• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Options for server Admins in future patches

Bump.

I'd love the ability to manually add a Global ID ban to the ban list instead of being limited to adding IP ban. This is my number 1 complaint because I have to wait until the weekly server reboots to add bans to our other servers.

More reliable server logging. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when the server log is going to restart while the server is running. I've semi-solved the problem by running the chat logging and filtering options in the ServerEXT mut. The downside is that it creates 2(chat and player join) logs on every map change. Nothing like having to wade through 3000+ logs to look up a player chatting and getting his global ID.

Is it possible to look into incorporating the ServrEXT mod into the game and fully optimizing it to work with RO?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback guys. We've recently hired 2 additional programmers at Tripwire (finally) so we should have more bandwidth for working on stuff like this. One thing I would ask, if there are mutators that already perform the functionality that you want and you just want something similar officially integrated, could you list the name of the mutator? And if Butch could update the main list with the mutator names that would be great.

Just to let you all know we have added a couple of server admin related features for the upcoming patch as well. Here is what we've added:

16) Ability to blackout specator modes upon choice. And fixing that people can go freeroam on locked 1st person view, when the one they spectate dies.

We've implemented additional functionality that should do what server admins are looking for. First off, we have fixed the bug where poeple end up able to free-roam when the person they are spectating dies. We've also integrated functionality similar to the "black-out" mutator directly into the game so admins will no longer need to use the mutator. We've also added additional functionality such as being able to black out the view when the player isn't locked in first person view when spectating (such as right after they die) while still allowing players to NOT be blacked out when locked in first person view. More details on how to set up the new options will come out at release time.

32) The ability to reset scores and the wins in the menu after every round. (for clanmatches)

If I understand this correctly, we've added an in-game admin command that can do this for the next patch.

33) The ability to restart a round, without restarting the map.
If I understand this correctly, we've added an in-game admin command that can do this for the next patch.

Upvote 0
tomorrow when i get home i'll go on a search and make a nice list for you of mutators that already do certain functions for ut2k4 :).

Already love the changes so far. Especially something like UT2Vote would come in handy now it seems, because that way admins won't need to recognize all the serverconsole commands but could use the extention of the voting menu with a admin/match setup tab and just setup settings there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
6) Ability to use multiple redirect servers without setting up a forwarding http thingy
this can be done with PHP, i got some very old script for that , Zetsumei - interested?

Serverbalance
i would add also a 'shuffle players' feature, to mix good and newbie players together for even teams.

RO Statistics
expand or fix a mutator that logs all say chat - public and private. I mean of course text messages and not voice comm.

Spam/Advertising
add the COLORS, or tell e how to do it without runnind another proglram on widnows ;D !!

Expand options in webadmin with Access policies, so admins can for example change some server settings but would be unable to change some cricial cvars - in example allow them to change hostname but block the maxplayers name. Just rights should be more detailed.

Upvote 0
this can be done with PHP, i got some very old script for that , Zetsumei - interested?

I know you can do it with generic wits of how things work there are lots of combined redirects. But the rotv features you to just fill in more redirects in the ini. Would make things pretty easy. Beside its not my wishlist i just combined things ;P

Upvote 0
Option to add Timestamp to the entries in the logfiles.

Another thing with logs: Is it possible to adjust the "cachesize" for logdumps? The default seems to be 4096 bytes. This means that the server dont update the current logfile until the cache is full. Sometimes there can be a long time between logupdates, and you get logfiles that misses the last part when you restart the server. This makes troubleshooting server-issues harder.
Would be better if it was possible to make it update the log more often.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok, it may be to late for the upcoming patch ... but maybe in some of the next ones.

I like two things to be added:

1) A command to set the proportion of the teams ( like in Battlefield 1942 ). For example if you have a 32 player server an you set the team proportion to 2:3 Axis:Allies, there will be 13 Axis (bots) against 19 Allied (bots).

2) Seperate settings (max. players, win limit, map time, etc.) per map! I like to have all maps in the rotation, but there are maps, which are not playable for example with 32 players ...

Upvote 0