• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

extra ammunition clips

fredkruge

Grizzled Veteran
May 19, 2009
Canada
Ok, so how this would work is... depending on the gun, you can get 2 full reloads (shotty would get 16 extra shells, bullpup 2 extra magazines, pistol, 2 extra magazines, etc.). And in turn, you loose one unit of space that you can have to carry these extra clips of ammunition. Because, if you can have a shotgun, and a bullpup... why not replace the bullpup with ammunition? I mean, you have the space... you could utilize it. Or itll take 2 space blocks. The extra 'cartridges' would be bought at the trader and you can select which weapons ammo to use with it. The ammunition spot would stay there until you get rid of it or sell it.
kindof like this:
At the trader: you buy the extra area clips for... 150$? or 200$? Itll ask you which weapon its for... then you fill it with ammo (you have to pay for ammo each time, when you pick up ammo drops your main gun will be filled, if its full, a clip of ammo will go to the extra spot).
Ammo extras:
shotgun: 16 extra shells (2 blocks)- support class gets lots of extra carrying capacity.
double-barrel: 10 extra shells (2 blocks)
bullpup: 2 extra clips (1 block) - yea, lots of ammo... but vs fleshpounds or scrakes.... lol.
ak-47- 2 extra clips (2 blocks) -bigger ammunition
9mm pistol- 2 extra clips (1 block)
handcannonss- 2 extra clips (2 blocks)
flamethrower-1 extra canister (3 blocks) -very heavy and big
crossbow- 6-8 extra bolts (2 blocks) (have a quiver on back when equipped?)
L.A.W - 2 extra rockets (2 blocks) (only the support class would be able to use these extra ones)
and almost forgot...
lever action rifle- extra 10 shots (1 block)

Just an idea... if you can multiple weapons, why not replace 1 weapon with ammunition? :D

Last edited:
It'd be an interesting concept. I'd favor something more along the lines of buying a 2 block "ammo upgrade" item that allows you to carry more ammo for ALL weapons. And maybe having it buyable multiple times. That way a Firebug, for example, could buy 2 more Flame tanks and such. Or a Sharpshooter could buy 20 more Crossbow bolts, ect.

Upvote 0
Interesting indeed, my first thought was "hell yeah, that'd be great", but on second thoughts no. Giving people essentially unlimited ammo would spoil the tension the game has (on suicidal at least) where you know you're going to run out of primary weapon ammo and you're going to have to fall back on less than ideal weapons to finish the wave.

That said, certain weapons could benefit from this. The crossbow springs to mind. It has a very low ammo count, and getting an ammo upgrade for it would then force you to forego any secondary weapon, making it an interesting tradeoff.

Upvote 0
yea, the possible 'all weapons ammo upgrade' would be interesting... it would probably be 2-3 blocks. (nanostrike's idea) but if you could get extra ammo for all carried weapons, the support perk would be what ppl would pick... and saying that... addendum to the list of blocks/ammo:
shotgun + 16 shells (3 blocks)
double-barrel + 10 shells (3 blocks) due to how much extra the support class can carry

and actually.. im thinking more along the lines of 250-400$ for any extra ammo buys... so its not extremely cheap that ppl can mass easily

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yea, the possible 'all weapons ammo upgrade' would be interesting... it would probably be 2-3 blocks. (nanostrike's idea) but if you could get extra ammo for all carried weapons, the support perk would be what ppl would pick... and saying that... addendum to the list of blocks/ammo:
shotgun + 16 shells (3 blocks)
double-barrel + 10 shells (3 blocks) due to how much extra the support class can carry

and actually.. im thinking more along the lines of 250-400$ for any extra ammo buys... so its not extremely cheap that ppl can mass easily

Yeah, it'd have to be a bit pricey, because you're in essence beefing up the weapons you have instead of getting a new one.

Upvote 0
Interesting indeed, my first thought was "hell yeah, that'd be great", but on second thoughts no. Giving people essentially unlimited ammo would spoil the tension the game has (on suicidal at least) where you know you're going to run out of primary weapon ammo and you're going to have to fall back on less than ideal weapons to finish the wave.

That said, certain weapons could benefit from this. The crossbow springs to mind. It has a very low ammo count, and getting an ammo upgrade for it would then force you to forego any secondary weapon, making it an interesting tradeoff.
the only way to get LOTS of ammo ( not limitless) is to buy only one gun, .. the pyro is the only one that comes to mind, and the flamer isnt light either, the support class after its two shotguns has 2 - 3 blocks left after ( dependin on level ) the commando wont have much left over either, so i really dont see this giving anyone uberlezFkloads of ammo, unless they want to go with only 1 weapon, but then they loose the ammo that weapon would have.

ak-47 6 blocks plus standard 1 is 7, leaving another 8 blocks to 15 blocks, which means an extra 8 mags, almost double the ammount of mags, but no different then the rough ammount of ammo that bullpup + ak gives you..

Upvote 0
They did this in the old Delta Force games (which totally own if you ever get the chance to play them).

Extra ammo was an equipment. You had choices between stuff like:

-Grenades
-LAW
-Extra Ammo

So it wasn't exactly an easy choice.

Doubling your ammo loadout in exchange for carrying one less type of gun would be fairly balanced IMO. As Commando, for instance, I use the AK and the Bullpup. I keep the AK on semi, but if I run out of ammo in a critical moment the Bullpup is on full auto. I've saved my team a few times because I've had that reserve weapon, and extra bullets wouldn't have saved us in a pinch like that.

So it's a tradeoff between longevity in a round and an emergency backup weapon as I see it.

Upvote 0
you can kinda test this theory out with the codes on,

put in the all ammo code and try it out. you just have to cut your self off at the point where you would run out of ammo.

I tried it with a 5 other friends, all of us sharpshooter with dual cannons. Suicidal was a joke with the near endless stream of hand cannon rounds.

Upvote 0

put in the all ammo code and try it out. you just have to cut your self off at the point where you would run out of ammo.

I tried it with a 5 other friends, all of us sharpshooter with dual cannons. Suicidal was a joke with the near endless stream of hand cannon rounds.

yea, but with how much $$ youd have to fork over for the extra ammo spots... (and no discounts if its for handcannons/crossbow if your a sharpshooter)

and if you have dual handcannons extra ammo spot, it takes 2 blocks, gives you 2 clips of ammo (for a handcannon), but for dual-handcannons itll only give you 1 reload. So youd get 10 reloads total if you went handcannons only. + however much itd cost to get thoes extra spaces

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd like the ability to buy some kind of Ammo pack, that instead of giving you extra ammo for weapons, instead can be selected like a weapon and will be categorised as a tool along with the Medic Tool and Welding tool and will let a player drop ammo boxes on the ground. This could be useful for a couple mags of pistol ammo and a few shells once you've run dry, or introduce a new element of teamwork, where one player, possibly support or Medic, can drop ammo for players who are in dire need of it. This idea sprang to mind when playing Star Wars Battlefront 2, where the engineers were able to drop Health/Ammo packs for other soldiers/players, though obviously they'll not be as superly overpowered in Killing Floor.

Upvote 0
I'd like the ability to buy some kind of Ammo pack, that instead of giving you extra ammo for weapons, instead can be selected like a weapon and will be categorised as a tool along with the Medic Tool and Welding tool and will let a player drop ammo boxes on the ground. This could be useful for a couple mags of pistol ammo and a few shells once you've run dry, or introduce a new element of teamwork, where one player, possibly support or Medic, can drop ammo for players who are in dire need of it. This idea sprang to mind when playing Star Wars Battlefront 2, where the engineers were able to drop Health/Ammo packs for other soldiers/players, though obviously they'll not be as superly overpowered in Killing Floor.

dropping ammo boxes would be bad, especially for flame throwers. Tons of grenades.

Upvote 0

where is all this nearly endless bullshyte coming from? shut your yapper. to get nearly endless you would have to have dual hc's and NO OTHER GUNS, that would still only get you an extra 10 blocks of mags which is 10 more mags or 5 more reloads then regular, and thats with NO other guns, just dual hc's; you get a whopping 5 more reloads then regular, something tells me you and your friends were playing with unlimited ammo and went through the legit ammount in the first minute...

Upvote 0