• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

developers please confirm or deny a console version.

ForgottenHero

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 31, 2006
yes i know most folks here are insecure about the whole console version of heroes, and i don't blame you seeing as what happened to shooters on the pc in the last few years.

i can't and don't want to play games on the pc anymore. biggest reason is carpal tunnel. i can keep it under control by limiting web surfing but no way am i going to play games on the pc and get that pain back.

and i don't think tripwire will consolize the pc version. im sure they will take the pc version and change some things to make THE CONSOLE VERSION.

there are no realistic or ww2 games coming to consoles. heros on consoles is a safe bet. the next ghost recon is aiming at the halo crowd and after dragon rising i have 0 faith in codemasters.

what i really want to know is which console(s). i have a 20 gig 360 and its time to pay up for live. i would rather not pay for live and go ahead and buy a ps3 with a much larger hdd and free online gaming if heroes is only gonna be on ps3 and not 360. i say this cause i remember blackfoot saying something about trouble they where having with micro and their game ground branch but ps3 was in for sure.

I am pretty sure we would make the console version on PCs. :p

Curse your logic! But what I wanted to say was that if we make any console titles, any PC version of said game we make won't be "consolidized" or whatever the term of the week is.

Upvote 0
Curse your logic! But what I wanted to say was that if we make any console titles, any PC version of said game we make won't be "consolidized" or whatever the term of the week is.

I personally can't understand why people would want to play FPS's on Console, but my Brother loves it. So i guess taste do differ.

And even though its more work creating a PC Game first and porting it to a Console (Xbox being the more logical target because of less differences from PC to it, PS3 ain't that easy to convert to from a PC Version).

I guess IF Tripwire tries their Hand at an Console Version it might either be rejected or loved by the Console Community. Its simply something the Consoles don't have.

Upvote 0
i can't and don't want to play games on the pc anymore. biggest reason is carpal tunnel. i can keep it under control by limiting web surfing but no way am i going to play games on the pc and get that pain back.
Is this a joke? If not, did you ever hear of getting an Xbox 360 controller for pc, yeah you can buy them, and a ps3 controller can be made work with a pc with ease, honesty, console resolutions is crap, I dunno how a game like Ro can translate to a console, your going to need crosshairs and auto aim, its hard enough on pc to aim, never mind consoles, consoles are that bad, they are taking out lean and prone in games, now come on! Tripwire enlighten me on how porting Ro to consoles will/would work, big crosshairs? auto aim? dual wielding Kar 98ks?:confused: As long as PC version gets the best edition with no console crap, that's fine.

Upvote 0
Is this a joke? If not, did you ever hear of getting an Xbox 360 controller for pc, yeah you can buy them, and a ps3 controller can be made work with a pc with ease, honesty, console resolutions is crap, I dunno how a game like Ro can translate to a console, your going to need crosshairs and auto aim, its hard enough on pc to aim, never mind consoles, consoles are that bad, they are taking out lean and prone in games, now come on! Tripwire enlighten me on how porting Ro to consoles will/would work, big crosshairs? auto aim? dual wielding Kar 98ks?:confused: As long as PC version gets the best edition with no console crap, that's fine.
Dual wielding Kar 98ks, love to see the load animation for that:p

On a serious note, a friend of mine had the same problem. Now he has a system where he has connected his pc to his tv and a xbox360 controller to his pc. According to him it works perfectly.

Upvote 0
I have carpal tunnel in my right hand, I have problems with most FPS, Killing Floor for example, I have to bind the fire keys in the keyboard. But I don't have that problem in RO, it requires a very low amount of clicks.

With that, some stretching, a good sitting and wrist resting positions, and not too long gaming sessions, I can keep it controlled. :IS2:

Last year when it started, I was really scared, I thought I would never be able to play most games again, and would miss RO2

Last edited:
Reactions: MEGADETHTHRETH
Upvote 0
I HATE playing a FPS on a console, the way the cursor moves, it looks like a mouse cursor in rigor mortis... If there is gonna be a red orchestra for the console one day, i will not be interested in it, it will attract cod type of players and it will never be as strategic as in the PC version, and allot of functions will not be included seeing a controller has a limited amount of usage for it, you can cram every thing you want in it, but it will be a clutter of buttons...

Upvote 0
Isn't there a new FPS game released on consoles every week? Do they really need another one?

They don't, and every FPS that is released is a fast arcade type of game, i don't think the COD fanboys are waiting on this kind of gametype... Mostly because this game has a learning curve when you start, something some players can't get used to and they rage quit because they get killed constantly... :D

Seen it happen when i introduced the game to my nephew who is a big COD player.

Upvote 0
In my opinion, Screw the consoles. The faster that entire sect of society, industry, popular culture, everything connected to it dies out, the better. Video game companies are already developing more games for consoles, less for PC market... and even then, so few are solely for PC.

It's a wonderful racket they run in the console world. Then again, most video game companies know how to really screw the consumer.

Of course, Tripwire is the only company I think really TRULY cares... and is not just a heartless, band of money fiends.

Upvote 0
In my opinion, Screw the consoles. The faster that entire sect of society, industry, popular culture, everything connected to it dies out, the better. Video game companies are already developing more games for consoles, less for PC market... and even then, so few are solely for PC.

It's a wonderful racket they run in the console world. Then again, most video game companies know how to really screw the consumer.

Of course, Tripwire is the only company I think really TRULY cares... and is not just a heartless, band of money fiends.

a company has to stay alive. it needs profit. on the other hand, you have the aspect of artisty, pride in one's work, and innovation...things that come from having deeper personal investments in a product. i'm guessing from the amount of game franchises that have "crossed over" to console, trying to maintain this balance must be extremely hard.

Upvote 0
I used to be a little console kiddie, thinking I was pretty cool with my xbox live account. Went to a friends who had a good gaming pc and had my first 'real' game of call of duty, 32v32, I never looked back. Since then I play ONLY pc.
Even if most the devs have sold out it's still infinitely better then xbox or playstation.

Here.
Modern Warfare 1 - 32 v 32 hardcore server
Modern Warfare 2 - 6 v 6 hardcore server.......... WHAT THE ****!!!!

Upvote 0