• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Hmm, mayhaps the delay is because the Heavy Metal pack includes weapons for more classes than just Berserker and Comm... a buddy of mine and I were discussing what other weapons they might include. A mauser pistol for sharpshooters (perhaps with a stock/scope, not a huge fan, but could see it..), something new for other classes?

Either way, I'm willing to be patient, I have faith in TWI to deliver something awesome, and when it's ready, not a moment before. Hell, it's coming for free anyway, so ...

Upvote 0
Who knows what the Heavy Metal Pack will have. Even if it's just a new map and two new weapons I'll be satisfied - again, it's free. It sets a great precedent, especially if it a) extends KF's playability and b) brings in new players. With either / both of those goals met, it would hopefully encourage TWI to continue exploring in that direction. I've seen a ton of people rocking the Outbreak skins, and I'm sure the micro-transactions there helped TWI feel it's right to keep the actual +content+ free.

Upvote 0
Guys it is going to take a bit longer then we expected to address some of the issues that came up. We are in the final stages of QA on this patch however and continue to work on it around the clock.

I am sorry that it has taken this long. I honestly expected we would be ready last week (which was not the case). In the creation of these patches it is a delicate balance of when to talk about it, and when to ship it. You don't want to announce it to early (we figured we were only a week or two away at the time of the announcement), but then again you have to make a call of when the product is "ready" enough for public consumption. What bugs can be lived with (we could spend months working on bug fixing). This is why although I've tried to give some estimated time frames I have never committed to a solid date til we know one ourselves.

Thanks for hanging in there guys.

Upvote 0