• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How many of you plan to have music switched on?

How many of you plan to have music switched on?

• Yes.

Votes: 49 43.8%
  • No.

Votes: 63 56.3%

• Total voters
I never played RO1 with music on .

Immersion killing alone is enough for me to switch it on, but there's also a competitive advantage in MP to have it off.

Thats really odd because for me, having music playing breaks the immersion :p I doubt one could find many soldiers who recall an orchestral piece playing in the background as they assaulted an objective ( oddball doesn't count ) :cool:

I would also rather they had focused more on ambience and actual sounds that a soldier would hear on a battlefield, but it has an off switch so it's all good :IS2:

Upvote 0
I generally play my own music in the background, and it's usually something I listen to A LOT and almost exclusively while playing on the computer. I helps me concentrate, since I know what to expect, and it helps keep me going.

Also, as a side effect of playing games with the music turned ON, I can whistle you the menu music from UT99, UT2k3, UT2k4, UT3, RO 3.3, BF1942, etc etc...

Upvote 0
I'm not loving the released samples, sorry to say.
Same, but due to quality (fake instruments, with real violin that sounds recorded with low-cost condenser mic. with rough high frequencies ala shure ksm / blue baby).

But, I trust the pieces will end up played by someone skilled at the synthesizer for the released version, so I'll wait to hear them.

No music during MP - I want to focus on what's going on.

Rob

Upvote 0
I'll start with it on, but will probably eventually turn it off.

Instead of a binary off/on how about an option to keep it on when you are not in mid battle. But have it on on the loading screen, selection screen, waiting to spawn screen, death sequence, and even potentially while controlling a tank but before you are in range. It would be cool to be in a caravan of tanks driving to the battlefield with theme music going a la Apocalypse Now Ride of the Valkyries.

Upvote 0