• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Working ROTV in the coming patch!!!

[TW]Ramm-Jaeger

Tripwire Interactive President
Oct 11, 2005
www.redorchestragame.com
Usually we wait for the release to announce stuff like this, but a lot of clan, ladders, and leagues were asking about this, so I figure I'll just spill the beans now. I've tracked down the problems that were preventing ROTV from working. So as of the coming patch, ROTV will be completely functional!!! For those of you that don't know what ROTV is, it is a way to set up a special proxy server that LOTS of spectators can connect to and watch RO matches. A primary client connects and acts like the "cameraman", and then the additional clients spectate the match from the cameraman. This should be really great for the upcoming ladder and competitive play events, as well as clan matches. For those of you familiar with UT2004, this is similar to the functionality of UTV for UT. Anyway, dust off those monitors and let the competive match watching begin :)

This may help: http://www.redorchestra.it/rotv.htm
It's based on the current imperfect implimentation, so I am unsure how accurate it will be for the full working thing.
(Shamelessly stolen from the www.roladder.net website - all thanks to Worluk and Yakuza)

I don't know what that is Lonyo, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the in-game ROTV. ROTV servers should show up the server browser in-game, and then you just connect to them just like regular servers. This is something that hasn't been functioning in the game before, but will be functioning after the next patch. ROTV server admins just set up ROTV servers, point them to game servers, and then RO clients connect to the ROTV servers to watch the matches.

Upvote 0
I don't know what that is Lonyo, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the in-game ROTV. ROTV servers should show up the server browser in-game, and then you just connect to them just like regular servers. This is something that hasn't been functioning in the game before, but will be functioning after the next patch. ROTV server admins just set up ROTV servers, point them to game servers, and then RO clients connect to the ROTV servers to watch the matches.

Does the ROTV bot use up a player slot on the server it's going to broadcast?
and if sohow many bots can connect to one server?
and can the admins of the server's restrict how many bots can connect to them?

just wondering lol

Upvote 0
will we be able to see guns (when IS is used etc.)?

Not at this point. Due to the way the Unreal engine handles weapon replication by default, your first person weapon info is only known by you and the server. This cuts down on net traffic and server CPU load. There are some ways around this, but we haven't looked to much into adding the extra functionality to the engine yet.

Upvote 0
Not at this point. Due to the way the Unreal engine handles weapon replication by default, your first person weapon info is only known by you and the server. This cuts down on net traffic and server CPU load. There are some ways around this, but we haven't looked to much into adding the extra functionality to the engine yet.

In the web admin options under defaults/Game category they is a switch called RO first person perspective only, when is switched on it will show the persons first person perspective with the gun as you normally see it when ya playing yourself.

Drawback is when this is on that's the only way you can spectate, you cant spectate any other way whilst its on, so no viewpoint views, no 3rd person camera's etc. They is another 1st person perspective mode that is active whilst the 3rd person perspective is on, but his one has no gun in it.

Discovered this by accident.

Upvote 0