• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map Kf-Multifarious

Swift-Brutal-Death

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 18, 2009
Playable:Hells yes

Size:52MB unzipped

Target avg FPS:45+

Download it here http://www.mediafire.com/?mr2guk1amun89gh

One of the mysterious hellish facilities under the control of Horzine.

Screenshots:

Shot00045.jpg

Shot00050.jpg

Shot00062.jpg

Shot00083.jpg

Last edited:
hey

hey

So i see that no one has commented on this map. I'm curious then why no one has either

A.Decided to download and test this map.
or
B.Leave a review either positive or negative.

I find this a little frustrating because I put a lot of time into this (not saying that other people don't put a lot of time into their maps) and really want to hear something back. I'm sure many people have shared this frustration. I just look at the 100 views and no comments and am like...huh..damn.

Upvote 0
Hey man, i've opened your map in the editor and glad to see that you made those changes i'd suggested.

Nothing really for me to say that i havn't already said but i still think the map could do with improving (like they ever don't) and i hope that you will do other maps aswell as continure to bug hunt/fix and make any improvements to this one.

As for feedback, you just have to accept what you are given, during the 2 waves something like 96 maps were submitted so its not surprizing to be overlooked especially if you only did the one map.

It looks like everyone runs off to try maps by their favourite maker(s) before trying anything else out so its just a matter of patience. If you wanted too you could always try asking another forum member to try your map and give you feedback about what they think needs doing or what they would like to see happen.

Well whatever you do Multifarious is a great map and i'm sure that everyone will remember it once they've had a turn.

Upvote 0
Things I like:

The architecture provides some outstanding visuals both inside and outside. It gives a sense of an extremely enormous operation.

multi1.jpg

multi2.jpg

The spawners are generally well located with action coming from above, beyond, and from recesses and routes that are one way.

Things to consider:

When I'm not supposed to go somewhere, I'd like a reason for it. This drop and route are wide enough and open enough for access.

multi4.jpg

The damage from these flames exceeds the range of heat by a wide margin and I'm burning for apparently no reason. The zombies also get toasted here as well and you can just sit back and watch.

multi3.jpg

This is just an aesthetic consideration. How about putting a square around the entrance for this pipe rather than cut straight into the mesh. The surrounding texture and pipe mesh look a little stretched as well.

multi6.jpg

Overall, I like the map a lot and saw some of the best trading rooms I've seen anywhere so far. You really put in a lot of time and thought there. Each one is unique and well detailed. It's quite a mammoth scale as well so plenty of exploration. I still need to play in a full server so can't really comment too much on gameplay yet until that time.

multi5.jpg

Upvote 0
Thanks Arramus and AVP (once again). Appreciate the feedback. And [TW]Ramm-Jaeger I'm not mad at anyone, I didn't mean to give that vibe either. You guys have valid points. As far as the ledge goes I should have found a different way of doing it. Didn't really think about the pipe through the mesh but I should have. As for the fire and its large area indoors, consider the smoke inhalation that would take place as well, that corner has thick black smoke filling it. The damage extends so a player cannot simply sit in the corner and have zeds hurt themselves to get you. The fire only does a meager 5 dmg per sec so if they touch it while going through the room it shouldn't be that big a deal. Also there are many spawners in that area so if a player does stick around to abuse this he will have a real rough time of it. Thanks for the input!!! :)

Upvote 0
Hey Theddle as far as I know you are indeed an excellent host for people. I read your name across the forum here often and I'm sure with that has come a large commitment on your part. Appreciate what you do and I understand about being stretched too thin. I work nearly full time, have too many pets and hobbies, as well as a full time girlfriend that has had to put up with my crazy mapping hours.

Upvote 0
The fire only does a meager 5 dmg per sec so if they touch it while going through the room it shouldn't be that big a deal.

I can partially go along with smoke element for players not weaing gas masks, but while the damage is low, the zombies can get stuck in the fire and go into a looping pain infliction animation and can't get out of it until they ultimately go pop. It's not that they have no way to escape, it's just that they won't.

Upvote 0