• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Disabling Reinforcements

Captain Wilson

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 2, 2008
I've just read several tutorials on making Mutators, and I've come to the conclusion that I now know the basics, but I need to find the source before I can modify it.

I would like to be able to disable reinforcements in my server. Before some of you guys get heated, I'd like to point out that this is only for clan practices and I would not leave it on 24/7.

Basically, I need to know where in the source it controls giving reinforcements. I think from there I'll be able to create a mutator to alter that.

I'm trying to get it round-like, where you only have one life, then you can restart the game and have your next life once everyone dies, etc.

Thanks for the help guys

You can control the number of tanks and personnel via the map\levels spawn actors. You just need to go into the editor. As I recall you can set the max number of respawns for either. For vehicles this number can be set or reset in the vehicle factory actor. For soldiers, you can set max number of respawns (reinforcements), but I would need to look again which actor needs to be tweaked for max body count for a map\level.

Spawn actors may be set to allow 100-reinforcements or 10-reinforcements -- or whatever the number. For most maps\levels this number is pretty high so you never run out of bodies. But you can reset it much lower for the specifics of whatever it is you might be trying to model for a given map. If the number is lower -- or your playing with bots and they are dying in droves -- you will see a message pop up saying your running low on reinforcements -- or your out or reinforcements. If you kill all the reinforcements\respawns than the scenario ends.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You can control the number of tanks and personnel via the map\levels spawn actors. You just need to go into the editor. As I recall you can set the max number of respawns for either. For vehicles this number can be set or reset in the vehicle factory actor. For soldiers, you can set max number of respawns (reinforcements), but I would need to look again which actor needs to be tweaked for max body count for a map\level.

Spawn actors may be set to allow 100-reinforcements or 10-reinforcements -- or whatever the number. For most maps\levels this number is pretty high so you never run out of bodies. But you can reset it much lower for the specifics of whatever it is you might be trying to model for a given map. If the number is lower -- or your playing with bots and they are dying in droves -- you will see a message pop up saying your running low on reinforcements -- or your out or reinforcements. If you kill all the reinforcements\respawns than the scenario ends.
But if you modify this, everyone would have to download the map...I'm trying to do it with a mutator, ya know?

Bolt, I appreciate you asking around. It means a lot.

Upvote 0

Infantry (or even tanker) pawn actors do NOT control number of reinforcements - this number is set in the level info. The number of vehicles that spawn is set for each spawn actor, however.

Upvote 0
Infantry (or even tanker) pawn actors do NOT control number of reinforcements - this number is set in the level info. The number of vehicles that spawn is set for each spawn actor, however.

Right. I have tinkered with the Tank Factory spawn settings and knew the number of respawns could be adjusted. I wanted to see if I could actually limit the numbers of uber-tanks appearing on a given map\level.

I knew actual soldiers\tankers can run out. I discovered this accidentally when fiddling about with Player Start point properties. I accidentally set several player start points with -- shall we say -- rather high altitudes. While playing in practice mode each time a bot respawned I would get a message saying something about Roam or Fredrich falling to their death. I thought -- how very odd that so many bots are jumping off cliffs -- is my map really that bad that even the robots don't want to play?

When about 60 bots fell to their death the game suddenly ended saying something to the effect that I was out of reinforcements. This lesson taught me two very important things:

1) There are a limited number of respawns.
2) Actually pay attention to the rebuild error messages :rolleyes: and double check the Z coordinates of your player start properties.

Best regards
Jeff

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There was this Chinese clan, I think the realism mutator Bolt is talking about was their project. I have never seen it in action though. Too bad, it's a cool idea. It might be too late for this now though.:( Maps might also become a problem, they're not made for such gameplay (except a few like Koitos).

If you make it work and put it on a server please post its name and IP in this thread. I'd like to try it.

Upvote 0
OK, I've talked to Walker from my clan and he said MutROMapVariables mutator was used to achieve 1 life per round gameplay.
There you can tweak the time of respawn. If you want to give players only 1 life, you must put it longer than the round's time.
I can see possible troubles using it on public servers though - if a player connects during the round, he won't be able to respawn, probably.
You can find this mutator here.
http://www.ostfrontcampaign.org/mutes/

Upvote 0