• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The amount of Suicidal servers running Doom2Final

Riut

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
I've noticed while checking the server list that on average there really aren't that many Suicidal servers running at any one time, in comparison to the amount of normal/beginner/hard servers that are running. Suicidal seems to be the least played difficulty and the servers that run Suicidal are few and far between. But this thread isn't about the lack of suicidal servers, it's about the sheer ratio number of them just running Doom2Final.

You see I'm one of those people who doesn't find much of a challenge in normal and hard mode, I just dick about because it's really very easy to survive, I turn to suicidal mode when I look for a challenge. It's a shame that when I actually come to play suicidal mode that I see so many of the suicidal servers just playing Doom2Final, I've played that map quite a bit now and I can safely say, it's just a perk levelling map with the added risk being that you MIGHT die at the later waves.

Looking at the server list just minutes ago I found 4 suicidal servers that were actually running proper non-perk levelling maps, the others were all Doom2Final. It's sad really that the most challenging difficulty is being used mainly just for people to level their perks and not for the added challenge of it all. I have to ask, why is Doom2Final even whitelisted?

Anyone agree that maps like Doom2Final are a curse to Suicidal mode?

I've noticed while checking the server list that on average there really aren't that many Suicidal servers running at any one time, in comparison to the amount of normal/beginner/hard servers that are running. Suicidal seems to be the least played difficulty and the servers that run Suicidal are few and far between. But this thread isn't about the lack of suicidal servers, it's about the sheer ratio number of them just running Doom2Final.

You see I'm one of those people who doesn't find much of a challenge in normal and hard mode, I just dick about because it's really very easy to survive, I turn to suicidal mode when I look for a challenge. It's a shame that when I actually come to play suicidal mode that I see so many of the suicidal servers just playing Doom2Final, I've played that map quite a bit now and I can safely say, it's just a perk levelling map with the added risk being that you MIGHT die at the later waves.

Looking at the server list just minutes ago I found 4 suicidal servers that were actually running proper non-perk levelling maps, the others were all Doom2Final. It's sad really that the most challenging difficulty is being used mainly just for people to level their perks and not for the added challenge of it all. I have to ask, why is Doom2Final even whitelisted?

Anyone agree that maps like Doom2Final are a curse to Suicidal mode?

Definitly agree there is no chance of dieing unless a FP comes in then maybe a small chance. But with the m14 now there is abo****ely no chance of dying what so ever

Upvote 0
After the update it became alot easier with the new guns...

Before the update that map was a challenge and to survive in suicidal one needed a good team...

It's a straight forward map and folks like to camp around the hallway, but before the new guns it definitely got interested after wave five...

I still luv to play it, but the demo really kills this map... Sadly...

Upvote 0
After the update it became alot easier with the new guns...

Before the update that map was a challenge and to survive in suicidal one needed a good team...

It's a straight forward map and folks like to camp around the hallway, but before the new guns it definitely got interested after wave five...

I still luv to play it, but the demo really kills this map... Sadly...

Yeah I believe I played a game with you yesterday, I was the guy who only played medic and pretty much didn't shoot a bullet the entire game.

Upvote 0
Yeah, this map is way to easy.
I was playing it on Hard with 1 other person the other day, he was a firebug lvl 5, I was demo level 2.
We just welded, put pipes down, when it opened, he shot away and ifired my nades, pretty much wiped em out in seconds.
And with the LAW spawning ALL the time, there was NO shortage of money.
Patty came, pipes, instantkill.

Upvote 0