• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Can we pull them all together

PrivateJazz

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 14, 2006
London
How great would it be if the engine for DH, MN, CC and RO all ran under one Game engine.

Seeing how these mods have been put together and how it utilises the unreal engine, it should definitely be possible???

CC and MN, have not been as popular as DH (no offence to the CC and MN guys) but wouldn't it be great to be able to follow the war from beginning to end, on whatever front you liked (we could even do a Paciifc war!!!).

We don't play straight RO much anymore in our clan, but I know we'd love to play a few maps occasionally. How amazing it would be to assault the Hurtegen one moment, and the role over the Konigplatz in the T34 the next.

If there is a god of gaming, please could he/she/it make this happen.

This has already been posted by the powers to be. MN and DH will NEVER do what CC has done, they could have easily done this when they made their MODS but decided to do otherwise. CC is the ONLY MOD that stays true to having RO play exactly the same but with the additions of CC which in my opinion I wish they all would have done.

The other MODS are trying to take the game into their own direction, similar to what RO MOD was in the beginning by taking the Unreal game and making it WWII.

Everyone agrees they wish it was as simple as firing up RO and being able to play all the MODS without changing anything. As a server admin I agree as well but having to put up a dedicated server just for MN ONLY or DH ONLY is not really worth it when you already have a RO/CC server running with 100's of customs as well.

Our server 2Mannys has almost every single Custom map out there with the addition of the Standards and the addition of CC. This makes for a server with so much content to play that RO will never get stale. All we need now is the players to fill the server and try out those great customs...

Personally I haven't even downloaded MN or DH because it's useless to run your own server if you aren't going to play on it, that's also why you'll never see me in any of the other servers, when you already have everything you need, there just isn't any reason.

Upvote 0
Our server 2Mannys has almost every single Custom map out there with the addition of the Standards and the addition of CC. This makes for a server with so much content to play that RO will never get stale. All we need now is the players to fill the server and try out those great customs...

Everybody has it's own taste. But your server is a perfect example why I'm against integration of the mods into RO. If I want to play DH, MH or CC, I don't want to wait for the map rotation (which could even take hours if you have 100 maps installed :eek:) until one of the mod maps is played.

If it would be possible to make the mod servers visible with the RO server browser and beeing able to join them without switching the game it would be great though. But please keep mod servers as mod servers only and RO servers as RO servers and don't mix everything up. :)

Upvote 0
as long as a mod can substain its own community then i believe its best not to integrate them into the game. CC did what was best for it, as they are a small add-on to the game. and as you see they have practically been drowned into RO.
we want that the people who play DH have chosen to play it, and not because its in a rotation.
we think we have worked hard enough and plan on doing even more for our mod, that we are able and that we deserve to keep our mod separate.
making it separate is a gamble, integration is the easy and less dangerous path. but it's never as rewarding

Upvote 0
I don't want to wait for the map rotation (which could even take hours if you have 100 maps installed :eek:) until one of the mod maps is played.

There is no map rotation all maps are able to be voted on. With 100's of maps it's up to the players within the server to choose what map they want to play. If the majority wants to play a CC map it is, if they want to play a Standard, it is again, or if they want a Custom.

This is why RO will never get stale on a server set up this way because there is so much variety, from one map you can be playing one of the largest tank map Customs, then when finished everyone picks a CC map, then back to an old Standard. If DH, MN were integrated it would be the same thing.

Some maps stink and some MODS don't even have but 1 or 2 good maps out of the many they make. Not only this when a map is really bad and a majority vote that is should be removed from our server it gets removed for those wanting new content it also gets added to the server.

I've heard good and bad about all the MODS of course I can only say what CC has myself because I have yet to see the others but I've heard about only one good map here or there, I love the fact that they added new countries etc. and different fronts, it's just too bad that very few people will ever see any of it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
as long as a mod can substain its own community then i believe its best not to integrate them into the game. CC did what was best for it, as they are a small add-on to the game. and as you see they have practically been drowned into RO.
we want that the people who play DH have chosen to play it, and not because its in a rotation.
we think we have worked hard enough and plan on doing even more for our mod, that we are able and that we deserve to keep our mod separate.
making it separate is a gamble, integration is the easy and less dangerous path. but it's never as rewarding

CC has been the most complete and polished add-on to the game to date. DH has a lot of material which is nice, it just gets a little disappointing when playing on the stock maps due to the lack of spawn protection and otherwise general player bounds across the map. A lot of work has gone into all of the mods though and it would be convenient if they all went CC's way (I personally don't think there is a wrong and right way to integrate it into the game) but they did not and we will just have to deal with it

Upvote 0