• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TWI was right...

Spindle

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 2, 2011
Belgium
... we are only 0.01% of the playerbase. :p
You need to look at the Players Online btw xD
BD2FDCAA86E739D91B76B2C4295AB05D00771F24

Last edited:
There were over 100 people on Ost yesterday ..... so I guess that's only 0.005%

Why did you post that..can't you ppl stop playing RO until I'm back on track?

I have problems with my internet connection. The only games I can play now is arma: combat operations (singleplayer) and red faction guerilla (singleplayer) and about ten other PC games aswell as about 15 other console games inlcuding GTA - but no RO OST MP! That's about it. I need to go and see a doctor or a psychologist. =(

Upvote 0
Guys(and/or girls), I'm talking about the Players Online; which says 123456123 players online :D
Lol yeah I think alot of people fail to realize that the server browser is mostly broken in its functionality (besides the problem of servers not showing up). That box in the lower left hand corner that's supposed to show server info is completely borked and contains hardly any real information. According to that box, every server is NOT dedicated, has friendly fire off, doesn't have cheat protection, and isn't ranked. Every server selected will show this same information, meaning that it simply doesn't work -- they are placeholder numbers.

It's pretty sad... 3 months post release and most of what's in the server browser isn't even functional yet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The in game browser works perfectly. It is your poorly made router that is the issue. Notice how i dont use routers and have no issue in every single game iv ever played, including RTS which are terrible with routers.

Gamers should not use routers if you dont have a clue how to configuer it period.
Better yet, stop using routers all together, and use a switch so your internet goes like this - Cable modem > switch > one ethernet to gaming pc, second to your router for all other items in your house. Works amazing and then you dont even have to screw around with router issues in ALL games.

Upvote 0
The in game browser works perfectly. It is your poorly made router that is the issue. Notice how i dont use routers and have no issue in every single game iv ever played, including RTS which are terrible with routers.

Gamers should not use routers if you dont have a clue how to configuer it period.
Better yet, stop using routers all together, and use a switch so your internet goes like this - Cable modem > switch > one ethernet to gaming pc, second to your router for all other items in your house. Works amazing and then you dont even have to screw around with router issues in ALL games.

Srsly it's just a small joke, my server browser is fine except for this one time funny error.
Sheesh

and PS: don't be so smug

Last edited:
Reactions: r5cya
Upvote 0
I am just annoyed at the constant bashing of it. Its like people who grew up on command and conquer, like me. Those peer to peer games hated routers with a passion. I could either spend forever trying to configuer it or just drop the router. ever since i stopped connecting my router to my pc, all issues ceased. My xbox and ps3 use the router fine so that works out great.

Also you could just use steam server list which is faster anyways, cause you can just join from your desktop via steam.

Upvote 0
I am just annoyed at the constant bashing of it. Its like people who grew up on command and conquer, like me. Those peer to peer games hated routers with a passion. I could either spend forever trying to configuer it or just drop the router. ever since i stopped connecting my router to my pc, all issues ceased. My xbox and ps3 use the router fine so that works out great.

Also you could just use steam server list which is faster anyways, cause you can just join from your desktop via steam.

This thread isn't about the server browser it's about the 0.01%

Reactions: r5cya
Upvote 0
This thread isn't about the server browser it's about the 0.01%

Sorry, but I could not help NOT to think about this..

Some outlaw motorcycle clubs can be distinguished by a 1% patch worn on the colors. This is claimed to be a reference to a comment made by the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) in which they stated that 99% of motorcyclists were law-abiding citizens, implying that the last one percent were outlaws. The comment, supposedly a response to the Hollister riot in 1947,[24][25] is denied by the AMA—who claim to have no record of such a statement to the press, and that the story is a misquotation.[26] As a result, some outlaw motorcycle clubs used it to unite or express themselves and are commonly referred to as "one percenters". According to the ATF they are also known as Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs or OMGs.[27]

Funny thing is, It's this small niche audience on this board that seems to be most active with RO2, and it's this audience that will keep the game alive and do mods for it. The one percenters.. It would be nice to know the REAL amount of servers and players though since the MP board seems to have some fatal errors in it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

That's nice to know, thanks...:D...

Upvote 0

Right, so it's my fault that RO2's server browser has been broken for me since day one of the beta, even though every other game I've ever played worked properly with my router... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
That |Brothers| server is my go-to server right now, it seems to be the only realism server with decent ping.

Shame it's usually 36/36 players (well.. shame for me anyway). Pain in the arse trying to get into that server! :p

Better yet, stop using routers all together

Woah... just.. woah. Advising people not to use routers? Do you realise how silly that advice is?

Upvote 0

How about reading people's posts before bashing them? Read:
Lol yeah I think alot of people fail to realize that the server browser is mostly broken in its functionality (besides the problem of servers not showing up). That box in the lower left hand corner that's supposed to show server info is completely borked and contains hardly any real information. According to that box, every server is NOT dedicated, has friendly fire off, doesn't have cheat protection, and isn't ranked. Every server selected will show this same information, meaning that it simply doesn't work -- they are placeholder numbers.
I'm not making that stuff up, or trolling. Go see for yourself -- the lower left corner of the browser is not functional. It really is that simple.

Also, while you're on the router topic, even TWI has admitted the router issue is a main problem that they can replicate in their offices and are trying to fix it. All of the people that I know who still play RO2 only use the external Steam browser. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to recognize that something is clearly wrong.

Upvote 0

Notice?

How the hell do any of us "Notice" what you experience or what you use? We don't live with you, nor do we use your computer or internet connection.

Cripes, and people complain about me and my attitude in here? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm sure all of us can toss out the systems we use and spend our money on something that may or may not work, based on what you say..... all for the sake of a functioning server browser of one game.

Mind you I have no serious concerns with my server browser.... it works well enough for what I need. But you spouting off what we all should or shouldn't do based on your sole-personal experience & acting like we're all idiots who've never turned on a computer before isn't helping anything or anyone.

I have the same setup you described above, yet it doesn't resolve the oddities the server browser produces..... so what's your next brilliant solution?

Reactions: TT33
Upvote 0