• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What about new classes?

Zocko

Dec 15, 2006
Germany
Volkssturmmann and Partisan, new classes equiped with bolt-rifles (2clips of ammo) and on German side 1 Faust and the Russian side 2 grenades and a pistol. Lower endurance cause they are old men or just untrained.They could be available for the defensive side of a map and the rifleman could get limited.
Soldiers of the WeaponSS and NKDW with higher endurance and free choice of first weapon (excluding mg and sniperrifle) maybe new nade "Geballte Ladung" (compact charge?) or "Hohlladung" (hollow charge?)on german side and 2 smoke nades and 2 normal ones for the soviet.
What do you guys think?

I could like the idea of partisans and volksturm if done correctly, like maybe the partisans having a panzerfaust and a pistol, or a rifle and a grenade.

What I wouldn't like is the uber 1337 waffen ss with the endurance boost and free choice of weapon. That is silly. The Waffen SS shouldn't be a 3-4 man thing in a match anyways. If there were certain kinds of troops, it should be pre-assigned thing. The waffen SS weren't elite troopers assigned to Wehrmacht units. And the Waffen SS didn't have a free choice in weapon as did any other soldier in ww2. (unless they had connections)

Those are just a few reasons, but what I would like is actual SS models for games, as do I luftwaffe.

Upvote 0
The Waffen-SS had the best weapons, in Germany, and they were the first ones to be armed with 'em, like fx. STG44, G43, Panzerfaust 100-150, Mod.39 Eihandgranate and the Mod.42 Nebeleihandgranate. But mostly Waffen-SS served as Panzer Granadiers, (Waffen-SS Panzer Division Wiking fx.) who were supporting the German Panzer, or they were leading the attack, or put into critical points at the front, were the Wehrmacht had trouble. Waffen-SS were also some of the last remaning fighting units in Berlin, toghetter with the low-armed Volkssturm/granadiers.

Upvote 0
No, it's like Recce said. In the beginning they were for a large part equipped with looted or outdated weaponry like ZB-26, ZB-30, Mauser C96 etc... it was only in the second half of the war that they received priority.

But with only 16 players per side i don't think we should add more classes, although maybe a Volkssturm or Partizan map would be nice.

Upvote 0
what would be great on konigsplatz would be german child soldiers, like 10-15 years old

index.jpg

Upvote 0
what would be great on konigsplatz would be german child soldiers, like 10-15 years old

index.jpg

alltough it would be historically correct and pretty cool, it would be critisziced by alot of those annoying watch groups, who would go like " this is scandalous!" "it's turning our kids into murderers" or "that game makes you kill kids"

afterall, there are no kids walking on the streets in grand theft auto, are there?

Upvote 0
alltough it would be historically correct and pretty cool, it would be critisziced by alot of those annoying watch groups, who would go like " this is scandalous!" "it's turning our kids into murderers" or "that game makes you kill kids"

afterall, there are no kids walking on the streets in grand theft auto, are there?
Regardless those "watchmen" I wouldn

Upvote 0
I believe these new classes would pretty much work only if we would have a map specifically designed for them. I am quite sure it would look rather funny to have partisans capturing Konigsplatz and stuff.

So partisans would work in some specifically designed ambush map. And old\young people would work in a map specifically designed for that, but I wonder how it would go with the generic morale of players.

Upvote 0

Yeah and there are no kids getting shot by both US and Insurgents in Iraq.............

Note: this was sarcasm

Upvote 0
I think introducing kids/old folks/whores/whatever would be taking things a little too far. Even in the name of historical accuracy. Killing a child soldier I imagine was an extremely upsetting thing for a soldier to do. And it's not something that RO should even approach.

Excuse, me? "Whores"? What the **** is with this place? Is it just full of ****ing fascist gun-nut misogynists or something? FFS.

Upvote 0