Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 Forums > Red Orchestra Modifications > Level Design > Final Map Releases

Final Map Releases Post your finished maps here!

Old 06-07-2009, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
By the way, my all-time favorite map which I have made and it is, in my opinion, the single best teamwork required map out there for RO.

Thanks for playing and posting!
I couldn't agree more, this is a true challenge to pull off a victory from the axis side but sooo rewarding when the tankers/inf can work w/ some team effort.

& yes slyk, what Floyd said!

Last edited by 2fisted; 06-07-2009 at 04:17 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:13 AM

So many questions:

- Yes. If I have any say about it, this map would be redone, much better, for Heroes. I do not know if TWI will do an official map; I suspect the odds are good they would as this was a huge and pivitol location. Time will tell.
- Yes. If I do this map, I would expand it into a series where one or two other maps go through the complex to the Volga. I actually had the next two maps spec'd out to do just that in RO and I had portions of the next one started; including a new and franctic version of spawn chaos that could have been interesting.
- Yes. Still around from time to time. I have some five or six maps that are in basic layout form, just lost the drive or got distracted with other things as the game aged and such. I started mapping back in the "Medal of Honor: Allied Assault" days and did a lot of maps, six or seven I think including the ports to "Spearhead". Then five or six "Call of Duty" and "UO" maps until they killed the series with COD2..aka "Crap On Disk". That's when I left that community and came over here to RO.
- No. No plans to leave the series. Very interested in what the TWI team comes up with and looking forward to it. Currently toying with a "Killing Floor" level to keep active and saving my old RO maps for "Heroes".

And... Yes. I would settle for $1.00 for every download of my maps. I would have retired a few years ago. Seriously. I used to troll the net looking for download links etc of maps and counting the hits and polling our servers for downloads. I had a couple maps do well over 100,000 downloads each. I guess I got started in 2001/02?? Been a while. Have to credit the After-Hourz community with really feeding the beast through the years.

Last edited by Slyk; 06-07-2009 at 09:17 AM.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:43 PM

hey map beeotch, finish that Gun Assault already for DH!
Old 11-17-2011, 10:00 AM

the link is 404
Old 11-17-2011, 12:31 PM
On Vacation

Here you go:

http://www.red.orchestra.pl/archiwum...=maps&mgame=RO