• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What is your most hated kind of player?

On the other hand, it's usually not good advice if an experienced player ignores it, no?
You're both right.

People who join a server then leave without giving warning about leaving or something, lost of posh and weapons right there.

Its even more insulting seeing that they joined some other server

Upvote 0
I HATE self-proclaimed commanders. People who think there is only one right way to play KF, always *****ing if you don't hold hands with the team or use a perk they consider ineffective. In fact, I hate people like that in any given game - the only thing that's even keeping me playing is novelty, if I stuck to established tactics like they do I'd have been so bored I probably would have quit years ago. I'm not a bot.

Edit: Oh yeah, and people who stand around getting hit or rejoining games to make money while everyone else waits. They make the game less fun for everyone involved. Go play on a lower difficulty if you suck so badly you don't have enough money.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I HATE self-proclaimed commanders. People who think there is only one right way to play KF, always *****ing if you don't hold hands with the team or use a perk they consider ineffective. In fact, I hate people like that in any given game - the only thing that's even keeping me playing is novelty, if I stuck to established tactics like they do I'd have been so bored I probably would have quit years ago. I'm not a bot.

I, too, hate players who want to play cooperatively in a cooperative game. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
On the other hand, it's usually not good advice if an experienced player ignores it, no?

Guess so but the problem is, the guy giving the advice usually thinks he is right no matter the outcome.

Its even worse when server admins do this because if you dont pick the perk or the weapon they tell you to, youre out.

In fact I once had this stupid admin trying to "guide" me through the voice chat while I was the only one alive, as if it was the first time I played the game. "TAKE THE CLASSIC ROUTE, TAKE THE CLASSIC ROUTE!!" - I was just wondering "Wtf is the classic route" and later I found out he wanted me to jump over the edge (on foundry) and running through the long hallway - which is a dead trap btw seeing as specimens rain down on you from the top not to mention losing half my hp from the drop. I just did my best to ignore him (which made him mad ofc) and my own route was working perfectly, downed about 150 specimens before I was killed by a fleshpound. Afterwards I just hear him raging calling me gay and all that, just for not following his stupid advice that would have gotten me killed even faster.

Needless to say he kicked me soon after.

Upvote 0
Guess so but the problem is, the guy giving the advice usually thinks he is right no matter the outcome.

Its even worse when server admins do this because if you dont pick the perk or the weapon they tell you to, youre out.
Haha, I feel you. I'm a bit guilty of that, as an admin.

To be fair though, my advice does tend to be legit, and it's more along the lines of advice than command. E.g. "Fleshies take extra damage from grenades... nade him!" "Backstab with axe will stun a scrake... let me distract him so you can get behind him and get some zerker points."

To go against the spirit of the thread, I've had some pretty good newb teammates the last three or so games I've played. On average, they've been playing KF for about three weeks... but they were smart. the Commando wouldn't spam the Scrake and would take out Crawlers to assist the Berserker. The Medic was actually healing. The Sharpshooter wasn't wasting his crossbow ammo on Clots. After a brief conversation, I showed the Berserker the art of Flesh Kiting. It was a blast.

I wish all the newbs were like this.

Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
I, too, hate players who want to play cooperatively in a cooperative game. :rolleyes:

It is possible to benefit your team without sitting in the same corner, or running the same circuit every single game. Sucks the life right out of KF when there is only one solution to the specimen question, at least once you get near 600 hours of game time.

Upvote 0
I signed up particularly for this thread. The people I hate the most, are new players who constantly ask questions about the controls of the game. Look, I understand you are new, but you should at least LOOK at the control scheme before playing. That's what I did, and that's what I always do. I've had games where one person would sit and ask every little thing pertaining to the controls...

"How do you crouch?"
"How do you use alt-fire?"
"How do you use voice chat?"
"How do I give you money?"
"How do I heal you?"

Seriously people, you can learn this stuff from the game's menu, so please give it a glance before beginning.

On a side note, I dislike the Firebugs who play beginner, rack up a bunch of kills, then complain they are doing all of the work.

Reactions: Aze and Entangler
Upvote 0
Haters gonna hate -_-

Jerks-420x500.jpg

Life needs to be interesting pilot. :)

Upvote 0
1] People who ***** about the firebug (and im not even a firebug) So I made them a pretty OP weapon on our servers just to fck with those whiney bastards

2] Money beggas. Earn your own effin turret!

3] Whiney a-holes that moan about bosses beeing too hard, while they dont listen to how you can beat them. And end up blaming you for it.

4] People that dont watch their backs.

5] Whiney folk that piss all over my mods. Just leave my server allready, and never join again. If you dont like the Brute/Shiver/Jason, join another server. :mad:

Upvote 0
The thing that has annoyed me the most is when I first played suicidal and the people on the server consistently said I wasn't high enough level (lvl3), and continually verbally abused and whined the entire game meanwhile I was, literally, the only person to survive each wave, including the Patriarch. They all rage quit.

If a player is holding his own, funding himself, and even handing out money to those who are continually dying each and every round TRY NOT TO BE A CONDESCENDING ASSHOLE.

I hate guys like that.

Upvote 0