• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

FleshPounds.

FleshPounds.

• Total voters
Just take off their head, it's not a glitch.

My only problem with fleshpounds that I've experienced is sometimes they autorage before they even hit floor from spawning. This results in them dying in about 1-5 seconds after spawning if they're no where to be found. You can sure as hell hear it though, and it does make me smile ever now and then.

Scrakes also have a bad habbit of giving up the chase for no apparent reason, if anything this needs to be fixed.

If anything the FP needs to explode if you decap it, and maybe be stealthed.

Upvote 0
I don't know about Decapping, My point was that on normal... and alone, he seems a bit too mental, and I also unfortunatly magically have a conga of regualar and fastgore's waiting for me.
I know they're ment to be random and powerful... but maby they could be a timer before one appears? like enough to take down half the mutants so you know if you're as unlucky as I am, you're not facing a levels worth of mobs behind you while trying to kite.

Upvote 0
Perhaps the fleshpound could be turned into a boss like figure ( not boss), where you deal a certain amount of damage and his claw, meat grinding blades fall off. then at another level of damage the glowing thing ( on his back as opposed to the front falls off) leaving a weak spot that deals extra damage. Then after the 2nd stage he goes into rage forever and can't be turned off but has low health and the players can easily kill him through the back. Because this is might be too powerful for the players, make decaping his head not an option.

Upvote 0
Skrakes still have the bad habit of standing there doing nothing once they come under melee attack. Which wouldn't be so bad, but on hard it still takes 7 to 8 seconds to kill them...and it looks pretty silly.
With a Level 3 Berserker, you can easily end one with the Chainsaw in under 5 seconds of Secondary Attack to the face, even on hard. Yeah, it looks silly, but it's amazingly effective!

Upvote 0
It's worse than I thought.

It's worse than I thought.

I was on farm... nicely got to wave 7 (normal, long) and suddenly a raging Fleshpound is thundering towards me... smacks we across the map, I shoot it once with the bullpup (nice new semi-auto function) and then it instantly rages, I jump over a fence and once it gets over? oh rages again.
It's too Fast, it's got too much health, it can hurt you too much, it rages too quickly.
****ing hell, How is a guy ment to play solo like this?
We all don't have excellent bandwidth (it's called living in the UK), I even have some disgusting lagg spikes which put me off multi-player.

Upvote 0
I was on farm... nicely got to wave 7 (normal, long) and suddenly a raging Fleshpound is thundering towards me... smacks we across the map, I shoot it once with the bullpup (nice new semi-auto function) and then it instantly rages, I jump over a fence and once it gets over? oh rages again.
It's too Fast, it's got too much health, it can hurt you too much, it rages too quickly.
****ing hell, How is a guy ment to play solo like this?
We all don't have excellent bandwidth (it's called living in the UK), I even have some disgusting lagg spikes which put me off multi-player.

I take it you don't know the decapitation trick. The key to taking down fleshpounds is to be a man and do everything your instincts tell you not to do: get up in his grille. Once you're there, use the bullpup on FULL auto like a chainsaw and shoot his head off. It shouldn't take more than 5 or so bullets. Once his head comes off, switch to the knife and GTFO (because even a headless fleshpound can kill you). 5 seconds later he'll be dead on the ground. This technique works better with an actual chainsaw, but the bullpup is the next best thing.

Upvote 0
there seems to be a discrepancy between difficulty levels in each person's online experience. i know for a fact that 5 bullpop shots to a fleshpounds face doesn't do jack. i've decapitated it with a hunting shotgun and it took 2 close up blasts( plus flame , rifle, shotgun blasts from my team mates) so 5 rounds from a bullpop(that's like a half second trigger pull)? even a chainsaw takes longer to decap a fp.

Upvote 0
I love Fleshpounds.

They are the next most dangerous specimen next to the Patty, and I think making them harder to kill would make the game too easy.

Fleshpound kills require teams, and if your the only one left in the final rounds, your chances of survival are slim. I would hate if it was possible to survive w/ 60 zombies left in round 9, that would be too easy.

Upvote 0
A scenario that I saw last night:

Five of use were on West London ( on Normal ). We were up at the church, and a fleshpound spawned at the spawn near the police station, the side away from the trader and started to walk towards the church, turning the corner. It got LOS to us and instantly raged there, and charged through the crowd and up to us.

This is the only problem, in my opinion - the autorage seems to work from too great a distance currently. I think he should have to get closer rather than just needing line of sight, since that was across the whole damn map pretty much, but at the same time I like how it makes kiting a fair amount harder.

Something between nerf and keep it the same is what I feel. A soft/semi nerf.

the auto rage, if i remember correctly, trips off when the fp has to walk for a certain distance. so in your case the place he spawned to the corner was enough to make him mad..

I just had a though everyone ( how rare?! ). The FP is supposed to be a very angry fellow, why else have two mate, err meat grinding fists? so why not instead of making him weaker, make him have some small weakness WHILE raged?
IE - takes increased damage
- decaps easier
- can be shot in the legs and stumble
- might ocassionally just go after a few other zeds instead of the players?

the idea im getting in my mind of the character type of a FP is best described as a 13 year old girl, taking extra hormones.. *crush kill, destroy!*

your thoughts?

Upvote 0
I normally don't think these sort of posts are worth time - but I will say this; Fleshpounds are too easy. They need more health, and less rage.
The fright factor comes from the imposing figure slowly making its way over to you. Looming death. I like auto-rage from kiting, but it seems a little too sensitive at the current time.

Upvote 0
I wish we could shoot their arms off to reduce their attack power, that migh be an alternative way to fight them as commandos, medic and sharpshooters. Rather than getting mauled to death hoping for a critical headshot.
Agreed, I usually play Commando becuase I like how the Bullpup is com[ared to other weopons.
I also think anyone who claims they want it to be raised is either:
A) Trolling.
B) A Berserker n00b using a chainsaw.
C) Actually playing on-line where they have people to help kill it.

Res1stanc3 said:
I think you should leave it because in online play it forces the players to work together and as for offline play.....its called solo for a reason.....it is supposed to be hard
Funny, I thought the difficulty was called normal, I think I have to get my glasses checked.

Upvote 0