• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hold ADS?

We all have our different taste. Toggle is really jarring for me personally, and not very fluid. Some things I like toggle; crouch, prone, and sometimes even sprinting. Aiming? I'll pass.
when you need to hold mouse button while you aim, it affects how you hold the mouse making you more inaccurate. PLus it feels awkward. No thx.

Reactions: barakas and DiBBs
Upvote 0
I literally Can't enjoy this game atm due to the limited control option's, I'm really not one to moan or go on and on, Hell I couldn't praise this game enough on my clan's forum other clan's forums bash and slash forums etc etc, Never have I once be a ''tool'' on these forums.

I made in the past numerous threads about having ADS non toggle options, so I feel know the beta is out and their are none to be seen I have the right to ***** :D

I mean it's not like I'm asking for gameplay changes here, Just a few non toggle options in the controls.

Can some one at least shed some light whether this is just because it's the beta and will be implemented in the full release or not.

Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0
when you need to hold mouse button while you aim, it affects how you hold the mouse making you more inaccurate. PLus it feels awkward. No thx.
Same reason why I prefer toggle and never even would think about a hold option. Same goes for crouching.

would like to see some official fix for this though
it is not broken...

Last edited:
Reactions: barakas and DiBBs
Upvote 0
Here's what I've found, works for me but sometimes prone breaks it. But proning is for girls anyhow :)

C:\Users\*your username*\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\ROGame\Config

ROInput.ini

search for "ironsight" and change the entires to
Bindings=(Name="Ironsights",Command="Ironsights | onrelease Ironsights",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)

you should have to change it twice.

If I knew how to give rep on these forums, I would give you all of them.

To the person who finds holding down the mouse button awkward; that's a problem with your grip or your mouse, not with the fact that you need to hold down the mouse button.

Finally, I made a thread for this in the suggestions forum: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=57717

Upvote 0
I already said this on the Steam forum, but the workaround is kinda broken.
We need an official toggle/non toggle option.

When you change the .ini for a hold it will quite often bug out.
Meaning you are suddenly stuck in ADS and have to actually hold RMB to get out of it.
This mostly happens when you give other inputs related to sprinting, zooming or changing stances.
Sorry to say, but this is no solution :(

I don't see the point of people coming here just to say how wrong it is to have it as a hold. An actual physical action to keep your weapon up seems way more natural to me... Owait, that isn't the point, it is all just personal preference.

...it was in KF..?

Upvote 0
This is broken to not have the Option of setting the button to be a toggle on/off, or a press-on-release-off.

I can play with toggle on/off, but generally prefer press-on-release-off controls for most things that I will change between quickly. Crouch, sprint, aim, etc.

Why is this superior for me? Because it simply is "While this finger is pressing the key, I am doing X". So, I want to aim? I keep holding down the right mouse button. I'm done aiming? Release the right mouse button.

This doesn't make it harder for me to aim, it doesn't hinder me, this is simply how I video games.

If it is toggle aim, I will generally, out of habit, still hold down the button. When I am done aiming I release the button to indicate that I am done aiming and wish to stop. However, with toggle controls the game doesn't. I continue to aim because I have only toggled the action, and must hit the button again to change the toggle.

A "Bug" is when something unintended happens with a system. For many of us this Is a bug, and it is Is Broken. Yes, it is a design bug/oversight that only effects a portion of the userbase, but that is not a small portion of the userbase, and should be addressed by the developers.

Why should we be forced to 'adapt' when making this an Option is so easy?

Upvote 0
I find it amusing you are still posting here just to tell us that how we play the game is wrong.
Last time I checked we were playing on the PC where you can have tooooooons of options. Don't like hold-ADS, who cares, just don't select the option!
It is like "Who needs rebindable controls?! I don't care if you are left-handed and can't play with wasd, you guys have no idea how to play videogames!"

Seriously, because you are being used to how RO and Arma has their default controls we can't have the OPTION for hold-ADS?
Not here to start a flamewar, but saying no to an optional feature alot of people want just because you personally don't need it is just messed up.

I really thought this option was a given since KF had it too. :confused:

Upvote 0
No, this very much falls under the category of a "Design Bug" by violating a commonly accepted (and often expected) interface standard of the industry. I have played far more games over the years with Hold-on-Release-off crouch and aim than I have played with toggles.

(As opposed to an "Implementation Bug", which would be something that works, but does not actually function as designed, or a "Run Time Bug", in which it neither works, or functions as designed. Crashes are Run Time Bugs. Having 6 bullets on a stripper clip instead of the 5 stated in the doc would be an Implementation Bug.)

Now, if someone wanted something like "I should double click the right mouse button to toggle aim!" would be a feature request.

And these days, I would also say that lacking toggle for aim or crouch would also be a design bug, because more and more games are using it, and the option is clearly becoming expected by the gaming community.

Upvote 0