• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grenades, take III

Zetsumei

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Amsterdam, Netherlands
If were talking about grenades anyway.

Could we have slightly random fuses in grenades so priming them is not pinpoint accurate. A lot of nades from that time period seemed to vary possibly a few seconds in the fuse, this would stop perfectly timed mid air nade bursts.

Like instead of exploding in exactly 5 seconds, exploding in say 4 to 6 seconds.

its not about the mean/average fuse time its rather more about the variance in fuse time around that mean.

So its not about there being grenades with long and short fuses (which would be another suggestion, like the eggs i believe had differently colored caps indicating fuse time).

But more about that the fuses afaik were often not exactly the amount of time they should be, 4s fuse time in scientific notation would still include a fuse time was mostly between 3.5 to 4.49 seconds. And that would already be enough of a variance to disrupt precisely timed midair grenade explosions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
its not about the mean/average fuse time its rather more about the variance in fuse time around that mean.

So its not about there being grenades with long and short fuses (which would be another suggestion, like the eggs i believe had differently colored caps indicating fuse time).

But more about that the fuses afaik were often not exactly the amount of time they should be, 4s fuse time in scientific notation would still include a fuse time was mostly between 3.5 to 4.49 seconds. And that would already be enough of a variance to disrupt pricely timed grenade explosions.

i know what you mean buddy, and im fully supporting your idea

my comment was mostly mendt for the ppl who think that grenades normally have a 5 second fuse

Upvote 0