• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta in 2 days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well thats how the RO community likes to play and see RO2.
Most of the time when you're pixel shooting its just due to your limited resolution, the zooming thing fixes that in RO2. I think all the clunkiness was nice, since we don't fear for our lives, and its a video game, an overdone realistic environment helps to slow gameplay and tactics down to a realistic level.
I know. Ive got a 24inch screen, max reso.. and still I have to align pixels on top of each other to hit (at 100m+). Chunkiness leads to people using grenades as their main weapon, and it works too damn good. I'd better see more run and gun SMGs than get killed by nades 7 out of 10 times.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well i'm ready for beta :p See i got my bayonet unlocked already!

jahxu.jpg

ahahahha n1 :D

Upvote 0
I know. Ive got a 24inch screen, max reso.. and still I have to align pixels on top of each other to hit. Chunkiness leads to people using grenades as their main weapon, and it works too damn good. I'd better see more run and gun SMGs than get killed by nades 7 out of 10 times.

Its onl a problem if you go the same way allways. Also keep in mind that most RO maps on pubby servers are just not suited for 50 players. A map like "Zithomir Revenge" circumvented the nadespam problem with only giving SMG class nades. Leads to way less spammy gameplay imo. Sadly tho other maps didten get tweaked in that regard. ( lyes krovy or danzig...or..well all the other smaller maps )

As for the "pixel hunt" i like it :p And i play with a 24

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its onl a problem if you go the same way allways. Also keep in mind that most RO maps on pubby servers are just not suited for 50 players. A map like "Zithomir Revenge" circumvented the nadespam problem with only giving SMG class nades. Leads to way less spammy gameplay imo. Sadly tho other maps didten get tweaked in that regard. ( lyes krovy or danzig...or..well all the other smaller maps )

As for the "pixel hunt" i like it :p And i play with a 24

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is still the beta except it is open to digital deluxe edition owners. It is as much testing the servers as it is having more people around to find bugs. That way when they're releasing the game code through steam it'll be much more complete than not having the open beta at all.

I hope this helped.

How can this be a beta 10ish days ( yeah obviously , it wont be released until 31 or 1st of September ) prior to the official release ?

We havent been told anything at all about a bug reporting system ;)
This is going to allow a moderate stress tests on servers and a safety net for a possible major bug that is still not reported...

Since they recognized themselves that they dont want to release a "beta" with bugs ( why call it beta and not early access/demo then ? ).

Anyway, I'm done waiting and checking for updates.
If it comes out before the official release good, if not I'll just play on the release date :cool:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.