Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Off Topic > Gaming

Gaming Discuss Other Games And Mods Here

Old 04-12-2011, 01:33 PM

Yeah, free to play and download. If you've got the beta installed you should only need an update via the client to play.

And yeah premium account/ammo/tanks/consumables & exp conversion plus some other minor stuff are the things you get with purchasable gold.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahnsikir View Post
Yeah, free to play and download. If you've got the beta installed you should only need an update via the client to play.

And yeah premium account/ammo/tanks/consumables & exp conversion plus some other minor stuff are the things you get with purchasable gold.
Gotcha, makes sense, and this is what I thought was the case, but I wasn't 100% sure. Thanks.

So yea, I'll be on, add me whenever you like. I play at least a few games a day, sometimes for hours on end.

"I am nothing; We are everything." Kurt 'Panzermeyer' Meyer
Old 04-13-2011, 04:15 AM

Well for some reason since it's gone live my ping has jumped from ~250 on the US server to ~500, hooray!

Old 04-13-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog View Post
Well for some reason since it's gone live my ping has jumped from ~250 on the US server to ~500, hooray!
Interesting, mine has been staying around 100 -- before, and after release.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:05 AM

It could just be my garbage ISP up to their usual tricks, I'll phone rage them.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:24 PM

Do I need to reregister for the full version? It seems it wont recognize my Email anymore..
Old 04-14-2011, 03:36 PM

Nope, uses the same one.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:40 PM

Did it keep anything from the Beta? or do you start from scratch all over again??
Old 04-15-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
Did it keep anything from the Beta? or do you start from scratch all over again??
Start over.

This may suck for some, but I like starting over. It's fun to drive and fight in those puny little tankettes. I don't even like calling them tanks.

A nice setup, the MS-1 with a 45mm gun. Thing looks really strange, such a small vehicle with a 45mm gun, good for sniping though.

"I am nothing; We are everything." Kurt 'Panzermeyer' Meyer
Old 04-15-2011, 12:03 PM

I think the early battles are the ebst in this game.They are the most fun and are not too **** like the higher tiers
no offense, like the game or not, you really sound like an arsehole here
Old 04-17-2011, 11:33 PM

Might be dumb to ask this, who here is still playing and what tanks do you have?
I've got the;
M7 Priest
T29
T23

Imperial Legion

Last edited by Chadwiick; 05-14-2011 at 12:51 AM.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:53 PM

I started playing yesterday, so I've got only a fully upgraded MS-1. Played once with the Leichtetraktor, but no upgrades yet.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:59 AM

I've got;
Leichtetraktor
PzKmpf II
Old 04-18-2011, 04:41 PM

A tricked out PzIII A

mit

L-traktor (for when I die too fast for my own good)

Grinding for the PzIII is arduously slow, and I won't be getting any fun toys for it either. Two tiers left til I get the long-barelled 7.5cm. Thinking about getting a Wespe in the mean time.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:48 PM

is arty still super easy to use? i remember playin the beta with the crapiest german arty, killing tigers and whatnot
Old 04-19-2011, 07:08 PM

Its not as bad as it used to be. They've toned down how quick arty can aim accurately, so unless you like sitting about in the open you're usually okay. You still need to be aware of it though and knowing the 'blind spots' of maps and how to avoid being an prime arty target is still helpful.

Saying that though at times its still a complete pain in the *** in low tier battles. They have a higher rof & faster aim time than the higher tiers so they tend to be a lot more spammy with the stuff rather than waiting for a good shot to get a direct hit to deal with a high priority target. So even if they don't directly do massive damage to you and only take out your tracks, their higher rof combined with the fact you probably have crap crew in your low tier tank when starting off means they can get a handful of shots at you before you can repair.

I think (may be wrong) but going along with the tone down they gave HE across all tanks it has made low tier arty way less effective against higher tiered heavily armoured tank. Aside from getting a lucky hit on the ammo rack you're not going to see a Bison take out a Tiger in any rush.

Last edited by Mahnsikir; 04-19-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:20 AM

As long as arty can still see damage you do to the terrain when out of their line of site (like knocking trees over etc) and as long as you still stay visible to them for 10 seconds or so after their team loses line of site on you, they will continue to be bull****. I don't care how long it takes them to fire.

Anyway I'm uninstalling this, I was going to keep playing with low tiers but it really is just too bland with only the one game type.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog View Post
As long as arty can still see damage you do to the terrain when out of their line of site (like knocking trees over etc) and as long as you still stay visible to them for 10 seconds or so after their team loses line of site on you, they will continue to be bull****. I don't care how long it takes them to fire.

Anyway I'm uninstalling this, I was going to keep playing with low tiers but it really is just too bland with only the one game type.
I know what you mean, I believe the one game type is the reason for such a grind, look at CoD, it didn't feel like a grind, but then again 2,000 things to upgrade/unlock + not much exp required.
They need to add a special research section, instead of using exp to research a new gun or turret, how about using it to upgrade that gun further or turret further (more damage, but nothing insane for example) then the more research you put into your tank the less grind it will be for the next tank. + more game modes = a nice fun game to go play in.

Imperial Legion
Old 05-13-2011, 07:18 PM

I've played since the closed beta where I had T-54, Panther 2 and JagdTiger as my "best" tanks. Now after the release and Hard-wipe I've gotten as far as having Panther 1 fully upgraded (need ~160k xp for Panther2 though), T-43 (20k xp away from T-44) and Ferdinand (50k xp short of the 128mm gun). I have played around 1500 battles after the release (compared to some 2500 battles in beta) and I still haven't lost interest in the game as it just is so great fun when playing in a platoon with couple of friends and having a great 3 tank task force wrecking havoc across the map

PS. I play in Euro-server