• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO 2 & What It Means to Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh, Mike Nomad, the true authority on politics and racial issues. :rolleyes: I recall RGN whining and permanently banning members of my unit for playing infantry on tank maps (Could always, I don't know, edit the map to remove infantry roles? Just a thought.).

Given your treatment of my people in the past and your prejudiced and childish views on the world, you can certainly bypass joining our server anytime soon. Not that I would notice either way, since the scattered RGN member that has been on our server in the past never speaks a word in response to a greeting. :)

Upvote 0
Hey, at least its creative and different! ;)

No, no it isn't! It isn't creative and there is nothing different about it either. It's simply ignorance.

Everyone I know avoids your server because of your big mouth and small brain :rolleyes:

Now you've reached out there will be more people doing exactly the same thing.

Upvote 0
I too have dealt with this piece of **** and sat through his rambling. (before I found the mute player option) He's a sad old ****head who thinks that because he can shout louder than the rest of us, his opinions are truth. Kinda reminds me of Bill O'Reilly.

I sat through his bull**** for an entire hour before I plugged my microphone in and told him that he sucks at the game and is an egotistical dick. I was quickly banned. Thank god.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OK guys, regardless of what Mike_Nomad has done/said in the past, at least this thread was started with good intentions. There has been a lot of flaming going around, and he just wanted to say he enjoy's the game!

Fair enough, IMO.

Everybody is free to voice his opinion, and say that he likes or doesn't like the game. However he said that all people that don't like the game just suck at the game, and that the people voicing an opinion of displease are just control freaks.

When throwing around accusations that fit his own profile better than probably all other members of this forum, you can expect a backfire. Similarly in all threads where people say there should be some changes, he just says people should just play on a server where tactical play is encouraged.

His server is run like a small dictatorship (which is his free right), but not every server admin wants to ban people that run and gun, and would rather see some changes made to the game that will make careful play more advantageous than run and gun so people start playing more careful simply because its more effective rather then otherwise getting banned.

Upvote 0
I saw the name who started this thread, and just dismissed the thread as having anything worth reading about, as Mikes opinions on anything are far removed from mine. A friend told me to have a look at the thread as it was enjoyable, and here I am... I cant resist commenting. :p

I remember all to well, being on the RGN RO server, respawning at the same time as Mike Nomad, and hopping into the Tiger which was available at Spawn, and then having him screaming down the VOIP at me to "get out of the damned tank, as the Tiger is my tank, and I pay for the server". I got out of the Tiger, switched sides to Allies and then hunted down that Tiger all over the map (BlackdayJuly) I killed him 3 times while he was in that Tiger during that round, all the time with him spamming the VOIP that he was the best tanker in the world, ad that I was a cheating piece of .... After that 3rd kill of his Tiger, I got perma-banned from his server with no reason given. Now I wasn't bothered about the ban. His server sucks ***, because you will never play against a good player on them, as he bans them all.

Everyone should play on the RGN server, (at least until you get banned) just to experience Mike, so that you can then include yourself in the long list of people that are better than him at the game.

Aside from slating Mike though, Mike is what he is. And he has an opinion on the game which is valid from his viewpoint. He is enjoying it. It meets his needs in some areas, and needs improving in others. Mike isn't a skilled player in my opinion, but RO2 meets many of his needs. TWI should take Mikes opinion onboard and accept that some people like playing RO2 at that skill level. Keep this type of gameplay level, for folks such as Mike.

The fact that I and others in the community dont give a toss what Mike Nomad says, is not important. What is important is that he has voiced his opinion, in a constructive manner, and it gives TWI another viewpoint that they need to consider... (...and hopefully reject his thoughts too. Tanks are dreadful in RO2, and if TWI were ever interested in fixing them, they would have asked the community directly by now, where they went wrong)

Anyway, I cant say it was nice to watch the video clips, but it did bring back similar memories for me.

Upvote 0
RO2 is just getting started, many of the RO veterans are unhappy mostly IMHO, because they must learn the NEW in RO 2 and they resent that. They are no longer superior to the new players and have no decided advantage over anyone. I'm not saying they are snobs or elitist asshats but then again, I'll leave that up to the other players to decide.

I hope scientists never figure out how to weaponize pure ignorance.

Upvote 0
I'm glad you like the game but that doesn't mean everyone else does. I like how you try to make your opinions into some absolute truth. It may have worked well if you were God but you aren't, and your history is slighly diffrent and doesn't really encourage me to believe you.

Regarding the RO VETS; they had to learn RO OST aswell. If you think about it thats how it is with ALL games. You're generally never superior to anyone in a game that you havent played. I wasnt a good player when I started to play RO OST. I was a really TERRIBLE player when I started to play the arma series and the GTA series. But like with any game, you use whats been proven to work, and you ADAPT to the game. The reason I dont play RO2 is because I dont enjoy it. Its simply to unbalanced. And there isnt even a proper hardcore mode which I thought was very obvious. I was never told about this. So the point of playing the game is kinda lost for me.

By the way, in RO OST you were equal to every player. There was no skillpoints, perks, or unlocks to make you slighly better than your opponent. You had to completely rely on your own ability

Reactions: Sarkis.
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.