• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Looking for a mapper with a few free hours.

F6Knight

Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2009
Belgium
i'm looking for a simple (but hopefully fun) map and someone who can make it for me (or maybe someone already has something in the style of what I'm looking for)

I know that making something like I'm discribing below probably won't take much time for a semi experienced mapper but I have absolutely no time right now to learn how to use the editor and even make a simple map like this. I'm already spending half of my time writing guides for new kF players :p
So I'm really hoping for a kind soul that has a couple of free hours and thinks this could be a fun map for an occasional game.

So this is what I'm looking for

A daytime map with a small fort in the middle.
Just big enough for 6 people to move aorund properly. I would say maybe about the size of the central room on biotics lab (the one with the 2 stairs next to each other leading down)

No roof off course and the ability to get on the walls.

A double front gate that can be welded and has some sort of slightly forward sticking 'cubicles' or 'bunkers' on each side with some windows so you can enter them and kill any specimens that are beating on the front gate.

no other windows. all the shooting will be done from the bunkers next to the front gate or from on top of the walls.

a single back door without any windows nearby (so you can only cover it from on top of the walls)

a single trader room inside the fort.
several ammo spawns inside the fort.

all the specimen spawns should be outside the fort obviously and the player spawns inside the fort.

the outside of the map does not have to be decorated at all (except some sand or desert floor textures off course :)
If you are bored then feel free to add some trees or other nature or slightly medieval looking props to the outside of the map but I don't really care about that :)

if i was to make a map for you i would call it mine and leave you out of it. And now people are gonna steal your idea.
Way to be a douche, I'll be removing all of your maps from my server, and I suggest anyone else does aswell.

He wasn't asking to be included in anything, if anything all he was asking for was for someone to make the map.

Good job, jerk!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Way to be a douche, I'll be removing all of your maps from my server, and I suggest anyone else does aswell.

He wasn't asking to be included in anything, if anything all he was asking for was for someone to make the map.

Good job, jerk!
hey great way to show everyone you have somthing up your ****

maybe you should read it more carfully.
i'm looking for a simple (but hopefully fun) map and someone who can make it for me

people will play maps they like, doensnt matter who made em.

and btw. OOO you took 2 maps off your server!!! wow great job. c how much i care about what u say

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I didnt really understand the description of the map :/ but i'd really like to help you :) so if it's possible could you make a small pic, like in paint or something. or add me on steam [gewalttouristen]. Ill probably bee able to make it tomorrow if i get the whole construction right.

(And yes! now i remember, i made a similar map for the KFmod once. KF-Laststand, it wasnt exactly a fort, but it was a house with a sniperspot, a place to shot the ones hacking at the front port mm. But if you dont want it detailed, it will be easier to make a new one :) )

See if i got it right: Picture

<3 Anemia

/EDIT:
map and someone who can make it for me
Ofc he didnt mean: "Well could someone make a map for me and PM it to me so i can put it up and get all the creds for it.". I cant believe anyone would be so stupid/silly/orwhatever. More like: "Could someone help me make a map since i dont know how to do it myself (or whateverreason) so i can play it and have fun."

AND! Most important, he was asking nicely.
EDIT/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hey great way to show everyone you have somthing up your ****

maybe you should read it more carfully.

people will play maps they like, doensnt matter who made em.

and btw. OOO you took 2 maps off your server!!! wow great job. c how much i care about what u say

You're making an *** out of yourself. Seriously, shove it. He asked if someone could make a map in the design he wanted, since he doesn't wanna do it himself. He doesn't want credit, he simply wants to enjoy it but not have to make it. He was asking for someone to do it and release it themselves. And "stealing your idea"? Wtf are you on?

Upvote 0
A daytime map with a small fort in the middle.
Just big enough for 6 people to move aorund properly. I would say maybe about the size of the central room on biotics lab (the one with the 2 stairs next to each other leading down)

No roof off course and the ability to get on the walls.

A double front gate that can be welded and has some sort of slightly forward sticking 'cubicles' or 'bunkers' on each side with some windows so you can enter them and kill any specimens that are beating on the front gate.

no other windows. all the shooting will be done from the bunkers next to the front gate or from on top of the walls.

a single back door without any windows nearby (so you can only cover it from on top of the walls)

a single trader room inside the fort.
several ammo spawns inside the fort.

all the specimen spawns should be outside the fort obviously and the player spawns inside the fort.

the outside of the map does not have to be decorated at all (except some sand or desert floor textures off course :)
If you are bored then feel free to add some trees or other nature or slightly medieval looking props to the outside of the map but I don't really care about that :)

It must be your lucky day because I thought of making a map like this on my way home today. The design I came up with is similar except for a Keep in the center for a last stand. Being an experienced Unreal mapper this shouldn't take more then a day for professional quality. I'll probably start it tomorrow and be finished by the weekend.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@ Dragon
I never wanted any credit for it.
"Steal" my idea if you want. I don't care.
I only want to play the finished poduct and was looking for a mapper who might be interested in this project. As mentioned in my first post, I'm spending my own free time writing KF guides for new players so I don't have time to learn the editor and get even a simple map like this done anywhere in the next few weeks.

@ The people who are working on a map in the style of my request
I don't really care about high detail but it's always nice to have off course :)
You guys can make it as detailed and professional as you want or have time for.
But with or without lots of detail, I'm just hoping that the gameplay will be fun :)

@ Anemia, Hackel and Falidell: Thanks a lot in advance, and I'm looking forward to playing them all.

Upvote 0
I cant believe we are talking about a 3 day old topic

I can't believe you keep crying.
You don't have to make the map, plenty of other people working on their own versions. Yet you keep coming back here to make retarded childish remarks ... really sad.
Just ignore this topic and go work on your own projects if you can't act in a mature way about this.

@ Hackel
It looks great. And about 5 times bigger than I had imagined :)

@ The Fortune
The more the merrier (or however you spell that word :p)
Let us know if you also decide to make a version of your own.

I can't wait to try them all :)

Upvote 0
ight! i too have some screens for the version i made for this. and here they are. i'll be putting the beta in the KF Beta Map Releases sub-forum. i call it KF-Defence-b1... now a few thing to remember... it's a beta(so i'll prob add more to it/change it) , i just relearned doors, and i decided to put 4 entrances.
kf_Defence.jpg

kf_defence02.jpg

kf_defence03.jpg

Upvote 0