• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Wheres the beef? I mean players...

bigtuna690

Sep 2, 2011
So, I had the good computer/bad performance issue... but reformating with a nice cean version of windows 7 fixed that. So now i run game just great but WHERE DID EVERYONE GO..... I mean i can find a couple servers with decent pings and no bots but seems like community has dropped off.... whats up ?

Skyrim and the Star wars mmo has done this to many games .When the new wears off they will be back.I play Swtor but for me real pvp is in fps's and ro2 is still my choice.My playtime has been down alot but i still find time for some RO action.

First the blame was put on BF3 and MW3, now on TOR... what's next? The Mayans? ;)

Upvote 0
I'm one of the players that played BF3/Skyrim for a while and got bored with them. I'm now waiting for the upcoming game changes in RO2 because this is my long term main game like RO and DH were. I'm sure there will be more players like me returning as soon as the gameplay changes will be implemented.

This game will never be mainstream though, the game's faulty launch just did too much damage to the game's immage I'm affraid. I don't think this game will ever peak like it did just after launch, too many people were disapointed. 1st impression is very important in gaming.

Upvote 0
SHELLSHOCKER...
Why Red Orchestra 2 will beat Call of duty: Black Ops.

Haha, and another ha.

The COD players must be really dissapointed with the Relaxed Realism mode in RO2.

*NOTE* Its no one to blame except TWI. People play what they like. Its not like people completely ditch a game just because another one is released. I still play a lot of old games and I do it because I enjoy them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
CoD players left because RO2 is: ugly, buggy, slow paced, boring, has small community/playerbase, "german AK" isn't that fun like CoD's AK, too difficult, maps are way too big, game doesn't have enough unlocks and again game looks like CoD 2.

BF players left because RO2 isn't even half as good as Battlefield 3 (why the hell BF players would pick RO2 over BF3 ?!).

New customers* were looking for original, WWII tactical combat experience in RO 2, something new and different than "modern warfare" games, but they got cheap and lame CoD clone.

RO players* were looking for improved, better looking RO:O/DH with new features like mantling, bullet penetration, etc real and better successor of award winning Red Orchestra series, but they got cheap and lame CoD clone.

I posted it before but take a note how HoS is similar regarding gameplay to CoD WaW

Call of Duty - World at War ( PC Multiplayer ) - YouTube

*) TWI should create a game for these guys, because they never make a game better than CoD or BF to please other guys.

Upvote 0
I don't play it as often as I thought I would because ROHOS isn't quite what many of us thought we would be getting. Don't get me wrong, I'm not jumping ship to MWBFMOHBCCODWhatever#, if I'm going to play a shooter it will be ROHOS.

Right now I am bouncing back and forth between 'Skyrim' and 'The Witcher 2' and I am enjoying them so far. BUT I will say, if ROHOS was better I would be playing that. I had 'The Witcher (1)' and 'Oblivion' at the same time I had ROOST; never finished 'Oblivion' and it took years to finish 'The Witcher' because I was sooooo busy playing ROOST and I liked 'Oblivion' and absolutely loved 'The Witcher'. That just tells you were ROHOS sits on the satisfaction scale.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bad directional sound
Horrible hit detection
No reload animation when hitting R too quickly after firing off rounds
Few good maps.

That's where this player went: AWAY

Blame it on school, hit titles, whatever. The game sucks as it is right now. Hugely dissapointed.

Do you think there are this many trolls? The forum is filled with pissed off customers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm sorry to say but graphics is an issue with ro2.
I still visit here and play about once a month only.
It's time for some people to be realistic about ro2.
Ro2 had a chance and they blew it at launch.
Ro2 won't gain many fans back with games like bf3 and stars wars old republic out now.
I introduced about 5-8 people to ro2 at launch and they laugh at the game.
I myself think the game is a lot better but its very dull.
Need to add spice to the game.
Tripwire know this and l think there flogging a dead horse if the keep making games with dull graphics and No spice.

Upvote 0
I'm one of the players that played BF3/Skyrim for a while and got bored with them. I'm now waiting for the upcoming game changes in RO2 because this is my long term main game like RO and DH were. I'm sure there will be more players like me returning as soon as the gameplay changes will be implemented.

This game will never be mainstream though, the game's faulty launch just did too much damage to the game's immage I'm affraid. I don't think this game will ever peak like it did just after launch, too many people were disapointed. 1st impression is very important in gaming.
+1,you are so right but many people around here don't agree,saying that the game is perfect,not!

Upvote 0
I don't play it as often as I thought I would because ROHOS isn't quite what many of us thought we would be getting. Don't get me wrong, I'm not jumping ship to MWBFMOHBCCODWhatever#, if I'm going to play a shooter it will be ROHOS.

Right now I am bouncing back and forth between 'Skyrim' and 'The Witcher 2' and I am enjoying them so far. BUT I will say, if ROHOS was better I would be playing that. I had 'The Witcher (1)' and 'Oblivion' at the same time I had ROOST; never finished 'Oblivion' and it took years to finish 'The Witcher' because I was sooooo busy playing ROOST and I liked 'Oblivion' and absolutely loved 'The Witcher'. That just tells you were ROHOS sits on the satisfaction scale.

+1 This for me

- Oblivion
+ Men of War: Assault Squad

I

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's how look tactical cqb

graphic special forces combat up close and personal (afghanistan) - youtube

- they don't run like little bunnies,
- they use cutting the pie technique
- they use cover/blind firing (useless in ro2)
- etc
I'm fairly certain there's a difference between modern-day special forces (Highly trained, planned out attacks with jobs specific for each member of the team) and an army of scared ****less, WW2 soldiers fighting tooth and nail for each floor in a building, each street and trench. Did they have time to create a battle plan like modern-day special forces? Probably not. At least nothing further from "You there! Attack that building with these fifty men! Try not to die and report back to me when it's over.".

Quite a few people already use the "Cutting the pie" technique in game, and to generally good effect. Cover isn't useless in RO2 and while blindfiring is in-effective, that's pretty much how it should be, use it in corridoors and see what happens.

Upvote 0