• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour Beta Version 1.1 Released!

The DH guys have worked very hard on this MOD along with the realism of it. It sounds to me that you should stick w/ the Arcade type games. ;)
Sounds to me you should stop assume that just cause I don`t like something about a realism game/mod, I must be a strict arcade player or I can`t handle "realism".

I played DH earlier and there was 3 or 4 maps of constant darkness and fog. Then I finally asked the people in the server if the mod has any brighter maps ala BiA, answer was no, so I quit.

Upvote 0
i suppose you are talking about cagny? we really can't add 50 tanks on such a map, and allies already get almost 3 times more tanks than the germans for balance. teamtanking or infantry is the option here, untill we get more big scale tankmaps!
and allied tanks didn't have range adjustments, you need to manually adjust the height of your barrel by estimating the distance and using the markings on the sight. once you play that way it you will feel for yourself why they always say german tanks were superior.
Oh i didn't know about the range thing.But i now vaguely recall something about this.God old age is not all its cracked up to be.
Its just that i jumped on as a German and all the good infantry had gone and so had all the tanks.team tanking is fine on a clan server but a it pants on a pub server.So yes more tanks would be nice.I ended up driving a half track round and machine gunning the allied tanks.
That was fun for about 5 mins.Then i quit the game and found something more interesting to do.
Like watching paint dry.

Upvote 0
oh please please please... last time i played cagny i took an achilles m10, placed it behind a hedge under some trees and destroyed german tanks untill i was out of ammo, i took out at least 10 tanks under wich half were tigers and panthers.

cagny is probably the most realistic tankmap ever (wait untill you start flaming!) if you get in position without being spotted driving there then you will be verry hard to spot. on cagny it takes binoculars to spot tanks even when they move its verry hard to see them because of the realistic looking nature. on most tankmaps so far, spotting a tank is hardly ever a problem, its making sure it's an enemy that requires looking through the gun or binocs.
cagny brings you closest to real life tanking i believe, on other tankmaps you are safer when moving at high speed than when you sit still and thats just absurd, on cagny it's the opposite. a moving tank is a dead tank because there are plenty ambushed tanks that will spot you and follow you in their sight untill you think you have reached your ideal ambush spot and... BOOM! dead

i can sometimes get killed 3 times in a row by the same tank without ever finding where he is.

Upvote 0
oh please please please... last time i played cagny i took an achilles m10, placed it behind a hedge under some trees and destroyed german tanks untill i was out of ammo, i took out at least 10 tanks under wich half were tigers and panthers.

cagny is probably the most realistic tankmap ever (wait untill you start flaming!) if you get in position without being spotted driving there then you will be verry hard to spot. on cagny it takes binoculars to spot tanks even when they move its verry hard to see them because of the realistic looking nature. on most tankmaps so far, spotting a tank is hardly ever a problem, its making sure it's an enemy that requires looking through the gun or binocs.
cagny brings you closest to real life tanking i believe, on other tankmaps you are safer when moving at high speed than when you sit still and thats just absurd, on cagny it's the opposite. a moving tank is a dead tank because there are plenty ambushed tanks that will spot you and follow you in their sight untill you think you have reached your ideal ambush spot and... BOOM! dead

i can sometimes get killed 3 times in a row by the same tank without ever finding where he is.

you must have played against very stupid players :D

Upvote 0
cagny is probably the most realistic tankmap ever (wait untill you start flaming!) if you get in position without being spotted driving there then you will be verry hard to spot. on cagny it takes binoculars to spot tanks even when they move its verry hard to see them because of the realistic looking nature. is.

Well put! It's a good fast action map & the allies can win this map EZ if they try.

Upvote 0
The challenge!!! Same as I would take the Pz III on Black Day July, or other maps with a good mix of stronger tanks.
Couldn't agree more about the challenge.I don't see the point in using Tigers and Panthers when better tanks are about.I tend to go for the Stugs as having a turret does my head in.At least in a Stug it fires the way you are pointing.
But i tried the Stuart and they are crap.Maybe it needs tweaking a bit.
Maybe the fact that we had pretty even numbers on the map made it a bit pointless.In fact it was such a poor game that night the map was pulled about half way through.So we than played St fremond.With the Allies wining in about 8 minutes.What with respawning as the Germans and running out of the door to get killed by the allied tank sat waiting.Or respawning miles away and having to cross the open field while getting shot at by an allied tank and dug in troops.Yes that was fun map as well that night.
Yes i know that its probably because i have only just managed to get DH working but i am finding the maps not to my liking.I tried the one of the Omaha beach maps the other night and i must say i find Beach Assault more fun than the map i played on DH.

Upvote 0
Wow sounds great!

Any chance of getting a finer xhair on the Springfield? Or have it be more weathered in appearance like the old DoD one?

If you are a realism nut and a gun nut like you you'd say "weathered" looking scope crosshairs are extremely unrealistic. The crosshairs inside the scope are encased in glass and never contact anything, and thus can never get worn. This is something games always do because they think its "cool" but its very unrealistic. I've got WWII sniper weapons that are almost 70 years old, and the crosshairs look just like they did the day they were made. The outer glass of a sniper scope could get scratched up of course, but if it did, the soldier would promptly replace it if possible.

Upvote 0