• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your favorite line so far

"Here is your papa jojo!" Or something similar. I have no idea what it means, but it cracks me up every time I hear it. :D

One of the most disturbing I can think of is when you hear a grown German soldier crying "Help, please help me, mother!" While he's bleeding out/in the middle of a firefight.

P.S: I must applaud the voice-acting. Even the English voice-overs that are so often ridiculously bad in games are pretty darn good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Does anyone else think that one of the german voice actors sounds like the ghost from starcraft2 or the horseman from darksiders?

I must admit I find both the accents sound more like phoney Hollywood Italian accents (Chico Marx) than German and Russian. I have trouble discerning whether it is a friend or foe when I hear them. I think I would prefer the original language, like in RO1 you will eventually learn what it is they are saying even if you don't know the exact words, simply because you have heard it so many times.

Upvote 0
Yes, some lines are REALLY terrifying. I saw a teammate dying, he was holding both hands at his stomach which was bleeding very much. Didn't understood exactly what he was saying while that. I think it was a russian line. Man... my breath was away for a short time. And I just stood there and looked at him. Really terrifying. If you are dying slowly (and the screen is getting dark) as a german my soldier said things like "Warum ich? Warum ich?" ("Why me? Why me?") or "Ich will so nicht sterben" ("I don't want to die like this!").

But as terrifying as it is: Good job on that Tripwire, really!
I am also loving the chatter, it adds alot more immersion to the battle, becouse every body is not silent like in ro1 :)

Upvote 0
Actually in the settings you can change the amount of talking your guy does by checking either "Regular(?)", "Emergency", and "Minimal". Ever since having it on minimal, I rarely hear anything. It's mostly "Watch out for Ivan" and the regular call of snipers, grenades, death speeches, and bloodcurling screams of death. Very nice, though I did say "Agh, I'm so tired." and I went -_-

EDIT: The best thing I've heard so far was charging an enemy with my Kar 98k and he just yells for so long and loud, it must be terrifying. Even more satisfying when I smack him across the face when he has his little pistol out.

The problem is I believe that whilst you don't hear your guy - others still do. Therefore whilst the annoyance of hearing stuff over and over is gone the disadvantage of involuntary chatter remains which I think is a really annoying thing that really speaks of removing control from the player for the purposes of a more "cinematic" experience which as a rule messes up multiplayer games as liberties are taken with freedom for the purposes of drama.

Basically it might be enjoyable now but how about a few weeks down the line when you have heard lots of the lines and are finding yourself dying because of your characters jabbering. All's I would like is a button I can press which will stop my character commenting on the situation beyond perhaps saying something when injured or dying. Or I'd like to see the voice work categorized into a menu of context sensitive voice commands.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I ran into a room and took of the enemies head with the butt of my rifle, I do not mean it was just a head shot, knocking him down, his cranium was removed in it's entirety.

I would have taken a screen shot but as I had gotten shot in the back and was slowly blacking out, turned and as I shot the German that had shot me in the back, I was not sure if the gurgle was from the one I shot or from the throat tunnel I just exposed by removing the other German's melon.

During the Battle of Stalingrad, the Russians used to play a certain phrase over loudspeakers to haunt and dishearten the dying German soldiers. That phrase was "Stalingrad-Massengrab, Stalingrad-Massengrab" over and over and over again. Massengrab in German means "mass grave."

I think that would be fitting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My favorite line is on Fallen heroes countdown, Me and a team mate were behind some sandbags firing on the building the Germans spawn from and I was covering two windows when one guy pops out and shoots my team mate. I hear a grunt and he says:

"They finally got me...." :plop:

Suddenly a whole wave of germans run out of the building and I just keep loading all my SVT into it and blind firing. I didn't want them to get me too ;_;

Most epic moment: As a Squad leader, me and a bunch of other guys hit the ground on the other side of a small hill on fallen heroes. I throw smoke and the coast it clear it seems. I stand up, hit "attack" and hear my guy say:

DABAVK-- BAM, my head gets shot.

No one moved, it was as if they said "Screw that"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I did have a huge smile on my face once when confronted with the following situation:

As a Russian rifleman, I was shooting through the window of the Propaganda House towards the street coming form the German spawn.
A group of 3 Germans came running down the street and I got them 1 by one which led to stream of oneliners from my character:

*bam*
"Die you fascist!"
*bam*
"Go to hell Fritz!"
*bam*
"Tovaritch, Tovaritch, I got another one!!!" (this was in a joyous voice)

:D

Upvote 0