• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Three Suggestions + KF_Bunker

WinnipegIs

Aug 12, 2009
Bloat Ability: The Bloat should be able to stomp the ground, tossing players in a random direction. This ability would be added to prevent certain players from hiding on top of specific spots on specific maps where it grants them the ability to completely avoid being hit by enemies. Killing Floor is about team work to keep you safe, not exploiting the physics system. This ability can come from a speed-increase by the Bloat. The Bloat could run at a specific player, bump into him, and trigger the 'toss' effect. Even if you juke him, he would continue on for a few more seconds, maybe even hitting a wall to shake the area.

Crawlers to Crawl: Crawlers should be able to jump onto roofs or ledges or climb up walls to reach players that are exploiting the physics system as explained above. That, or the Stalker should gain the ability to 'blink' teleport behind players when she can not reach them via foot.

Lovely Stats: Stats should be logged and available along side achievements on our steam pages. We should be able to see general accuracy, general specimen kills, general headshot kills. Then, our usage stats for each weapon, our time played in general and for each map, and finally stats on how many times we've been killed by a specific specimen, how many times we've killed a specific specimen, or headshot the specific specimen. You get my point.

KF_Bunker: An underground nuclear bunker to kick off objective mode. The players randomly spawn at one of five trader locations, and use the large sum of starting cash to buy some weapons. Once the trade timer is up, an endless wave of specimen begins to assault them. Their goal is to cross the map to a control room (There are five locations for the trader, and five locations for the control room. Depending upon the randomly selected trader location, the control room is choosen to be one at the other side of the map) Once the players make it to the control room, they pull a lever that flushes the bunker with swirling red alarm lights and a loud air raid siren. Another more difficult swarm of endless specimen begin to spawn. A *(depending upon difficulty) minute timer warns them until self-destruct. They must now rush to the center of the map to the escape ladder. Once all living players climb the ladder to the top, their squad wins. If the timer hits 00:00 and even one living player is left below the ladder or in the bunker, the squad loses. The screen, regardless of outcome, fades to black and an explosion is heard. Depending upon outcome: "Your squad successfully escaped." or "Your squad failed to escape in time."

Bunker, cool.
Stats, it's depend on Steam Cloud, so it's possible, but will be quite tricky.
At the moment, Crawler is among the most annoyance specimen. Give it Spiderman DNA ? Heck, no-fricking-way
No to bloat, too. That gonna be even more exploit. Why bother jumping like a idiot if, risk losing a few HP and you got a meat launcher that shoot you way father/higher ?

The simple way to end exploiting the whole physic system is to prevent player from jumping. There's no point jumping around in this game what so ever.

Upvote 0
Bunker, cool.
The simple way to end exploiting the whole physic system is to prevent player from jumping. There's no point jumping around in this game what so ever.

Sure there is. It's silly to not be able to move over something that's waist-height - or less than waist height, and jumping lets you do that. It also lets you quickly move away from a bad nade on an FF server, out of the way of the Pat's missles and/or chainsaw, etc.

A better way would be to simply encourage better map design. IE, sticking blocking volumes over doors so people can't glitch up into the area above a door. Or causing a door being shut on you to hurt.

Upvote 0
I would hate to remove jumping. If anything, the devs should go into more detail (when they have time of course) to make more things on certain maps able to jump on. I think it's ridiculous that I can climb on top of the police car by the pub on West London, yet I can't get on that little block right infront of the shop on the opposite corner of the map. If ZEDs can climb it, then we should be able to as well. Simple testing would be required to make sure players can't get to exploitable areas by gaining access to small objects like cars and whatnot.

As for the suggestions, I agree with the map and stats. The other two are pointless if map exploits are fixed. Why cover up a problem with a feature when you can just fix the problem?

Upvote 0
Only problem I see with the map idea is the fact it's an objective map. Back when I played Zombie Panic: Source, I knew quite a few mappers who had objective ideas but they continually ran into coding trouble. As far as I know, the UT engine isn't as easy to work with, so therefore the possibility for a KF objective map seems even slimmer (only 1 person out of the 5 I knew actually finished the map, which was still buggy).

Upvote 0