• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What distincts Ro from other Shooters

That even happens to me in Halo 2 and Far Cry Instincts both of which I play in splitscreen (=no lag) and I don't think there are bullet physics there either.
Weird, isn't it?

Well, in Halo, while there's not really full ballistics like RO, there is some projectile travel time for a good deal of the weapons. Think of the Needler, you can see those coming at you. The same is true for the plasma rifles and such.

Upvote 0
Well moments like these do:

Basically i was playing the Vedzime (or whatever it's name) map. And as Germans we were assaulting the church. Having a SMG i had to rush forward. Coming from the corner i saw a russian with a nagant, seconds later two fires were heard and our bodies dropped heavily to the ground :D

coolroxg8.jpg

Uuuhh.. That has happened to me several times in many shooters, even Counter-Strike 1.6 !

Upvote 0
Uuuhh.. That has happened to me several times in many shooters, even Counter-Strike 1.6 !

Really, i never seen nothing like this in CS and i played it for 5 years like crazy, even in DoD never saw it, anyways maybe i was mistaken that it only happens in RO but for me i never experienced something like that in any other game i played.

Upvote 0
Can you seriously just stop burying your head in the sand? You have a thread full of people calling you an idiot, yet you continue to ask for evidence even after you admitted that you had no idea what TF2 was!

Holy hell. RO is unique in many ways, this is not one of them. Deal with it.

And -- I was playing with Deeival, and saw it happen. He isn't making it up.

Upvote 0
when ppl get shot in real life, except for brainheadshots, they dont just fall down like a ragdoll. it takes some seconds to realise, and leaves you time to fire back and kill your killer.

Sorry SchutzeSepp. That is in movies. IRL when hit by something like a .303 round, the impact usually knocks you up so bad that even if you stood for a second or two more, You usually don't know what is happening. Let alone take aim and shoot back. I forget how to calculate it all out, but can be supported a bit better when you get the weight of the projectile, the velocity and the tissue density it is striking. Then allow for the fact that as cells, organs and nerves are shredded in a split second and the body instantly goes into shock to try to preserve life (be it to no avail), then proper perception and conciousness as such is no more.;)

Upvote 0
Sorry SchutzeSepp. That is in movies. IRL when hit by something like a .303 round, the impact usually knocks you up so bad that even if you stood for a second or two more, You usually don't know what is happening. Let alone take aim and shoot back. I forget how to calculate it all out, but can be supported a bit better when you get the weight of the projectile, the velocity and the tissue density it is striking. Then allow for the fact that as cells, organs and nerves are shredded in a split second and the body instantly goes into shock to try to preserve life (be it to no avail), then proper perception and conciousness as such is no more.;)

It is movie stuff in general, but I wouldn't say it is exactly impossible event to happen IRL. Unlikely, but not impossible. Odds are just against us :p

Upvote 0