• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Autokick low level players?

+1 to this. I'm tired of 0*-3* noobs joining the game during suicidal difficulty and ruining the game. Yes I know we can make passworded servers, or just play with friends. But friends aren't always available, and if we don't play public games how can we expand our friends list? Perhaps some sort of filter can be implemented. Hopefully something will be done, because suicidal isn't a place for 0-3* players.

Upvote 0
<sarcasm> While we are at it I want a filter that filters people that play firebug, because firebugs are useless. Also I want a filter that filters people who are bad at the game because they are bad. </sarcasm>

I understand that low level players have lower DPS abilities which are important in suicidal but people playing poorly can be just as much a hindrance and perk level isn't necessarily any measure of usefulness. Deal with having people join your server individually (since you are on anyway). Besides how would the filter handle someone who has level 1 commando but level 4 support? Would they get kicked if they switched to a low level?

Upvote 0
Players should never be segregated based on their perk level. In fact, the game should never require perk leveling at any point in order to play. This is a first person shooter, not an MMO.

If you own the server and wish to run it like a tyrant, then you're free to do so, manually. However, there should never be an officially implemented system that inhibits the player's choice simply because of their perk level.

Upvote 0
First of all, I did not mean to be snobby. I just thought it was common sense to level up in easier difficulty while learning about enemies, weapons, tactics, etc.

Slappy Cromwell said:
Players should never be segregated based on their perk level. In fact, the game should never require perk leveling at any point in order to play. This is a first person shooter, not an MMO.

To be specific, it's fps with rpg elements. It requires more than good aim and coordination. The perk bonuses aren't there just for show.

If you own the server and wish to run it like a tyrant, then you're free to do so, manually. However, there should never be an officially implemented system that inhibits the player's choice simply because of their perk level.
I want a server option, not a requirement, that automatically filters out low level players. There are some servers that clearly say "perk lvl4+ only" yet low level players keep joining because the admin is absent and unable to kick them out.

[UIT said:
Akame]I understand that low level players have lower DPS abilities which are important in suicidal but people playing poorly can be just as much a hindrance and perk level isn't necessarily any measure of usefulness.

You're right about lvl 5 players with lousy skills. Still, they usually know what they're supposed to do better than low level players due to more experience. And the high level perk bonuses aren't just important in suicidal. They are essential.

Besides how would the filter handle someone who has level 1 commando but level 4 support? Would they get kicked if they switched to a low level?
In that case, instead of kicking out, the low level perks should be disabled.

Upvote 0

Completely agree. The LAST thing a game with perk levels needs is the developers to encourage elitism by adding such options as "Kick players under X level". That's something for the admins and the players of the server to deal with. I'm sure you could write a script or something for it.

Besides, how do you know that the player joining as a Level 1 Demoman (What he was in his last game) isn't planning to switch to a Level 5 Sharpshooter at the end of the wave?

Upvote 0
Completely agree. The LAST thing a game with perk levels needs is the developers to encourage elitism by adding such options as "Kick players under X level". That's something for the admins and the players of the server to deal with. I'm sure you could write a script or something for it.

It's the difficulty that's encouraging elitism. Why can't these newcomers have fun in other difficulties? Hard difficulty already gives them enough challenge. Playing with low level players in suicidal and getting your team owned in 10 minutes is frustrating to both high and low level players.

Besides, how do you know that the player joining as a Level 1 Demoman (What he was in his last game) isn't planning to switch to a Level 5 Sharpshooter at the end of the wave?

Like I said, the player will be forced to switch to high level perks.

Upvote 0
Everyone knows that having a higher level means you're a better player. :)

[UIT said:
Akame]I understand that low level players have lower DPS abilities which are important in suicidal but people playing poorly can be just as much a hindrance and perk level isn't necessarily any measure of usefulness.

me said:
You're right about lvl 5 players with lousy skills. Still, they usually know what they're supposed to do better than low level players due to more experience. And the high level perk bonuses aren't just important in suicidal. They are essential.

5char

Upvote 0
LOL, ive played with lvl 5 guys that are effin clueless sometimes. They just dont have a life and can play all day. Really, if u dont want low lvl players to play, then make it one of those that has instant lvl 5 perks. U might not lvl up anymore, but if your gonna require lvl x and above, then it really wont matter will it? Just deal with the fact that new players will join your game, and if u got a problem with it, kick them. but kicking someone just because they dont play as much as you is kinda stupid IMO. Yes i might not be able to do as much damage, but really, can u decap a FP with a 9mm pistol in hard without taking damage? I can, so does that qualify me to play in your server if im only lvl 3?

Upvote 0
Anyone who is a level 0 and trying to play suicidal is going to get raped but even a level 2 SS could be effective if played well. Just police your own server.

QFT for you. :D

Upvote 0
Anyone who is a level 0 and trying to play suicidal is going to get raped but even a level 2 SS could be effective if played well. Just police your own server.

macom_birdman said:
LOL, ive played with lvl 5 guys that are effin clueless sometimes.

I already said

me said:
You're right about lvl 5 players with lousy skills. Still, they usually know what they're supposed to do better than low level players due to more experience.

kicking someone just because they dont play as much as you is kinda stupid IMO. Yes i might not be able to do as much damage, but really, can u decap a FP with a 9mm pistol in hard without taking damage? I can, so does that qualify me to play in your server if im only lvl 3?
If you know the drill, sure. The problem is I can't tell if you do.(unless you let the team know beforehand) Again, assuming a player's skills from their perk level is not the best idea. But I don't want to risk watching how well a low level player does in near end waves when one mistake can wipe out the team in no time. What's more,

me said:
the high level perk bonuses aren't just important in suicidal. They are essential.

I don't want all suicidal servers to block low level players. I just want a server option.

me said:
There are some servers that clearly say "perk lvl4+ only" yet low level players keep joining because the admin is absent and unable to kick them out.

Sorry for excessive quoting. :p

edit:

mamoo said:
You people are what bring the KF community down, we should embrace and instruct new players, not shun them.

I never meant to be mean to the new players. But do I have to instruct them in suicidal? Why can't they learn in easier difficulty?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
t

t

Having a low level perk doesn't necessarily mean you're a crap player but in suicidal that doesn't matter because you need level 4/5/6 perks and you need good players if you intend to beat a map legitimately. If you honestly think level 0-3 (barring medic in some cases as level 3 can still heal well enough) players belong in suicidal you're an idiot.

That's not elitism speaking that's called common sense which a lot of you forum goers who like to spiel constantly seem to lack.

Reactions: Raziel
Upvote 0