• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Do people really dislike this game?

Ah, that means you've got no girlfriend *rofl*

Hell, I would buy a new mouse, but there is no great 5-button-mouse I really want. My old mouse is just perfect except its lack of accuracy @ micromoves. In every game I play, I'm good with it, except RO:O. Why buying a new mouse for ONE Game ? Its easier (and cheaper) for me to avoid long-range-maps / or play them only as tankcrew in a tank.

Upvote 0
Captain Data said:
Hell, I would buy a new mouse, but there is no great 5-button-mouse I really want. My old mouse is just perfect except its lack of accuracy @ micromoves. In every game I play, I'm good with it, except RO:O. Why buying a new mouse for ONE Game ? Its easier (and cheaper) for me to avoid long-range-maps / or play them only as tankcrew in a tank.

But how is this different from anything in online gaming? If you have better computer, you have advantage against people who has crappy comp, simple as that. If you don't want to buy better hardware, it's your problem, not the games or TW's for that matter. If you don't like it, go buy Xbox360 and play games online with it, where everyone has same basics.

And for the one who said RO is full of fanboys, and this game isn't so good - no one would buy if it they would have get change to test it.
Why are there fanboys? Because people liked/likes this, they are not here to "prove" anything just simply enjoin the game, that's all. If this game would suck, how come theres a lot of new players all the time, and why are we here?
I don't tend to be with things I don't like.

Upvote 0
STEELHED said:
And Busterking and toonarmy's posts go uncontested.. This is because, the very few that play this game can't handle the SIMPLEST of unfavorable view of their beloved niche game... Many are susceptible to blind faith. Not anyone had anything to say regarding these two guys posts... There is no denying it... Cumon, lets hear some more from the fanboys about how this game is the best thing since sliced bread... Anyone still want TW to put out a demo? Anyone? "Daauhdaauh, Yeaouuu just dddddont like rrrrrealism". LoL If realism means stickmen gliding across the landscape, yeah, maybe i'm not cut out for that type of realism... Unless you're micheal jackson.. Just too many amateur elements to this MOD gone retail...

BusterKing is waiting for a fix or solution to a problem he and others have encountered, let's hope he gets it soon, but in the meantime his view of things is understandable.
ToonArmy was only stating his game preference for COD2. Personally, I really enjoyed the single player missions in the COD2 game (short as they were), but I think COD2 multiplayer doesn't stand up to RO.

As far as blind faith is concerned, I didn't even know about the game (or even the mod) till the beginning of March this year. I haven't noticed the few things you mentioned STEELHED. I don't see stickmen gliding across the battlefield like Micheal Jackson (eewww). I like the way the weapons handle, I like the fact you can't or have a hard time killing someone from a distance with an smg, I like the realistic reload times, I could go on. I don't know what type of game you prefer, but I must say I don't care for the way the bread is sliced that I buy in the store (too thin), so I will say it is better than sliced bread!

Seriously, Red Orchestra has the potential to be an incredible game. I really love it, the realism they have attempted to capture, suppression effects seem perfect, etc...This is not a game for run'n'gunners which is a big plus with me. There were a few things I thought weren't quite right (such as operating the Tiger, but once you learn how to angle your tank, place your shots, etc, it is powerful) but with playing it more, those things fade or were my imagination.

If this game gets the support of the mod community like the game Call of Duty did (such as from the AfterHourz folks :) ), I think people will be playing this for years. I hope this is the case (come on sdk release!).

Upvote 0
Captain Data said:
Ah, that means you've got no girlfriend *rofl*

Nice attempt at a cheap shot, but I'm one of those guys everybody hates; I have the great kind of girlfriend who buys me gaming related stuff as gifts. Guitar Hero is this years bday present :D

Hell, I would buy a new mouse, but there is no great 5-button-mouse I really want. My old mouse is just perfect except its lack of accuracy @ micromoves.

ADJUST YOUR DAMN SETTINGS. If a mate of mine can be a top playing in the twitch fest known as CS:S with a Microsoft Optical Mouse, then there's no excuses.

In every game I play, I'm good with it, except RO:O. Why buying a new mouse for ONE Game ? Its easier (and cheaper) for me to avoid long-range-maps / or play them only as tankcrew in a tank.

So instead the whole game needs to be changed to suit your needs? I like your fantasy planet.

RO isn't like other games.

Enough is enough. You're just getting boring now.

Upvote 0
Captain Data said:
About that Pixel-Hunting: Even in Reality Rifles had only a limited effective range. Okay, 600m are great, but afaik there is NO Private, no "Gefreiter" that was able to kill at that range. Except he got his hands on a scoped rifle. But then he's called a Sniper.

Slightly Offtopic...

And then again there was reserve corporal Simo H

Upvote 0
CaptRio said:

The first link is a list of fixable problems.

The second link has alot to do with zone alarm and other problems that may or may not be related to RO

The third link is mostly anal complaining and whinng with some minor glitches reported.

The game does have some bugs. This release seems pretty typical of PC game releases. The only differance is that we have a better chance of getting bugs fixed promptly.

I can not speak for everyone but as for me I have yet to run across a bug. I have seen a few graphical glitches but nothing major.

My only two complaints are 1)player animations could be better. 2)There are not enough players to populate enough servers.

Upvote 0
Elwood_Hirsch said:
The first link is a list of fixable problems.

The second link has alot to do with zone alarm and other problems that may or may not be related to RO

The third link is mostly anal complaining and whinng with some minor glitches reported.

The game does have some bugs. This release seems pretty typical of PC game releases. The only differance is that we have a better chance of getting bugs fixed promptly.

I can not speak for everyone but as for me I have yet to run across a bug. I have seen a few graphical glitches but nothing major.

My only two complaints are 1)player animations could be better. 2)There are not enough players to populate enough servers.

Some of us have a MAJOR BUG when we can't play the game.

The links were given to you, enough said.

Upvote 0
Captain Data said:
This guy was NOT the standard Private. He was great with his Rifle, he knowed every inch, every notch of his rifle, and so on.

This is alot like myself and others who have learned to use the rifles well. Also, I do it with a standard dell optical that came with my pc. The thing is terrible and skips like crazy yet I do fine with it.

CaptainData said:
But the standard Private was just ... erm yes - Canonfodder.;)

This is you. I don't know why you are terrible as a rifleman but it is not the game. So quit whining about it already.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
BoltActionJackson said:
Yes, and every pc game released has a few people who cannot play it due to technical issues. Unfortuntate but a fact of life. Enough said.
Exactly, thanks BoltActionJackson, that's why I said this release seems typical of most PC game releases.

And I asked Kalshnikov Slamdunk to list the overabundance of bugs HE was experiencing.

Upvote 0
This is the best FPS I've ever played. The only complaint I have is we need MORE MAPS!

I have seen no bugs that are worth getting worked up about. I understand a few people can't play the game at all, which would suck, but for anyone who CAN load the game, it should be working pretty well.

Someone earlier complained about missing people at point blank range. The key to this game is to ONLY play on servers with low ping. For some reason, high latency (over 100) = REALLY bad hit recognition. Do NOT attempt to play this game on a server that you have over 100 ping to. In fact, I wouldn't recommend it over 60 or so.

If you aren't sure, simply fire your weapon into a wall. If a lot of the bullets aren't registering hits, then get off that server ASAP. Otherwise, your gameplay experience is going to SUCK HARD.

Call me a fanboi all you like. This game is friggen awesome.

Upvote 0
BoltActionJackson said:
This is alot like myself and others who have learned to use the rifles well. Also, I do it with a standard dell optical that came with my pc. The thing is terrible and skips like crazy yet I do fine with it.

This is you. I don't know why you are terrible as a rifleman but it is not the game. So quit whining about it already.:rolleyes:

I do not whine anymore. I crush you with my almost-invincible T34/85. There is no reason to be Rifleman if you can drive a tank.

BTW: I speak for reality. And that means that only ONE of THOUSAND Soldiers was that good as that soldier. Why do everyone try to be a damn hero in a game ? I don't wanna be a hero, I wanna survive and help my team. If I'm useless as a Soldier, gimme a Tank and I'm 10 times as useful as an Elite-Soldier.

Upvote 0