty every stripper) I might miss the last bullet and the enemy escapes because I have to reload first.

Loved to see the 'automatic condensing' of games made after that.

Upvote 0