• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] GPF Error when closing the game, no master server

zemzero

Aug 3, 2006
Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1099 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: RADEON 9500 (6635)

General protection fault!

History: UObject::processEvent <- (ROUT2k4Browser_ServerListPageInternet Package.ROUT2k4Browser_ServerListPageInternet, Function GUI2K4.UT2K4Browser_ServerListPageMS.QueryComplete) <- UObject::processDelegate <- UObject::ConditionalDestroy <- (ROMasterServerClient Entry.ROMasterServerClient) <- DispatchDestroy <- (41756: ROMasterServerClient Entry.ROMasterServerClient Class IpDrv.ROMasterServerClient) <- DispatchDestroys <- UObject::purgeGarbage <- UObject::StaticExit <- appPreExit <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

I just reinstalled the game after losing my other hard drive where it was previously installed. I had to change some registry variables of steam in order to be able to reinstall it. All I did was change steam from the G: directory (Which I no longer have) to the F: directory, where I wanted it installed.

I get the above error when closing the game.
Also, the Internet tab hangs on "Queuing Master Server". I never see any servers.

I can start the client up fine, I can play practice mode just fine. I can sometimes connect to the news tab.

It looks like all ports are open, the firewall is letting the game through.

In steam, in the update news window, the latest update is from March 20 2008. Is that page just not up-to-date, or is that the last update I downloaded? I notice on the front page of RO it says there was an update on June 19th.

My RO version is 1076 according to the News tab.

I have looked through other GPF threads and have tried the suggestions, but they did not work (Deleting .cfl's, deleting the .ini's, verifying the game, etc, etc.)

Last edited:
I have the same problems like the guy above. I reinstalled windows XP then I put a CD of RO (I have bought RO on cd) into CD-ROM and installedl. After that I've got message about no free space. I didn't know what is it but I (think) fixed it by clicking on Red Orchestra in my steam account and was downloading again the game. After that, the game was "synchronized" and I could start the game. But the master server doesn't work. I tried look in firewall but there I allowed all and it must work. But nothing. Still the same - No servers, Getting same problem when close the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Same thing here.. I can play offline in DH or RO no problem.. I can JOIN servers I have in my favorites and play no problem..but when I try to query the master server it apparently is still running when I try to exit and I get the error..

What a pain in the *** :)

I'm using AVG anyone else? (just wondering what is conflicting here.. it just started in the last couple of days for me.

Upvote 0
Same thing here.. I can play offline in DH or RO no problem.. I can JOIN servers I have in my favorites and play no problem..but when I try to query the master server it apparently is still running when I try to exit and I get the error..

What a pain in the *** :)

I'm using AVG anyone else? (just wondering what is conflicting here.. it just started in the last couple of days for me.

It has nothing to do with any program running in the background. I have shut off everything, EVERYTHING, and still get this.

WHERE'S THE SUPPORT?

Upvote 0
I'm seeing a LOT of people that just started having this happen in the last few days asking the SAME QUESTION all over the net... I can play offline but when I try to query the master server..nothing happens..then when I try to exit.. Boing.. same error...

How about a little help oh great guru's of RO????

Upvote 0
I use AVG, but have been turning it off when I play games.

When searching this forum for other GPF errors, I came across a thread that was started awhile back where one of the devs said the masterserver had to be fixed/rebooted. Everyone in the thread complained about not getting a masterserver.

I wonder if that is what is happening here, unless only a few of us can not get to the Masterserver.

Upvote 0
CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2669 MHz with 2045MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GX2 (6371)
History: UObject::processEvent <- (DHBrowser_ServerListPageInternet Package.DHBrowser_ServerListPageInternet, Function GUI2K4.UT2K4Browser_ServerListPageMS.QueryComplete) <- UObject::processDelegate <- UObject::ConditionalDestroy <- (ROMasterServerClient Entry.ROMasterServerClient) <- DispatchDestroy <- (42597: ROMasterServerClient Entry.ROMasterServerClient Class IpDrv.ROMasterServerClient) <- DispatchDestroys <- UObject::purgeGarbage <- UObject::StaticExit <- appPreExit <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Thats the error I get when I exit after trying to query the master server.. does NOT happen if I run game and do NOT try multiplayer on "internet"

Upvote 0
Same here.
At least 4 of my clan members cant see Master List and getting that error as well:

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 3003 MHz with 1535MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GS (9147)
History: UObject::processEvent <- (ROUT2k4Browser_ServerListPageInternet Package.ROUT2k4Browser_ServerListPageInternet, Function GUI2K4.UT2K4Browser_ServerListPageMS.QueryComplete) <- UObject::processDelegate <- UObject::ConditionalDestroy <- (ROMasterServerClient Entry.ROMasterServerClient) <- DispatchDestroy <- (42882: ROMasterServerClient Entry.ROMasterServerClient Class IpDrv.ROMasterServerClient) <- DispatchDestroys <- UObject::purgeGarbage <- UObject::StaticExit <- appPreExit <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Upvote 0
We are currently working with Valve to track down the issue. Nothing in RO has changed since the last update months and months ago, so we're not sure yet why the problem is occuring. In the meantime, if you are having these issues please use the out of game Steam server browser to find/join servers until this problem is resolved.

Upvote 0