• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What type of maps would you like to see

What type of maps would you like to see

• Infantry only

Votes: 160 41.9%
  • Vehicle only

Votes: 66 17.3%
  • Combined Arms

Votes: 299 78.3%

• Total voters
is not that simple, there are many factors playing there, following the same simple logic i could get to the opposite conclusion:

More options = more divided community = less people playing together = RO:HoS dead in 2 months =P

The thing i tried to say some communties are already divided, and big enough to have fun on their own.

Like alot of gamers like to play with 1 life per round ro doesnt give that,
and alot of those players dropped ro. (Think CS & COD players the S&D community seems to be one of the largest).

Tankers dont like infantry maps infantry dudes dont like tank maps, yet both infantry and tankers can support their own servers. There is a limit in the differentiation thats good i admit.

But if there are different segments with enough people supporting those segments. Differentiation can help the love for a bigger community. Cutting up the community in segments can be bad, but if the community is already segmentated, focussing to those different segments is a good thing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The thing i tried to say some communties are already divided, and big enough to have fun on their own.

Like alot of gamers like to play with 1 life per round ro doesnt give that,
and alot of those players dropped ro. (Think CS & COD players the S&D community seems to be one of the largest).

Tankers dont like infantry maps infantry dudes dont like tank maps, yet both infantry and tankers can support their own servers. There is a limit in the differentiation thats good i admit.

But if there are different segments with enough people supporting those segments. Differentiation can help the love for a bigger community. Cutting up the community in segments can be bad, but if the community is already segmentated, focussing to those different segments is a good thing.

I agree, but the poster I was replying to, was talking about many options and many game modes, and I think that segment the community so much would be bad, if there are different game modes, I think 3 modes would be the acceptable limit

and yes, RO:HoS is dead already, don't know why we bother =P

Upvote 0
I personally like combined arms maps. For me it provides a more realistic immersion for me. I like realism, however understand that it's a game and there is only so much realism you can have before its no fun. I think if people provide maps for all kinds of scenarios then the servers can choose which ones they want and it keeps everyone happy. People have fought over the different types of gameplay that are possible in RO for years now. However I don't think anyone ever looked at the fact that this proves how good of game it actually is. You can have all types in the game and still have a great time. If the server was able to set their own limits in ROHOS then that would be great as well.

Upvote 0
I am not a man who loves to drive over huge tank maps, but still, there are clans which just have their aim on this.
believe me, dont make the mistake and forget about tanks. the new RO needs as the old one, combined, inf and tanks only maps. thats it.

and PLEASE, although its not the right thread: DONT DESTROY MY RO
i want a 1. authentic (as high as possible - not a propaganda game)
2. realstic (see above and especially !NO! MOH or COD crap ****)
3. ageless
game. i dont give a damn bout graphics, i want a gameplay which kicks my nuts :D nothing more or less

Upvote 0
i know a fair amount of people who love tanking in ro and prefer tanking to everything else.

Also most people who go to the forums are older players who prefer infantry while that is not representative of the actual community.

What i think is also important is making maps suitable for clan play, basically the traditional ro map style and not the darkest hour map style. Darkest hour maps are best for public play.

Upvote 0
I like both infantry only and combined arms map. I think tank only maps are boring and break game cycles on public play. In competitive game it's even worse, as the russians tanks are far superior to the germans most of the tank maps end up in a draw... (russians nearly always win)
So my vote goes for infantry only cause that's what I prefer, combined maps are really nice and immersive but tank only maps ruins the game imo.

Upvote 0
On every map with combined arms it really forced the team to work better, it also smoothed out spots which could have been used which were very hard to clear out, as with a tank that became a bit easier.

I think back to RO, and while some maps like stalingrad were very very very fun, i think the maps i liked best were ones like berezinia. (long map, 3 lines of defence, i think it was called berezinia). While combined arms maps are ususaly bigger and harder to make, I think they make the combat oh so much more challenging and fun.

(Although I still dont mind some close quarters grindfesting)

Edit:

I should add that Long range tank maps like Orel, haha i spent atleast 500 - 1000 hours on orel, my best run ever being with a SU 76, taking out some stugs, panzer 4's and one tiger tank, i think the total came to about 6 tanks.
So yes please, long range tank maps as well, me likes them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I bought RO because a review said it was the best tank action in a game to date. That has not changed. Other games may have fancier graphics but RO has the tank playability.

As such, ROHOS has to have Tank action in it. My favorite map for RO is Blackday July, followed by Kreigstadt, Berezina and Leningrad. All of them epic Combined Arms maps.

WW2 with no tank action, just wouldnt be WW2 in my opinion.

Upvote 0
I voted for CA and Tanks only, since for me the best of RO lays in tanks pack hunt. In fact, the reason I got RO was a review said the tanks were the best ones they had seen. Would be a deadly blow if tanks would not be implemented.

The problem with tanks only map is the inability to have a decent maps to use in clan action (BDJ is the only one atm... and it's quite unbalanced) and this cuts many clan from enjoying such thrill.

On the other side, I have the feeling that tanks are really popular with an average player older compared to a player who loves infantry action only.

Another thing... please create some incremental access to tanks. I mean, force a player to access higher class tanks only after few hours of gameplay with basic tanks.

Upvote 0