• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your favourite videogame music

Great track indeed. Reminds me of Lost, good days watching the series ^^

IMHO the most beautiful track made for a videogame is still Leliana's Song :IS2:
YouTube - Lelianna's Song (with lyrics) - Dragon Age: Origins Soundtrack
Vigil comes right next:
YouTube - Mass Effect - Vigil (music)

But this is the one that really makes me sad :(
YouTube - Dragon Age: Origins -- OST 34 'The Coronation'

In terms of epicness, I've recently noticed that the soundtrack last DLC for ME2, Arrival, is pretty good as well, especially if combined with the scene where they play. Still, it's not the best track from Mass Effect IMO.
YouTube - Mass Effect 2: The Arrival Score (part 5)

I think the best combat theme is definetely from Lair of the Shadow Broker.
YouTube - Mass Effect 2 Soundtrack- Battle Theme - Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC

Hard to pick one love theme, but this time I think I'll take the one from ME1.
YouTube - Mass Effect Soundtrack - Love Theme

Reactions: Ralfst3r
Upvote 0
Friggin' brilliant, refreshing to hear such a well done and performed composition. TW should use them for RO3...

Are you still music-nerd-raging over the fact they coulden't afford to hire a full Orchestra, and had to use samples?
It's an awesome track though, no question about that.

Anyway, here's some game music that kicks butt, and which i had all but forgotten about till a couple of days ago:
YouTube - No One Lives Forever 2 Unity HQ soundtrack

Reactions: OneDuck
Upvote 0
Are you still music-nerd-raging over the fact they coulden't afford to hire a full Orchestra, and had to use samples?
It's an awesome track though, no question about that.

Anyway, here's some game music that kicks butt, and which i had all but forgotten about till a couple of days ago:
YouTube - No One Lives Forever 2 Unity HQ soundtrack
That soundtrack rocks. That game was a total classic -- sure don't make em like that any more.

Upvote 0
Fedorov wins so far; Grim Fandango has a fantastic soundtrack. I prefer game music to be not so... game musicy. You know, like "epic" string sections and stuff, they all sound the same IMO.

Machinarium is another amazing sountrack with truly original music.

The Neverhood has some of the funniest music for a videogame ever:

YouTube - The Neverhood - Dum Da Dum Doi Doi

Ed Harrison's music for the Neotokyo mod is also one of the best I've heard, really sets the mood for a dystopian future.
YouTube - Ed Harrison - Prabhava [Neotokyo OST]

Upvote 0