• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"Level Up" Free Content Pack for Killing Floor and Free Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
1zw2nwp.jpg

Here you are my good sir.

Upvote 0
Oh cool, this is this week, i thought it was next week..woo... Been caught up with work to realise, any non UK people based in property/planning to help me get this essay out of the way so i have some spare time to actually play this. :p

Also look at all the shiny new users in the KF section, I havn't been here for far too long now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Except tripwire arent stupid. Everyone knows that nobody on earth can fire an automatic shotgun the way its fired in games like counter strike source. The recoil is just too high. Therefore it would be a semi automatic most likely or a spas 12 with firemode switching and the automatic has the recoil of a ww2 mg42 being shot by an infant. M4A1 carbine sounds like a great idea though but the thing is commando and berserker just got new weapons so I hope that the other perks get some nice ones as well. I would love an AWM sniper rifle with a 4X scope for sharpshooter and maybe a new sidearm like a glock 19 automatic pistol as the "KFCHAR" folder contains some code for an automatic pistol but it doesn't function right.

AA12 (automatic shotgun), which you can see on page 9 with the embedded Youtube vid, has virtually no recoil.

It does not direct the recoil back into the shoulder, the recoil is internally dissipated. It can be fired at full auto with 300 RPM with full controllability, as the guy from Future Weapons demonstrated quite a few times :)

Upvote 0
AA12 (automatic shotgun), which you can see on page 9 with the embedded Youtube vid, has virtually no recoil.

It does not direct the recoil back into the shoulder, the recoil is internally dissipated. It can be fired at full auto with 300 RPM with full controllability, as the guy from Future Weapons demonstrated quite a few times :)

AA12 is fine but id rather see a Saiga 12.

YouTube - Saiga-12 Highlights

Upvote 0
AA12 is fine but id rather see a Saiga 12.

(A video of some guy pretending to be a commando)

Aww... Cute how he pretends he is the Great White Urban Warrior. Nice to see people with nice and hobbies. :p

Looks like a nice rifle, I have to admit. I don't think this would be in KF though, as it is too easy to mistake for an AK when it is on the ground.

Let's just hope the new toys will be something that will help tho balance the classes a bit more.

Upvote 0
Sounds really cool and all .... but.... I wanna play new content now !!! ><

I kinda hopeing they will replace the AK with a light machine gun, to restore that British feel to the game. I kinda doubt they go to that lengths but I can only hope. Would be nice if they added a submachine gun say like the MP5 or P90 for Commando and Medic perks also.

Very nice they adding another perk to the game (*raises middle finger to all those who dissed the option of another perk or 2*)

As for the law, Isnt it already a support weapon ? Dont really understand why some people are saying it belongs to this new perk ? The new perk Demolition, would probably make use of a grenade launcher like everyone is predicting. I think the Law should stay with support. Theres a reason why support has extra carry weight, not only to carry around a hunting shotgun.

Anyway, I cant really say anymore regarding the weapons until we find out what they are. But wouldnt it be wicked if you could stick a C4 charge to a fleshy and then detinate it with a short timer or remote ? :p

Oh and Ima already a mr perky from ages ago. So means I'd have something to aim for again. Tho my 2 favs beserker and Commando would already be level 6 when the time to update comes, no doubt about that ekeke :p

Cant wait!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As for the law, Isnt it already a support weapon ? Dont really understand why some people are saying it belongs to this new perk ? The new perk Demolition, would probably make use of a grenade launcher like everyone is predicting. I think the Law should stay with support. Theres a reason why support has extra carry weight, not only to carry around a hunting shotgun.

I don't understand why you think so. Demolition perk is supposed to be an expert in anything that explodes, which includes the LAW. Currently it's seriously underpowered, so the demo perk must have dmg+ bonus for the LAW to balance the weapons.

Upvote 0
As far as the weapons go, I have preferences to keeping mostly british weapons. If there's a revolver, it better damned well be a webley. New rifle if there is one should be one of the following:Lee Enfield Mk4, Arctic Warfare Super Magnum, or the inestimably bad*$$ Henry Martini.
If there is a new machine gun I wanna see a Bren.
They really don't need a new shotgun, but if they're gonna add one it should be semi auto, as that would change the function making it different from the pump and hunting shottys. Should have limited capacity, but high supply.

I have to say that I love the katana, but it IS in England. With the amount of museums and such it would make far more sense to be a medieval weapon, claymore, broadsword, whatever, just make it british. I blame the anime fanboys.

I would not mind seeing a longbow, but I have a sense that the mechanics would either render it useless or overpower it.

If there's a perk that needs help its the medic or the firebug. The firebug has to survive long enough to get his torch, and more importantly needs help keeping things back as he's really only effective at medium-long range without burning himself.

Upvote 0
Aww... Cute how he pretends he is the Great White Urban Warrior. Nice to see people with nice and hobbies. :p

Looks like a nice rifle, I have to admit. I don't think this would be in KF though, as it is too easy to mistake for an AK when it is on the ground.

Let's just hope the new toys will be something that will help tho balance the classes a bit more.

ehrm..this is a shotgun, not a rifle...it shoot 12gauge o0

and i dont know but this does not look like an AK at all...you've got to be playing on a 12" Screen to mistake :/

anyhozzle, i dont think and i dont hope that a saiga12 or even the mighty AA12 will find its way into KF...

my suggestions for the "new skinpack" would be a female character...a prostitute or something realistic like a metermaid ^^

Upvote 0
As far as the weapons go, I have preferences to keeping mostly british weapons. If there's a revolver, it better damned well be a webley. New rifle if there is one should be one of the following:Lee Enfield Mk4, Arctic Warfare Super Magnum, or the inestimably bad*$$ Henry Martini.
If there is a new machine gun I wanna see a Bren.
They really don't need a new shotgun, but if they're gonna add one it should be semi auto, as that would change the function making it different from the pump and hunting shottys. Should have limited capacity, but high supply.

I have to say that I love the katana, but it IS in England. With the amount of museums and such it would make far more sense to be a medieval weapon, claymore, broadsword, whatever, just make it british. I blame the anime fanboys.

I would not mind seeing a longbow, but I have a sense that the mechanics would either render it useless or overpower it.

If there's a perk that needs help its the medic or the firebug. The firebug has to survive long enough to get his torch, and more importantly needs help keeping things back as he's really only effective at medium-long range without burning himself.

Perhaps one of the weapons would be a gas powered flamethrower? As fo rifles and MGs, I'd like to see the AWSM, but the Lee Enfield seems outdated, so does the Bren gun, the Royal Marine Commandos and SAS use the Minimi M249 machine gun.

Upvote 0

i think once you hit lvl 3 or 4 on firebug the fire doesnt do any damage to you or your armor, it just shakes your screen but its good for close range as well.

a new type of weapon for firebug would be cool and definitely something specialized for medic. i definitely have medic at at least lvl 6 as i have 80,000 heal points xD

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.