• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Which ideas and suggestions bother you the most?

Which ideas and suggestions bother you the most?

• New Weapons

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • New Specimens

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • New Content

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • New Ability

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • Other

Votes: 12 22.2%

• Total voters
Hey why not put an M4 in KF? It needs new content or the game gets stale. :troll:

Fixed.

Sort-of related to this. It is possible for someone's opinion to be wrong, bad or even both. There have been a few people in the past week making posts to the effect of "you can't call someone's opinion wrong." Yes you can.

Upvote 0
Fixed.

Sort-of related to this. It is possible for someone's opinion to be wrong, bad or even both. There have been a few people in the past week making posts to the effect of "you can't call someone's opinion wrong." Yes you can.

Actually, its more of this; Don't except your personal opinions to come without a negative response.

Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0
Explain how calling someones opinion wrong doesn't make you an asshat.

:D Philosophy time! :D

Well to put this into perspective as an example, if someone's opinion is that all jewish people are arseholes just because they are jewish, then 99.9% of people would react by saying that person is being unreasonable and obviously wrong.

Of course this an extreme example but there have been, and certainly still are people that do have this opinion. There is nothing to support their claim because they are ignorant of the whole picture. However to them, based on the evidence they have, they believe they are correct.

An opinion isn't wrong if you can back it up with evidence or even just basic logic, but if you say "my opinion is right just because it is", then your opinion will be considered wrong assuming there is compelling evidence to the contrary. The issue comes from when people aren't willing to allow alternative evidence to alter their opinion and refine it.

There are miscommunications, I myself had a pretty big bust up with 9_6 because I didn't understand his point, and he didn't understand mine. However once we both understood what the other was saying the venom in our posts went away. I believe I had the same kind of thing with you lobeman now that I think of it :D

If you can back up an opinion sensibly, then even if people disagree with you, they can't really say your opinon isn't worth noting. On the flip side opinions have no rhyme or reason to them are just flat out stupid, and should be challenged as such.

You have been watching philosophy time with J*

Good night everybody! *wave* :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
:D Philosophy time! :D

Well to put this into perspective as an example, if someone's opinion is that all jewish people are arseholes just because they are jewish, then 99.9% of people would react by saying that person is being unreasonable and obviously wrong.

Of course this an extreme example but there have been, and certainly still are people that do have this opinion. There is nothing to support their claim because they are ignorant of the whole picture. However to them, based on the evidence they have, they believe they are correct.

An opinion isn't wrong if you can back it up with evidence or even just basic logic, but if you say "my opinion is right just because it is", then your opinion will be considered wrong assuming there is compelling evidence to the contrary. The issue comes from when people aren't willing to allow alternative evidence to alter their opinion and refine it.

There are miscommunications, I myself had a pretty big bust up with 9_6 because I didn't understand his point, and he didn't understand mine. However once we both understood what the other was saying the venom in our posts went away. I believe I had the same kind of thing with you lobeman now that I think of it :D

If you can back up an opinion sensibly, then even if people disagree with you, they can't really say your opinon isn't worth noting. On the flip side opinions have no rhyme or reason to them are just flat out stupid, and should be challenged as such.

You have been watching philosophy time with J*

Good night everybody! *wave* :rolleyes:

What you say makes perfect sense, well said as always Jester.

I was going to respond with a few good points I have of my own, but its just a semantics argument. We don't need anymore of those types of arguments here :D

I'm just going to go with the whole "agree to disagree" thing. :cool:

Upvote 0
Maybe its because lewt is trying to pass his opinion as fact. Nearly every one of his posts in this thread he presents himself as a grade-A asshat. I don't think lewt was presenting his ideas as well put together as you later did for him.

Oh, and steam users are awesome at making baseless assumptions. Like you assuming that guy is from the steam forums.

People like lewt are turning this place into the steam forums in my opinion. "Hey its a bad idea because I say so. Oh yeah your opinion is WRONG" kind of mentality has no place here.

Umad? Oh wait, this isn't the steam forum.

The part where I mentioned the commando was wholly irrelevant. I gave an opinion and people jump immediately on a single word that was really just a redundant afterthought. When I called the guy a moron, it's because he couldn't read a simple sentence correctly, and believed to automatically know my intentions - Honestly? I thought a person couldn't POSSIBLY be so thick headed, and guessed he was purposely misconstruing what I said to make me look like more of an asshat than I really am (Grade C at best) or just plain too stupid to talk to.

Pretty sure I have the right to leave a thread when people are attempting to argue with me over something I never said. Doesn't help when someone else like Gibby tries to "clarify". By the way, rude people exist. Deal with it.

Upvote 0
Umad? Oh wait, this isn't the steam forum.

The part where I mentioned the commando was wholly irrelevant. I gave an opinion and people jump immediately on a single word that was really just a redundant afterthought. When I called the guy a moron, it's because he couldn't read a simple sentence correctly, and believed to automatically know my intentions - Honestly? I thought a person couldn't POSSIBLY be so thick headed, and guessed he was purposely misconstruing what I said to make me look like more of an asshat than I really am (Grade C at best) or just plain too stupid to talk to.

Pretty sure I have the right to leave a thread when people are attempting to argue with me over something I never said. Doesn't help when someone else like Gibby tries to "clarify". By the way, rude people exist. Deal with it.

My mistake. I went back and re-read the beginning posts here. Usually I'm pretty good at reading comprehension, but some of the more passive aggressive posts leave me hanging every now and again. I understand what you are talking about. My apologies as I did come off as heavily insulting.

If its any consolation, the guy did prove to me several posts later exactly what grade of asshat he was.

Upvote 0
Personally, i'm sick of all of the boxes, and i can't tick them all :eek:

However i do have a weapon suggestion.

I'll keep it a secret unless anyone else wants to know it. It's thought out, and i've attempted to balance it using that guy's weapon and specimen table, even though it's for v1013.

I've put thought into it, and attempted to find a niche for it.

Any takers? :)

EDIT: 1/10 takers till i post it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0