• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

another direction

another direction

• yes please

Votes: 24 75.0%
  • no thanks

Votes: 8 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blackfire

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 30, 2010
under your bed
so, it seems people are getting sick of the endless list of new weapons, perks and specimens they have to turn down or club to death with a blunt object.

that's why I'm sacrificing myself to the bashfest and try to get you excited over A NEW TRADER WINDOW!

i have no idea when the trader cleaned up her store last, but it's starting to look a little dull again, is it not? she's also having trouble finding the right weapons fast enough and passing all of them through the tiny hole in her defensive cage, not to mention the ammo.

this is why the lads have decided to help her out a little and make it all look decent. an apocalypse doesn't mean your hideout cant be tidy right?

in short, do you think the trade window should be pimped a little?
yes or no?
if so, please post either an idea or a picture of what you want.

my idea looks a little like this~
Spoiler!

btw: i know my concept is crappy as hell and it missed allot of things (leave shop option) but hell.
- i made it in paint
- i made it FAST
- im crappy at this kind of stuff
- did i mention paint?
- its a CONCEPT

Last edited:
How is this design an improvement? What is it even trying to achieve? Buttons are arbitrarily scattered everywhere instead of neat columns, weapon names have been replaced by minuscule icons (bad for people playing in low resolutions and people new to the game not familiar with the weapon types), there are pointless and misleading "Primary" and "Special" weapon designations (they got rid of these for a reason), and armor, grenades, and weight have been crammed into a tiny, unreadable box. Hell, looking at this image, I'm not even sure how I'm supposed to sell a weapon.

Also, the pistol and handcannon are Shapshooter weapons, not "all".

Upvote 0
Too much wasted space and crappy places for numbers and buttons. See attached.

However the edit makes the interface basically the same as the current one with some slight changes. With shortcut keys and the addition of a buy ammo for all weapons (but not grenades) button, the current interface is fine as is.

Attachments

• killingfloortraderconcept.jpg
    killingfloortraderconcept.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I've raised this point in the past so I'll ask for the indulgence for those who have read this before.

I'd like the trader screen to provide some in-game visibility. Either something that *isn't* full-screen, or perhaps is semi-transparent, or has, literally, a window in the center. That way, people can see who is changing perks, and what is being selected. Who is buying what weapon(s), who is being generous with their cash and meds, and, perhaps most important, that everyone else is departing. Not to mention, permitting them to see that they might just be the reason everyone else can't enter or leave. (How many times has a poor egress from the trader screwed up an entire wave?) Yes, experienced players and good communications are the current solution to this issue, and, I get that. I just don't see a downside if, from a programming standpoint, this isn't the equivalent of splitting the atom.

I'd pretty much be willing to accommodate any layout that included this feature.

Upvote 0
The only thing I really dislike about the trader menu is that the weapon list does not scroll down until you click on a weapon first. That really needs to be changed.

I find it really annoying that when you switch perks while in the trader, it doesn't automatically go back to the top of the menu so you can quickly buy guns with your perk.

This frustrates me so much considering the lack of time on HoE/sui and how quick you need to be.

Upvote 0
I really like how all fits in single screen. No need to waste time to scroll down to buy weapons.
It took this post for me to understand what the hype was for this redesign.

I can't say I like how the Trader's image/kiss-logo appear either...

Rhenna said:
I'd like the trader screen to provide some in-game visibility. Either something that *isn't* full-screen, or perhaps is semi-transparent, or has, literally, a window in the center. That way, people can see who is changing perks, and what is being selected. Who is buying what weapon(s), who is being generous with their cash and meds, and, perhaps most important, that everyone else is departing. Not to mention, permitting them to see that they might just be the reason everyone else can't enter or leave. (How many times has a poor egress from the trader screwed up an entire wave?)
If this replaced the Trader's image/kiss-logo; I'm all for it~

Upvote 0
Yeah, i'm up for a redesign, as long as the interface isn't actually harder to use. The fact that you can see what wave you are going to is a great diea because I have forgottern numerous times and ended up with some weapons that the patriach just laughs off, so certainly implement a wave counter.

I like the diea of the guns being in their specific classes and in order of tier, as long as it is easy to read I'm happy.

The Kiss logo thing is unneeded, as is the photo of the trader. Maybe this window that has been suggested is a good idea. You could place as actor in each trader that essentially acts as a security camera, so you can see who is choosing what perk and when people are leaving. Great idea there Rhenna!

In all, i really like the new layout minus the things that i've mentioned. Seems you didn't get verbally abused as you expected Blackfire :p Great work man :D

Upvote 0
thanks for the positive( and negative) feedback, but as i stated its only a concept.

its completely open to be re-designed if you want, as for the trader and her signature, it was there to fill up the open space I had left.
also, you cant work with very small letter in paint, 's why I don't have any names above the weapons (as intended)

but oke, once i get back from school i might make a few changes and post a V.2 of my concept.

Upvote 0