• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire talks Stalingrad to Voodoo Extreme

This the best game news of the year, really, I can't wait. When the preorder starts?From the information, this is a real sequel, not a stupid upgrade more of the same. Oh my god, the screen are really fantastic, but maybe too light and I think that model character could be look better. Very interesting the graphic update, but improve the caracter guys!Countdown e campaign multiplayer are "headbagging" XD
And nothing about the single player, maybe we'll have surprise, who knows, I hope.

PS: sorry for my english, I am italian.

PPS: Preorder, preorder,preorder!!!Is it just Pc, no 360?Good news, one version, best version.

Upvote 0
It's great to see news. It looks like it's progressing in a very pragmatic way--no big promises on graphics or new features, just a solid set of practical new changes that will try to straddle the popularity/realism line.

I am a big fan of the huge, super-realistic infantry maps, which have never been what Tripwire has produced themselves. I wonder if the new Countdown mode will replace those--that instead of making a single big map about, say, the Stalingrad oilfields, mapmakers will make 10 tiny maps that are interconnected by the Countdown logic.

It'll be neat to see this come out.

Upvote 0
I love the look of those holes in the building walls, the sky is also very pretty, and the new modes sound EPIC.

not sure about these tbh. i dont have any experience in hitting buildings with light artillery and AT-guns (or what ever they shot at the silo), but i wonder if every hit really would pierce a perfect hole into a wall? they just look a little strange to me.
if this is how it really looks/looked, i'm perfectly fine with it, though ;)
other than that i'm with the rest of you. i cant wait (to finally buy a new PC just for that :mad: )
i wonder how that peripheral vision-thingy will work... hope it doesnt help you detect hidden enemies, but rather makes you aware of moving things that are slightly out of sight.

Upvote 0
They went there, and saw it first hand, I trust Tripwire to reproduce what they saw in the most realistic way.

Googled pic:

506670840_68915fa3ef.jpg

Upvote 0
WOW. Thanks a TON for this great article! I am PUMPED for the new game-modes, countdown and multi-player campaign.

I trust that it will still likely be released this year, by the quote at the bottom. I was thinking late summer at the earliest, but maybe that becomes mid-late fall? Whatever the case, this game is going to be well worth the wait...and until then I STILL have the best game ever to keep me busy! ;) (And Killing Floor too.)

Upvote 0
Woah, now THIS is what I wasn't expecting. When I think of Stalingrad I think snow, mud, dread, and carnage. This is happy happy joy joy on a warm summer day... until the bullet start flying that is. :D It looks great, good job. Love the artillery impacts on the buildings and the rubble on the ground. I hope there will also be gritty maps though.

And it looks like you've taken inspiration from my multiplayer campaign idea? Awesome.

Thanks, TWI.

Upvote 0