• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rifle Semi Automatic Does Less Damage Bug or Not?

Rifle Semi Automatic Does Less Damage Bug or Not?

• Total voters

ZeRo_InSaNiTy

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Hello,

I hope a Tripwire Dev has time to respond to this. I was wondering if the fact that the AK47, Bullpup, and soon to be released SCAR do less damage per bullet in Semi Auto was a gameplay decision or a bug. People have been wondering for a while now and I was hoping A Tripwire Dev could give an Official explaination of why this is in the game.

It certainly seems odd that identical bullets fired from the same gun would deal different amounts of damage.

Out of curiosity, how significant is the damage difference?

After a very careful calculation, the damage deals by one bullet on semi-auto is equal to 99.97% the damage of the bullet in full auto mode.

Anyway, I vote for "no", because obviously, no, it should not.

Upvote 0
I for one support this thread and want this to be fixed/resolved. as theoreticly each bullet should do the same amount of damage (or at least this is a principal FPS have relied on for aeons), of course realisticly this is not the case as if i were to shoot 10 rounds into someones chest in full auto and semi auto the full auto would cause greater tissue damage more bleeding and greater shock to the body. so this may be TWI's red orchestra roots showing up, or just a problem with the game. if it is the later i would very much like it to be fixed as i always play commando in semi auto as it makes your rounds last longer, increases accuracy, and gives greater control over the weapon.

Upvote 0