• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Dumbest Player Moments

First of all, I am really enjoying the game!

Having never played many online games before, I have really discovered just how easy it is to make a fool of one's self in full view of an international audience. Here are some of my dumbest moments on multi-player:

1) Grenades - I must be the biggest clod with these things. Maybe it's just the performance anxiety, but I always manage to screw up an easy kill situation with a bounced-back throw. The latest came in the basement of Commissar South. With two Soviet comrades in the room with me, I turned what should have been a leisurely toss into the German-held next room into a bungling butchery of my own colleagues. That I escaped was merely the cherry on the crap sundae, as I oh-so-brilliantly stumbled into the German room to a much-deserved death.

2) During a hard battle for the Grain Elevator foothold, my Russian assault trooper decided to acquire a rifle and plink away at the Germans coming through the windows. I bent down to grab a dead comrade's MN, but, being overly caffeinated, could not find the ctrl key to save my life. I mean that literally, because after an eternity of fumbling about, I picked up the rifle only to look up and see a German player, who seemed to have been just standing there watching me the whole time. I did manage to pull the trigger-that's the good news. The bad news I can sum up in one word: click.

3) Finally, my worst RO2 moment yet: getting owned 3 times in 2 minutes by a player called Mark_the_Muffin. I'll just leave it at that...

Hopefully, others will be kind enough to share their own embarrassments and help me to feel better about my own. :)

Reactions: dazman76
One time while playing as a Soviet Squad Leader on Grain Elevator the Germans captured so many objectives at once that suddenly the Soviet reinforcements where cut off. I managed to spawn right before they got cutt off due to the Komandir using the Force Respawn 1 second before the cutt off began.
We all camped all the entrances a and I went to the central stairwell.
I saw a WHOLE platoon of Germans rushing up the stairs since they where completly empty.
Since I was the SL of the Assault Team I ordered them quickly to stand by the door and get ready to spray and pray down with their glorious Papashas's.
I pulled a pin off a grenade and cooked it with enough timing for it to blow up on the faces of the platoon right as they where coming directly in my light of sight.
I left the grenade go. It hit the railing and didn't go down, it stayed on the same level I was. It did what grenades do and I ended killing myself plus 4 of my teammates. I felt truly horrible and apologized imidietly on the public chat. All those I TKd said "it happens don't worry it happens" (thing I actually say to people who whine about acidental TKs) but I still felt horrible.

Picture was taken a few seconds after said massive TK occured.

Spoiler!

Go ahead and comment on my stupidity here http://steamcommunity.com/id/FanecaPT/screenshot/594702591116261695

Last edited:
Reactions: Schnitzel15
Upvote 0
1) Grenades - I must be the biggest clod with these things. Maybe it's just the performance anxiety, but I always manage to screw up an easy kill situation with a bounced-back throw......

Just wanted to touch on this part a bit.

New players always had a problem figuring out how to properly aim a throw in all the previous RO's..... in RO:Ostfront, you could easily aim the grenade quite accurately if you used your pointer finger on your left hand as a reference.... place your pointer finger over the area you want to throw at and it should go straight to that point.....

..... However, this changed a bit in RO2 and I found a lot of my grenades not quite working out as I remember, bouncing back at me, knocking a few teeth out of my mouth and then blowing me up as insult to injury.

I quickly learned that in RO2, if you use your middle finger on your left hand as a guide, your throw will be very accurate. I first noticed this when I tried to aim with my pointer finger and my nads kept bouncing off of walls and back into my lap.... just slightly to the left.

When I tried aiming with my middle finger, my nads were accepted by every hole I aimed them in and glided right through with little effort..... Pun heavily intended. :cool:

As for most embarrassing moments or dumbest?

I used to end up switching weapons quite often when I took aim at an enemy, due to the mouse wheel scroll set to toggle through my equipment and my Mouse 3 Down Button toggled my iron sights..... which usually ended up with me dead, so I took the mouse wheel toggle off and no longer have that issue anymore.

Other dumb moments are when I'm not thinking clearly, forget what team I am one and mow down several of my own guys with an MG crossfire...... whoop'sy'doodle..... but I haven't done that in a while.

I think the last dumb moment I had was about a month ago, playing as a German Assult on Apartments.... I was all the way over by the propaganda house to cover the cap and things were too quiet. I looked over to the other cap zone and there was this guy running around in the rubble-building on the edge of the cap zone and had what looked like the Russian Officer's cap..... so I fired a shot.... connected, still moving.... so I fired two more shots.... one to the lower torso and the third straight into their skull..... let's see who I killed......

Oh.... I just butchered my Commander, whoops..... he shouldn't have been wandering around there anyways lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Anytime I play is the dumbest player moment :p

I was on the top floor of grain elevator last time I played with an ally prone near me on the balcony where I was also firing from. I didn't even notice, but I must have walked in front of him and he promptly yelled at me over the VOIP and stabbed me with bayonet. I felt silly, but was more annoyed that the other player would stab me over such a simple mistake. I think anyone else would have just gotten up and moved. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I had one on Countdown - at first I've chosen the Soviets, but after a short time the game rebalanced me to the Axis.

I ran into the building, found a good place to shoot at the attackers while looking around from time to time to make sure that no one is sneaking on my team. I've seen a lot of Soviets on the upper floor and thought that we (the Soviets) are quite secure. I tried a few shoot at the enemy points in the distance until one of the Allies killed me. I asked him via team chat why he killed his own teammate and then I realized that I was, in fact, Axis soldier inside buliding full of enemy soldiers not knowing that I was there and my gunshot drew attention to me...

My other dumb action was on the Red October Factory as Soviet marksman. I aimed at the enemy soldier in one of these gloomy windows at G, I think. When I fired from my weapon someone's head obscured my vision and a fraction of second later was gone in puff of red cloud. A man has been rising from the prone position right in front of me, just behind the wall of sandbags. I headshoted our commander...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just yesterday was Assault in the NCO Barracks cap, we fight off the enemy until its 3v3 in the building and i am upstairs waiting for them with my last drum. I see my teammate get killed in the room across the hall, and the German reloading, so i aim and fire off a good long burst…

And have it land directly in the chest of my teammate who just came around the corner completely oblivious, next thing i know, wall of Mkb lead. GAH!

My favorite though, is the couple of times i was capping behind the wall on Apartments and hear a German moving and shooting on the other side. So i dutifully get my grenade, pull the pin, and underhand it ALMOST over the wall, wherupon it rolls back and kills me and all of the teammates with me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Some awesome stories in here guys, keep 'em coming :D Particularly impressed by Strelnikov's OP :) lol

Also, the use of "nads" in this thread has been absolutely priceless. I'm wondering if many people outside the UK would chuckle at this reference as much as I have? :) I know Prax commented "pun intended", but I think that was just for the "hole" reference, and he may not have realised how chuckle-worthy the "nads" thing was on it's own :) heh

When I tried aiming with my middle finger, my nads were accepted by every hole I aimed them in

Quote of the week.

my nads kept bouncing off of walls and back into my lap.... just slightly to the left.

I have the same problem :O

Enough to make me chuckle at work on a Wednesday :) lol, cheers guys!

Upvote 0