• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How to kill tank on foot?

DorkFish

Jan 1, 2009
This is probably too noob of a question as tactics so im putting it here. If I am on foot, are these the only options to kill a tank?

1) Anti-Tank class using Panzerfaust or AT Rifle
2) Russian demo man using satchel
3) Any class picking up AT weapon like Panzerfaust or AT Rifle from ground

Is there any way to blow up a tank with just regular rifle or smg or handgrenade? Sorry i dont really know how real tank works.. plz let me know. I've always been throwing grenades at tanks hoping it would blow it up but i never could.

THanks

As covered already, you are pretty much only gonna be able to shoot the crew if they are careless. Nades are tough, you gotta be REALLY good at cooking them off to be effective on them if they pop up from the hatch, but otherwise they are going to be impenatrable. On maps such as Leningrad or Konigsplatz, I'll often find someone experienced and drop my satchels by them, then picking one up myself. At worst, they don't kill anything with it, at best, they do. Often, you see combat engineers get killed on their approach to enemy tanks, wasting at least one satchel. By offering one to someone else, it doubles your odds of taking out a tank. Besides, if I stay back for a little while, I can always get my second satchel back from a resupply.

Upvote 0
Dont use the nades you will just be heckled as a noob and probably kill yourself or friendlies which is more annoying. Also nades dont work ever. you can shoot a commander out if he is unbuttoned. You can run in front of the driver he will think you are a satchel guy and either jump out or start trying to drive away.On the flip side any tanker that gets out to shoot someone peppering their tank is an idiot.

Upvote 0
No, I rarely ever TK'ed because I know I am new and I might ruin people's fun... so I went to places where no one was around and waited for enemy. Such as places we already captured or the path where enemy might come from to ambush..

sadly, it never worked since ambushing a tank with smg and grenade did nothing. Several times I thought I could shoot through the eyehole of the tank so I jumped out and shooting and tanks just ran over me.

Upvote 0
No, I rarely ever TK'ed because I know I am new and I might ruin people's fun... so I went to places where no one was around and waited for enemy. Such as places we already captured or the path where enemy might come from to ambush..

sadly, it never worked since ambushing a tank with smg and grenade did nothing. Several times I thought I could shoot through the eyehole of the tank so I jumped out and shooting and tanks just ran over me.

I always wondered what that crazy infantryman was doing, jumping out in front of my tank! :D

Upvote 0