• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
First off very nice job with sketchup that was the first 3D Modeling program i ever used and still my favorite. I would be happy to try and implement it into my mutator. In answer to your question i use blender almost exclusively for just about everything skinning, modeling, and animating. If you don't already know how to use it and would like to just send me a pm and i would be glad to help as much as i can.
I have made a download link for the Sniper Mesh here: [URL]http://www.usaupload.net/d/a9yavb0zezv[/URL]

Im happy for the Sniper to be added into your mutator that sounds great :)
I can find a sound for the weapon well I have found one but I have to unpack files to get to it so I should have it soon.

The weapons look great I have tried to use blender but it is too complicated for me I know how to use BSP to calve the shape of an object in the KF editor .

You can also contact me @ : [email protected] <----it looks like a link but it wont work properly

Last edited:
Upvote 0
which one had the problem was it the sniper ?...
& if it was you said your re-modeling it so is it still going to be in the mod ?
& what was the problem I have a couple ideas but I don't feel like guessing & I would like to learn how you get the weapons going & how to use blender because I would like to learn how to make a mod Myself :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
which one had the problem was it the sniper ?...
& if it was you said your re-modeling it so is it still going to be in the mod ?
& what was the problem I have a couple ideas but I don't feel like guessing & I would like to learn how you get the weapons going & how to use blender because I would like to learn how to make a mod Myself :)

It wasn't your model, it was just that i was told to model an SL86 but what he really meant was the fore mentioned UMP45. The only issues with yours was it was a tad bit long but i rectified that one and the other was that it has over 8000 poly's but that shouldn't be too bad just in the future when modeling for games you want to shoot for under 4000 and even that's a decent amount. Your gun will be programed and animated first in a separate package which will be just your gun and released to you alone so you can request changes before i release such as animation and texturing. I am currently working on texturing so it should be out in a minimum of two weeks. If you would like it to be released to the public that will be fine too i just ask that you notify me first.

Upvote 0
This moment

This moment

I think a public release sounds good I can add another thread so the weapon is up.
are you also adding it into your mutator ? because with all the other weapons it could be a bonus weapon & are you making another version of the mod later on because I would like to join in the weapons creation because I have alot more weapons I can think of & I will keep in mind the amount of poly's. currently I am working on a mesh & I can send it soon but if all this is alright can you reply to my E-mail viewed in the post above. & i would like to know about the animations how are you planning on it reloading because it is a singleshot rifle & when it fires it would be cool if the bumpy part of the barrel pushed into the gun a little bit so it looks as if there is a large amount of recoil. I am getting the sound for the weapon i am getting the sound of the heavy sniper in Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter unless you already have a sound for it

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think a public release sounds good I can add another thread so the weapon is up.
are you also adding it into your mutator ? because with all the other weapons it could be a bonus weapon & are you making another version of the mod later on because I would like to join in the weapons creation because I have alot more weapons I can think of & I will keep in mind the amount of poly's. currently I am working on a mesh & I can send it soon but if all this is alright can you reply to my E-mail viewed in the post above. & i would like to know about the animations how are you planning on it reloading because it is a singleshot rifle & when it fires it would be cool if the bumpy part of the barrel pushed into the gun a little bit so it looks as if there is a large amount of recoil. I am getting the sound for the weapon i am getting the sound of the heavy sniper in Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter unless you already have a sound for it

Yes, depending on how busy i get in the next few months there will be quite a few different releases adding new weapons. Each pack will contain one epic weapon in this one it will be yours. I had already planed for the rifle to be only one shot. It will programed to go through 10 (or so) specimen before it stops killing them instantly regardless of where they are hit. As far as sounds go i could use all the help i can get i am advanced in everything else but i don't have enough time to go out and collect all the sounds myself, normally i would have a problem with pulling stuff from another game but since no one will be making a profit from this mutator i think it'll be fine.

I did ended up having a problem with the normals in your model and ended up remodeling it after all. This is something i couldn't see until i got it in the game but i modeled it as close to yours as possible with a few of my own additions. If any of the changes i made are really not okay please notify me and it will be changed closer to your original.

With all that out of the way the only thing i have left is that I've finished texturing the model so here's a screen.

please note that placement of all the weapons could vary because of the game engine.

Upvote 0
I think the amount of kills it makes is really good & I am happy to be able to join in the mod as well :)

the only problem I would have with the mesh is that the end of the barrel is a bit short & the same with the stand but the scope & everything else is looking great so far & one more thing I would like to see a picture of the weapons side view because I think when you put the hands on weapon animation the back hand should be visible around this area on the picture but it doesn't have to but this was the part I meant just around the back of the snipers scope there is a trigger & I thaught it would look good there:

my really good computer has a broken processor so I am getting a new one next week but it has an assult rifle I have been making but I might re-start it because the number of poly's on it could be a problem but I will put some pictures up soon & send you a copy of the mesh to see what you & other people on the forums have to say about it so then if it is good enough it could be made.

I would also like to know if you could teach me how to program the weapons & how to use Blender
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1787&d=1245218021

Upvote 0
well then don't worry about the trigger being visible just a longer barrel on it would look alot better. I have got another download link for a weapon sound it isn't that good but i will get the newer sound soon the current sound I got out of Battlefield 2 but that is all I have at the moment the good sounds are on My good computer with the broken processor.

the sound download link: [URL]http://www.usaupload.net/d/tv511krenq8

I am also making a level at the moment so would you like to add it to your mod ? so the weapons are scattered all around the map I will put up a screenshot soon[/URL]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have finished my next weapon which is an assult rifle which has a submachinegun Built to the back of the gun & for the animation I would like it to be like the AK101's Animation on Battlefield 2 but only the shell ejector on the side of the gun where you pull it back & release the leaver attached to the ejector I have an image of what I think it should look like in first-person view + the gun has textures on the pictures but I couldn't find how to export them but they weren't verry good anyway.

I would also like to know if you can make the programing so the primary fire is the the frontal magazine which should contain 40/50 rounds & the rear magazine contains 30 9mm rounds & the flash light if it could work that would look good too + the sight if it worked it would seem alot better too but I tried to keep in mind the amount of poly's I have used on the gun but it might still have a too high amount still. (Build time around 4.5 hours)& yet again the pictures are tilted + the front hand is obviously suppos to be on the front handle & I know they're crap quallity pictures.
weapon sound download link & updated sniper sound: http://www.usaupload.net/d/9d7h1tqu0an

Download link: [URL]http://www.usaupload.net/d/ai9h3lk333i[/URL]

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have spent the night delving into the millions of problems i encountered with the armature and have finally finished rigging the sniper and hands.

I did have all the animations already working with the gun but then i realized i hadn't put any hands on. This mistake was probably the result of too much caffeine and not enough sleep but either way that was about 9hrs of work i had to do over again.

So here's the render of it and now I'm going to sleep.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if you are still taking requests...but..

I'm not sure if you are still taking requests...but..

I got a few that are a bit more on the exotic side...

The plr-16. A 5.56 pistol based off of the m-4 carbine. Cheaper than the "assault Rifle" in the game, though using the same ammunition, and with a decent scope (2x?) the pistol is cheap, light, and capable of taking out lesser specimens with cost effective ease.
http://cyberpunk.net.pl/zbrojownia/bron_reczna/karabiny/szturmowe/gfx/keltecplr16.jpg

Would fit well under the commando perk. (I know it's American, but to my knowledge, so is the Winchester)

The luger carbine.

A pistol carbine developed for sport, it is arguably one of the most expensive and well made pistols of times past on the market. Firing a 45 caliber slug with a butt stock and extended barrel for longer ranges with increased accuracy, the pistol would make an excellent edition to the marksman perk.
http://www.hlebooks.com/images/luger/p02carb1.JPG

The Beefeater's Halberd

Though used now purely in ceremony, the halberd holds it's status as one of the most effective weapons of medieval warefare. They were still used into the gunpowder age to protect musket troops from cavalry and infantry assaults. Alas, no man has to enter within ten feet to kill his foes, as often was the case then. Pity there are no sort of zombie or mutant/genetic experimentation type attacks going on that could press them back into service....oh...there is? Well fancy that.

Make it slightly lighter than the chainsaw (perhaps allowing a sidearm), hitting heavier than the axe, and If possible,hitting more than one foe in a limited arc around them. Perhaps some sort of code from the shotgun's spread could be of use here?
http://www.historicarms.co.uk/images/poleaxe2.jpg

And last but not least, something to vindicate and hopefully replace that horribly pathetic excuse for an anti tank rocket. This isn't a mans weapon...this is a boy's anti tank rifle. Give it the same ability as the crossbow, punching through multiple targets, and hitting about as hard as the crossbow with a headshot, on normal strikes (no crits though?). Extremely slow rate of fire, insane recoil, very hard to aim while moving, perhaps only able to fire from a crouching position somehow?

http://www.jaegerplatoon.net/Boys1.jpeg

And a better shot to show how massive this bugger is (Assuming this isn't something else entirely different)

http://people.delphiforums.com/wbennett10/Fire/SpecialForces.jpg

Oh! Almost forgot. Seems like a no brainer though. The minigun.

Considering the flamethrower actually fires little "bursts" of flame, as opposed to a solid stream (easily seen in a sweep or zed mode) just adopt the model to the flamethrowers animation. Heck, take away the flamey ness from the flamethrower projectile (or condense it?) and now you have tracers.

Upvote 0