• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Eurovision

votelordi.org said:
The term "eurotrash" is redefined yearly in this orgy of tragicomedy.

This qoute is about the Eurovision Song Contest is so true it's sad.

I think this year will be the first time in my life I see more then 5 minutes of Eurovision Song Contest. I might even vote, since it will be the first time ESC actually features real music.

Upvote 0
Neuraxis said:
Lordi suck, but I hope they win, because they're far more interesting than what I've ever seen before in the contest.
Nah, I think it was austria that had the most interesting song so far, I think it was in 2002 or 2003. It was the one where they had teddybears and stuff on stage. Probably one of the more psychedelic performances I've ever seen on ESC. Saw it a few days after the show, when the good parts started cropping up on the internet :)

Upvote 0
Arete said:
Nah, I think it was austria that had the most interesting song so far, I think it was in 2002 or 2003. It was the one where they had teddybears and stuff on stage. Probably one of the more psychedelic performances I've ever seen on ESC. Saw it a few days after the show, when the good parts started cropping up on the internet :)
It was Alf Poier in 2003. He scored very high for austrian music, with rank 6. And about him being psychedelic: Well, yes he is. In his home, he has a room where all the furniture is attached to the ceiling!
And he is one of the most successfull contemporary comedians. His participation in ESC was merely an act of mocking the contest, and especially the Austrian way to send mediocre "easy listening" musicians to the contest. And as he scored higher than any austrian participant except Udo J

Upvote 0