• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Demo of Red Orchestra

Well here's a gameplay video I found on YouTube. It represents fairly well what the game feels like when you play it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFEXQKK2Kvo

Oh and as for FPS. You'll need at least 1GB RAM, a 3GHz CPU and a 256MB Graphics card if you want decent FPS.

Not quite true. I'll vouch for the troubled game play on 512mb (at least, that was the case some months ago). But now I'm playing just fine with a 1.73-ghz Pentium M and an Intel laptop video with shared memory.

Upvote 0
Hmm, well maybe it varies with the different hardware companies etc then. Because my rig is pretty much what I posted, and I usually get low to medium FPS (20-40) depending on the map. Some maps like Mahknovo_village give me almost constant red, whereas others give me purple-yellow-green.

Well anyway, make sure you have at least what's put down as recommended for the game.

Upvote 0
That is one of the reasons why I like to try out the demo first, I can see if my hardware is sufficient. I have somewhat similar configuration to Boogerhead, I have Pentium M 1,8 GHz 512 MB ram(to be upgraded soon) and ATI Radeon X300 64 MB ram. I can play Raven Shield smoothly with max graphics configuration but I had to minimise some options in Hidden and Dangerous 2 to run OK. Soo I assume RO should run smoothly aswell but ofcorse I don't expect to have the graphical setting to max level.

I never before used Steam, well I played Half Life 2 on a friends computer, man HL2 pathetic game, need to shoot the fliying thing 3 times with the rocket to be destoryed, just lame. And when I shot the bad guy in the head and seen a blood spatter on the wall behind him and he was still shooting at me I tought I was going to vomit.

Anyway, I am checking out Steam, soo for 24.95 $ + tax one can download RO and play it? That's it? Wow, that is good price I expected something in range of 40+ $. What if I format my hard drive can I re-download the game for free?

Upvote 0
That is one of the reasons why I like to try out the demo first, I can see if my hardware is sufficient. I have somewhat similar configuration to Boogerhead, I have Pentium M 1,8 GHz 512 MB ram(to be upgraded soon) and ATI Radeon X300 64 MB ram. I can play Raven Shield smoothly with max graphics configuration but I had to minimise some options in Hidden and Dangerous 2 to run OK. Soo I assume RO should run smoothly aswell but ofcorse I don't expect to have the graphical setting to max level.

I never before used Steam, well I played Half Life 2 on a friends computer, man HL2 pathetic game, need to shoot the fliying thing 3 times with the rocket to be destoryed, just lame. And when I shot the bad guy in the head and seen a blood spatter on the wall behind him and he was still shooting at me I tought I was going to vomit.

Anyway, I am checking out Steam, soo for 24.95 $ + tax one can download RO and play it? That's it? Wow, that is good price I expected something in range of 40+ $. What if I format my hard drive can I re-download the game for free?

As long as you still have your steam account information you can install it whenever, whereever and how many times you please.

But I'm not sure about your hardware there. I'd say you might be able to play it, but you'll have to play on lowest setting and you'll probably have problems with lag etc.

Seeing as that Pentium M worked for other people I guess it should work for you too, but that graphics card needs an upgrade. The game lagged for me with 128MB VRAM. (Although I know some people can play with 128MB card without lag.)

So, get at least 256MB more RAM and a better graphics card and you'll be fine.

Upvote 0
Hmm, well maybe it varies with the different hardware companies etc then. Because my rig is pretty much what I posted, and I usually get low to medium FPS (20-40) depending on the map. Some maps like Mahknovo_village give me almost constant red, whereas others give me purple-yellow-green.

Well anyway, make sure you have at least what's put down as recommended for the game.

which 256mb card do you have then? because thats really low.
if its a ATI try turning off the A.I. function.

Upvote 0
Great to hear that I could be able to d/l game again.

Well there is only one way to find out weather or not my hardware is sufficient or not. It is very difficult if not impossible to upgrade a graphics card on a laptop. But I do have minimal requirements, does that mean that the game will run smoothly on minimal settings?

Upvote 0
Well I did download Raven Shield demo, liked it and bought the retail version in the store after 3 days of playing the demo.

Now, I tried Battlefield 2142 Since I think it comes from the developers of Hidden and Dangerous which is an awesome game. But Battlefield 2142 is a disaster. The wapons are just badly done, come on, the rocket launcher for example is totaly wrong, and the missile should have a velocity of at least 400 km/h that is about 110 m/s that is *click* and the missile should be half way accross the map sadly it doesn't work that way in the game. In Ghost Recon the missile launcher is correctly done. And also the rest of weapons are just... and how you hold the knife is just to rofl, come on, no one would even think of holding the knife as it is displayed in the game - like an ice pick grap. What I hate the most is that I shoot the dude 4 times in the back with my SMG - his health drops to 20 % then he falls to the ground turns toward me and kills me with his support weapon. WTF? Soo I deleted the battlefield demo after a few days of playing. I don't see how anyone could play this game.

The Battlefield series does not come from the creators of Hidden and Dangerous. very wrong there:rolleyes:

if you like OFP, GR, and the R6 games, you will like RO.
i own OFP, GR, and the most of R6 games, and a lot of that comes back to RO.
meaning, 1 shot kills/deaths, leaning, ironsights ( in RO ONLY IronSights, no crosshair, + your weapon will point in different directions each time so hipshots dont work as good as in other games )
and like in OFP, gore. thank god for that :p war aint clean so RO isnt either. and there is ingame swearing, too :D i got totally immersed in a round of Kaukasus, where russians are defending a hilltop castle-thing, and the germans are going up the mountain trying to take it. MG's rattling, the cracks of rifle fire, and looking around you you see people reloading while swearing at the cursed communists up the mountain, how they are going to get them and insulting them:eek: then get blown up by a grenade, and you see them rolling down the hill, all bloody and messed up:eek: or direct artillery hits completely destroying entire bodies, those things just tear a man apart till there's nothing left if it hits close enough:D
imagine OFP with ECP mod, its very immersive and in your face, but not in an action way, and it feels real:eek:

to put it simple, OFP and RO are in my top 3 games. ( together with battlezone 1 cause you can build a base there while flying through and defending it and attack with your troops and such inyour own battletank )
all pure quality

Upvote 0
Well here's a gameplay video I found on YouTube. It represents fairly well what the game feels like when you play it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFEXQKK2Kvo

Oh and as for FPS. You'll need at least 1GB RAM, a 3GHz CPU and a 256MB Graphics card if you want decent FPS.
I get descent FPS (~30) on my 1,4GHz Pentium 4, 768MB RDRAM PC-1066 and a 128MB GeForce FX 5200 Ultra.

Nonsense indeed.

Upvote 0
Reply to Cerberus

3Ghz + 1gig ram + 256mb videocard should run the game VERY WELL.

Unless you have a mid range P4 with a 533mhz bus and a 256mb low end card (such as a diamond stealth) [Yet it should still play the game VERY Well on 1024x768]

Check out the tweaks in support.. they do make a good difference.

Examples

I run an old 3000XP+ @333FSB (2.2Ghz) 1500ram and a 6600GT128mb
1280X720 MOST settings high and I have 30 to 50fps (too lazy for tweaks) :D

Friend of mine
2400XP @266FSB (2.0Ghz) 1024mb ram and a Geforce4TI4200 DirectX8.1
1024x768 Most settings high and he has to my surprise better FPS then myself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0