• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

So many things wrong with this game

tauris

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 6, 2010
Ok so constructive criticism.

I'll just rattle off some issues that annoy me.

1. Why is the MG the best house clearing weapon?
Why can someone stop sprinting, turn on a dime and mow you down with this gun faster than you can get your iron sights up?

The MG is a suppression weapon meant for covering large open area's to stop troop advances, not for being rambo.

2. Gameplay is far too fast.

It's just too quick paced for any real tactical movement, this is relevant in my next point.

3. Tactical gameplay of ANY sort is basically pointless.

It doesn't matter how sneaky you are, how stealthily you approach an objective or otherwise, you'll probably still get killed by someone who's brought up his iron sights before you have a chance to fire.
The game just doesn't favour tactical play, it doesn't matter if you cover a hallway for 30 seconds, someone will just pop round a corner and destroy you with his Mp40 instantly.
Your best bet is just to zerg right in there quick as possible.

4. Can't remove weapon unlocks.

Speaks for itself, this is a total joke and I can only assume it's something left out due to time constraints.

The devs have stated they won't listen to things posted on the forum because supposedly it only represents 0.01% of the gaming community, so I guess these issues are here to stay.

The devs have stated they won't listen to things posted on the forum because supposedly it only represents 0.01% of the gaming community, so I guess these issues are here to stay.

That is not what has been said. However what was said is we can't only take these forums into consideration. We did that in the past with RO 1 on a change and we found we had many angry customers.

We value all constructive input and are planning/working on changes based on that input as we speak.

Upvote 0
That is not what has been said. However what was said is we can't only take these forums into consideration. We did that in the past with RO 1 on a change and we found we had many angry customers.

We value all constructive input and are planning/working on changes based on that input as we speak.

May I ask your thoughts on the points I made then?

Upvote 0
1. The MG being the best house clearing weapon is a joke. DP28 has too low of a magazine capacity considering that you have to reload while being completely stationary. The MG34 has a better capacity but overheats quickly, and once you destroy the barrel you're forced to deploy to change it. If you destroy both then all you have is a pistol. There's also the fact that MGers' stamina runs out quickly so you can't maneuver as fast other classes. I've been on both sides of Rambo's machinegun, and while annoying to get mowed down, you have to realize that had that been a MKb/PPsH/MP40 the results wouldn't have been much different. Except for maybe the MP40.

2. That's an opinion. RO1 also had transport vehicles, here you have to get everywhere on foot (so far,) so it makes sense that it's easy to get back into battle after respawning.

3. I've snuck behind enemy lines plenty of times. Both at close range where I would go on melee/SMG sprees and at mid range where I would take potshots at the enemy from their flank as they approach the objective.

4. This is about the only valid point.

Upvote 0
agree with the MG comments.

Disagree with the fast gameplay comments and would like to suggest that this is more a map or community problem.
there is every opportunity on larger maps with good players to use proper tactics and slow the game down in doing so.
Many do not, most spawn and run off immediatley....but their are players out their that follow orders.

I would again state that company attacks are not usually about sneaking around, in real life at least.
Its the same with house clearance... you slow that down and the enemy hardens.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aside from being fed the usual PR talk, I suggest checking out what Ramm said about their "design decisions" during the uproar after the release.

His "%0.01" post
His reply to a mega thread demanding answers like yours

TBH If TWI valued input, the game would be fixed gameplay wise in the first beta phase. I have many friends that told me people warned TWI about these but they all went unnoticed. But we all know since the mod times Ramm does not take criticism well, and he's always right.

Upvote 0
May I ask your thoughts on the points I made then?

No way, they always escape....

It 'really irritating that a member of the DevTeam does not want to comment on issues presented in a constructive way by a customer...

Tripwire should have more courage in expressing their views and accept dialogue with its customers on issues reported and not simply run away.

This will give me the impression of lack of transparency and consideration of its customers ..
Tripwrire should learn from Sigames for example, that teaches how to keep a dialogue open on the most critical issues ....

My advice to Tripwire is is to look at Sigames forums and learn that style of communication.

Upvote 0
The main thing even if the forum is a small percentage of the total community, its the biggest and most varied group of players out of the community. And people that register to forums are mostly people that care for a game so much they wish to be part of a community, as in the core people that often make the most hours.

TWI publically stating that beside that the forum consists of a small percentage of the players, but stating as well that all the other players think the game is awesome leaves a sour taste. Especially since the player amounts for RO2HOS are at the same level as ROOST was before the release of HOS. If a sequel released about 6 years later than the original, and then doesn't obtain more players than the original game then something is clearly wrong with HOS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

In Red Orchestra 2 play every day about 1200 players.
In this Poll was 1044 voters >>> ttp://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=73088
To be honest you should listen to this forum, because the entire player base is here.

Upvote 0
In this Poll was 1044 voters >>> ttp://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=73088
To be honest you should listen to this forum, because the entire player base is here.

Take into account that it is 1200 players a day. It is very unlikely to be the same 1200 players every day. Some people only play every other day, or a couple of times a week. This would make a markedly larger total player base than your 1044.

Upvote 0
Take into account that it is 1200 players a day. It is very unlikely to be the same 1200 players every day. Some people only play every other day, or a couple of times a week. This would make a markedly larger total player base than your 1044.

I play every day, and every day I see the same players I play with, every day +/- 1200 players online.
So how big is the player base?
Tell me your number.

Maybe total player base is larger but active players is approximately 1200.
Following your logic, let say 1500 active players.

Reactions: Goten
Upvote 0
I play every day, and every day I see the same players I play with, every day +/- 1200 players online.
So how big is the player base?
Tell me your number.

Maybe total player base is larger but active players is approximately 1200.
Following your logic, let say 1500 active players.

My guess would be that it is a lot larger than 1500, but I won't try and come up with a precise figure because I only play on a handful of the 200 servers existing, and even though I do daily recognise players from previous games (but it could be from a game I played last week, or the day before, so there is no reason to think that the players you recognise are playing daily), I also continually see new players that I have never heard of before (I would estimate about a third of the players). How the situation is on the other 85% or so servers that I never play on I obviously don't know.

So even with my (and yours) anecdotal evidence I don't think I have enough evidence to construct a figure other than to say that it has to be more than 1500.

Upvote 0
my guess would be that it is a lot larger than 1500, but i won't try and come up with a precise figure because i only play on a handful of the 200 servers existing, and even though i do daily recognise players from previous games (but it could be from a game i played last week, or the day before, so there is no reason to think that the players you recognise are playing daily), i also continually see new players that i have never heard of before (i would estimate about a third of the players). How the situation is on the other 85% or so servers that i never play on i obviously don't know.

So even with my (and yours) anecdotal evidence i don't think i have enough evidence to construct a figure other than to say that it has to be more than 1500.

ok

Upvote 0
You do not calculate these things that way. Let say average RO2 player plays 2h a day and average online player amount is under 1000 players, that makes around 10 000 players everyday.

Upvote 0
I just find it incredible that the devs don't seem to be listening to peoples feedback at all.

I'm sure they're spending time sorting out actual 'bugs' as opposed to gameplay tweaks, but nevertheless - they should be addressing peoples concerns on forums more in my opinion.

Before the release of the game they were all over the forum telling us everything (sadly, a lot of which turned out to be the complete opposite of what we were told).

I'm trying to be as 'nice' with this 'criticism' as I possibly can be, because last time I critiqued on this forum I was promptly banned.
I would appreciate being told what I have done wrong if I am banned, to any devs that might be reading this.

P.S I am actually enjoying the game somewhat, despite the flaws I've mentioned above - I can just see it being so much better if things start getting addressed, or at least acknowledged.

Upvote 0
You do not calculate these things that way. Let say average RO2 player plays 2h a day and average online player amount is under 1000 players, that makes around 10 000 players everyday.

And of course then there is the added factor that not every player plays every day, which considerably adds to that figure when calculating total number of players.

Upvote 0