• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dual/single handcannon altfire idea

Raj

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
I noticed there's no alt fire for handcannons... How about gangsta style shooting?

What i mean is this:

istockphoto_4378811-gangsta-style.jpg

:D

Heh, that would be neat for the single pistols.

I read a while ago that this was a legitimate way to shoot a weapon against multiple targets because it uses the recoil to shift your aim horizontally instead of vertically. I think the Mauser C96 was mentioned as an example weapon for doing this with, too. :p

Upvote 0
I read a while ago that this was a legitimate way to shoot a weapon against multiple targets because it uses the recoil to shift your aim horizontally instead of vertically. I think the Mauser C96 was mentioned as an example weapon for doing this with, too. :p

Whoever is peddling that as a legitimate firing stance doesn't know what they're talking about, or got all thier firearms training from Metal Gear Solid 3.

Upvote 0
Whoever is peddling that as a legitimate firing stance doesn't know what they're talking about, or got all thier firearms training from Metal Gear Solid 3.

Actually for the C96 in particular it was quite effective when clearing rooms. Granted the C96 is actually a machine pistol with more in common with submachineguns than glocks so the recoil idea would probably work better than with normal pistols.

More to the point, the C96 had a bit of a design FUBAR where the ejection port is directly on top of the gun instead of off to the right. This leads to hot brass in your face if you hold it normally. Not too much of a problem normally, but it can be... unpleasant when you're going full auto with it, which the Chinese found out the hard way. Their solution: hold it sideways so it ejects to the side instead of towards you.

That aside, the desert eagle has no such design quirks and no other reason why you would ever decide to gansta style it (especially two of them...) aside from a pressing need to dislocate your wrists. Please... we don't need sideways shooting in this game.

Upvote 0
hahah
image holding two 50cal deagles like that...
your wrists would bleed

If you tried to fire a Desert Eagle chambered in .50AE with only one hand at ANY angle your wrist would be falling apart. The kick on those things is horrendous, and even when used with two hands they're known for their tendency to stovepipe because people don't (or simply aren't strong enough to) brace for the recoil properly. Put one in each hand and we've already left Realism Station far behind, next stop The Matrix.

If there was going to be any sort of alternate fire for the Desert Eagles, a good pistol-whipping is the only thing I can think of - they're heavy, sturdy weapons, so better suited for it than many other pistols. Still, if you're going to give improvised melee capability to one weapon there's no good reason not to give it to everything else.

Upvote 0
Actually for the C96 in particular it was quite effective when clearing rooms. Granted the C96 is actually a machine pistol with more in common with submachineguns than glocks so the recoil idea would probably work better than with normal pistols.

Only certain varients of the C96 were select fire, and anyway it's still a very dubious firing method that's basically confined to the Chinese. It might be semi-useful for one varient of one gun for one specific use, but it's an awful method for anything else.

Upvote 0