• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why is Pavlovs House an Attack/Attack Map??

Jorg Biermann1

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Buckinghamshire, UK
Ok when the Beta first came out I was surprised to see that Fallen Fighters was an Attack/Attack map, but after a while it kinda made sense but...

Pavlovs House should NOT be an attack/attack map!! I am just confuzzled when I'm Russian holding Pavlovs House and the time runs out and it says that I've lost. Like how have the Russians lost if they still have the House??

Ok when the Beta first came out I was surprised to see that Fallen Fighters was an Attack/Attack map, but after a while it kinda made sense but...

Pavlovs House should NOT be an attack/attack map!! I am just confuzzled when I'm Russian holding Pavlovs House and the time runs out and it says that I've lost. Like how have the Russians lost if they still have the House??

Because there's more to TE-Pavlovshouse then Pavlovshouse alone. The map has multiple objectives.

Pavlovshouse itself was used by the red Army as a base to initiate harassment raids from. Did you expect Pavlovshouse to be a Russian defense map? If yes, why if I may ask?

Upvote 0
Pavlov's House is a terrible map. PzIV drives to january 9th square, camps the 2nd russian spawn with hull-MG and camps the russian tankspawn with cannon.

Being hull-down behind the wall it WILL win any encounters with T34 because it's stupidly good and won't die even with it's 50mm armor.

AI-hullgunner snipes everyone with MG headshots and player shoots any tanks coming out. You win EVERY SINGLE TIME. Map needs a LOAD of rebalancing.

Upvote 0
Well tbh even if a tank does get there, some well placed smoke and a rapid advance by an engineer or accurate mortar attack soon takes care of it.

People need to stop thinking in terms of what one person can do to cancel out a threat and start thinking about how the TEAM can cancel out a threat.

I personally think its a good map a lot of fun, and as people learn the map ,and work out attack routes etc and coordinate attack/defense it will only get better

Reactions: vbloke and heady89
Upvote 0
Because there's more to TE-Pavlovshouse then Pavlovshouse alone. The map has multiple objectives.

Pavlovshouse itself was used by the red Army as a base to initiate harassment raids from. Did you expect Pavlovshouse to be a Russian defense map? If yes, why if I may ask?

Because it's NAMED "Pavlov's House". If there was a map named, for example, "Operation Overlord", I'd be kind of surprised if it was an attack/attack map. Pavlov's House was the site of an incredible defensive feat by the Soviets, and changing that is rather odd.

Change the name or change the map, it doesn't fit as-is.

Upvote 0

Because it was a Fortified building that the Russians DEFENDED from the Germans for weeks...

Upvote 0
Because it's NAMED "Pavlov's House". If there was a map named, for example, "Operation Overlord", I'd be kind of surprised if it was an attack/attack map. Pavlov's House was the site of an incredible defensive feat by the Soviets, and changing that is rather odd.

Change the name or change the map, it doesn't fit as-is.

2 points:

1. The house itself was indeed a massive feat of defense. But, as Ingmar said, it was also used for attacks to harass the Germans. Also, the Germans didn't START by owning the whole area - they had to take it from the Russians.

2. For the more "obvious" take on Pavlov, see the single player campaigns when the game launches next week!

Upvote 0
Speaking of attack/attack maps, what parameters do they use to determine who's won if/when the time runs out? Is it the team with the most areas captured at the end of the round?

I usually think it's better than what we had in RO1. Where you would fight all the way to the end and the last cap, only to lose the round because the time ran out. But I haven't noticed any bonuses or penalties for winning/losing a round in terms of progression, so aside from personal ego I don't think it's too much of a big deal as to how they decide who won a map if the time runs out.

Upvote 0
2 points:

1. The house itself was indeed a massive feat of defense. But, as Ingmar said, it was also used for attacks to harass the Germans. Also, the Germans didn't START by owning the whole area - they had to take it from the Russians.

2. For the more "obvious" take on Pavlov, see the single player campaigns when the game launches next week!

But it still doesn't make sense that the Russians lose when they still hold Dom Pavlova. I think maybe to fix it would add more caps to Pavlovs house? Maybe have it like the Pavlovs House in Ro1 when there was a cap for each floor..

Reactions: nike_angus
Upvote 0
The Russians did NOT attack the german positions from the apartment building that was later named Pavlovs house. THe building was captured by the russians then fortified in order to be defended to the last man in line with the "not one step back" policy. The platoon (led by Sgt Pavlov due to their units Lieutenant being blinded) that captured the house was crippled from their endeavour and were in no position to "initiate harassment raids" as I believe you put it. They were barely in any condition to defend the building. This is what makes Pavlovs house so famous.

This map in no way reflects the events that took place in real life and a different name would be appropriate.

Upvote 0
Well tbh even if a tank does get there, some well placed smoke and a rapid advance by an engineer or accurate mortar attack soon takes care of it.

People need to stop thinking in terms of what one person can do to cancel out a threat and start thinking about how the TEAM can cancel out a threat.

I personally think its a good map a lot of fun, and as people learn the map ,and work out attack routes etc and coordinate attack/defense it will only get better

So it's ok that 1 guy from german side requires 3-5 guys from soviet side to take out?

No, it does not work like that.

Upvote 0