• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gunslinger Perk - Yes or No?

Gunslinger Perk - Yes or No?

• Total voters
Wow, what's with that rude attitude of yours?
You should work on that.

And nope, my argument doesn't fall apart.
IF the Gunslinger gets in game (and that's a big if) with the stats that Undedd Jester posted earlier, I'll put money on it that it's overpowered.

Someone called for an airstrike?

Right. Now Smiff, you keep shooting down the idea every which way and turn, obviously you are arguing heavily for it not to be added. But that seems to be a losing battle, more then 60% (63.36%) of the population wants this in the game.

Now you (part of the 36.64%) are more or less fearing above all else that it will be overpowered (and a less fact that you just don't like its style). Because the majority wants it, the majority will most likely have it- Know why? Because it means more money for TWI to make. SO! Because theres good chance for it to be implemented (just as the demolition perk and husk specimen) The second best thing for you in this case, is damage controll, I want you to put in stats for the gunslinger (EVEN IF YOU HATE IT) that you would deem balanced. These ideas are not set in stone. Not yet.

Now, don't go off and debate with me if this will be implemented or not (even if im wrong), or continue with the previous arguments, it will go nowhere. What I want you to do is owe up to your arguments of how their stats will be overpowered, and instead put in stats of your own that would prove that they are foolhardy with their numbers of the stats.

Now, if you MUST debate (Or argue) on something, then consider this, What if it WAS overpowered? The damage would be then what? another over-powered sharpshooter? and although the current sharpshooter is unbalanced, the damage that the current sharpshooter has done, is next to none. Because it is avoidable- Don't pick it.

So even if this one turns out overpowered, They would patch it later on and re-balance it, just as they will with the sharpshooter soon. and the damage that will be done, will be non-existant, do you really believe everyone will magically stop playing the game because it has been added? Or will you stop playing if it is added.

Variety is nice, but who said you must like everything on the table of selection?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't beleive I ever said I didn't want it in the game,
I actually think a perk focused on handguns could be pretty good.

I just want what's best for the game.

Balance.

Oh and on a side note, me not picking Gunslinger won't change anything if it is overpowered.

There is still a vast majority of M14 spamming, Crossbow using exploit whores just waiting to get their hands on the next overpowered weaponry
to further diminish the remaining challenge in this game.

If Gunslinger is close to perfect balance (IMO, around the berserker mark) then by all means add it.

Upvote 0
I don't beleive I ever said I didn't want it in the game,
I actually think a perk focused on handguns could be pretty good.

I just want what's best for the game.

Balance.

Oh and on a side note, me not picking Gunslinger won't change anything if it is overpowered.

There is still a vast majority of M14 spamming, Crossbow using exploit whores just waiting to get their hands on the next overpowered weaponry
to further diminish the remaining challenge in this game.

If Gunslinger is close to perfect balance (IMO, around the berserker mark) then by all means add it.

The problem is just like all other perks at this stage, what balance is good?

If anyone may please come forward, Id say that its time to start ironing out exactly what the perfect balance is.

Even if you don't plan on using it, the idea is to avoid any theoretical future balance problems by finding the right balance.

Upvote 0
Wow, what's with that rude attitude of yours?
You should work on that.

And nope, my argument doesn't fall apart.
IF the Gunslinger gets in game (and that's a big if) with the stats that Undedd Jester posted earlier, I'll put money on it that it's overpowered.
Now you're just being delusional.
But sure, keep basing your claims on unsupported opinion and if someone says something against it, just pretend it's not there.
If that's all the argumentation you got...

Also excuuuse me, princess for becoming more direct to someone who actively ignores the parts of what I say that they can not argue against.
I have no other explanation for your behaviour and if anything, that's pretty rude.

At least I have enough respect for you to read your full post.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Underpowered damage believe it or not makes a perk fun, i.e. Firebug, Berserker or Medic.

Just a funny little note: According to this "bug report" thread:

[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=45814[/URL]

and also from personal experience, melee damage is wrong. Your damage is supposed to be double when attacking a spec's back, and normal in the front.
Buuuut, you deal NORMAL damage in the back (at least from my own experience, takes forever to kill Scrakes like that) and DOUBLE damage from the front (hence why you can one-hit-head"shot"-kill all specimen except the Scrake and Fleshpound.

So, if the damage calculation was corrected for the Berserker, the Berserker would be just half as strong damagewise :eek:

Upvote 0
I recorded a "Gunslinger" Video of sorts, It's obviously not with the Gunslinger perk. But a modified Medic Perk from WTFMut (Special shout out to Bees and Peas) the Stats for handgun related boosts are.

+75% extra mag size with All Pistols
+18% increased damage with all pistols
+25% max ammo capacity with All Pistols
+70% discount on All Pistols

(These stats are from a level 6 Medic)

I believe there were 8-13 players on the server at that moment. I'll post the video when it's done converting.
If it jumps about, Please ignore that, i ended up recording 2 bits and putting them together.
YouTube - Kfgunslinger

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I recorded a "Gunslinger" Video of sorts, It's obviously not with the Gunslinger perk. But a modified Medic Perk from WTFMut (Special shout out to Bees and Peas) the Stats for handgun related boosts are.

+75% extra mag size with All Pistols
+18% increased damage with all pistols
+25% max ammo capacity with All Pistols
+70% discount on All Pistols

(These stats are from a level 6 Medic)

I believe there were 8-13 players on the server at that moment. I'll post the video when it's done converting.
If it jumps about, Please ignore that, i ended up recording 2 bits and putting them together.
YouTube - Kfgunslinger
yeah, the machine pistols for medic in WTFmod are pretty intense. Wish they were in the official game...=/

A recoil Reduction for handcannons would be great though.

Upvote 0
Gunslinger Perk - The Name

Gunslinger Perk - The Name

I reckon the original thread is now way too large for someone who hasn't checked it recently/at all to read and understand. Not every info is in the OP, and even I don't have enough patience to read 50+ pages worth of post to dig out every forumite's opinion regarding it.

It is, as far as I know, the most replied thread in these forums; it is also one of the most developed ideas suggested on these forums.

63% of the active users here have voted "Yes". While there were people who voted "Yes" without a "valid" reason, there were also those who voted "No" without a valid reason, thus eliminating each other.

But I have seen at least two different names for the perk itself: Pistoleer (as called by Reise) and Dualist (as Undedd Jester calls it). Both have their merits and justifications, though they're lost inside the thread.

This pool is but the first in a series of pools that will follow to better shape the perk to what the majority of the community wants.

And we have to start by the thing that first stands out in a perk - its name.

I'll give one or two weeks, after which I'll post the following threads. Whichever name "wins" will be declared the official perk name. So, if for example the name Dualist comes out on top, the following threads will have for title "Dualist perk - ...".

@Gunslinger Haters:
I'll ask you not copy this thread in an attempt to diminish it, please. It won't do you any good, will cluster the forums and will make you look like asses. You have a problem with the perk, it's fine. You may even reply stating why you dislike it and think it shouldn't be implemented, though we've been through this several times in the original thread. Some of you bring valid points, but others not so much.

Upvote 0
yeah, the machine pistols for medic in WTFmod are pretty intense. Wish they were in the official game...=/

A recoil Reduction for handcannons would be great though.

The machine pistols are pretty good eh.

Another thing for the Gunslinger, the Mac-11.

The Mac-11 would be pretty good for Gunslinger if it could be dual-wielded.

Upvote 0