• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

how is this game? should i buy it?

Tenko

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
i saw this game and hoped for a open beta but no such luck,
i see alot of problems and see alot of people saying no one is here anymore?
howre the cheaters?
how bad are the bugs?
i loved everyhting i read about this game,sniping,machineguns,themodes,but im seeing alot of bad so im worried...can someone change that for me?

If you consider game that has 1000-2000 loyal fans playing game every day dead then there's something wrong.
Obviously the game isn't as mainstream as MW3 or BF3 (which in my opinion are way worse than RO2) but it's really easy to find a server filled with nice and gentle people.

All the major bugs have been fixed
I haven't really seen any cheaters
No exploits at all

The opinions you read about this game with the cheaters/bugs/whatever are from day of release.
If they are not from day of release, they are from kids who haven't played this game since the day of release, and all they do is keep playing MW3 but still they stay on these forums to hate on the game

If you like a bit of challenge, and something more than running around with your lovely G18 akimbo, and actually like to have some teamplay with friendly community, then I wouldn't be afraid of buying this game, especially for the 15 quid prices you can find on the internet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The game has some issues, but Tripwire is working to address all of them in due course. This includes both performance based issues and game-play issues. One thing you can count on is Tripwire supporting their products for the long-haul.

As it stands now, the game is really a lot of fun. You could do much worse with your money. It's not exactly like ROOst was, but after I took a few weeks off I came back to the game with a fresh perspective: just accepting THIS game for what it is, not what I thought it'd be or what I thought I was led to believe. It's a different game, and if you never played ROOst....you're almost better off for not having that experience to compare it to.

I say give it a shot.

Upvote 0
If you consider game that has 1000-2000 loyal fans playing game every day dead then there's something wrong.
Obviously the game isn't as mainstream as MW3 or BF3 (which in my opinion are way worse than RO2) but it's really easy to find a server filled with nice and gentle people.

All the major bugs have been fixed
I haven't really seen any cheaters
No exploits at all

The opinions you read about this game with the cheaters/bugs/whatever are from day of release.
If they are not from day of release, they are from kids who haven't played this game since the day of release, and all they do is keep playing MW3 but still they stay on these forums to hate on the game

If you like a bit of challenge, and something more than running around with your lovely G18 akimbo, and actually like to have some teamplay with friendly community, then I wouldn't be afraid of buying this game, especially for the 15 quid prices you can find on the internet.
me and my friends actully are comming from BF3 cause theirs just not enough teamwork,AND we all loved the WW2 games, BF3 was a big waste of money so were really looking for a fun place to go.but again all the negitivity weve seen from the game,just has us worried,after bf3 is kinda been a let down

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Game ist dead. Check the Stat http://store.steampowered.com/stats/ after the release maybe 1000 play the Game

Does 1000 players mean it is dead? What does it even matter how many players is there?

This game is the best WW2 shooter I have played after Call of Duty United Offensive. I would recommend this game to anyone, who is interested in it even a little.

There are bugs, but for me they are not something that makes the game unplayable or not enjoyable. And I'm sure Tripwire will be fixing the bugs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
howre the cheaters?
how bad are the bugs?
i loved everyhting i read about this game,sniping,machineguns,themodes,but im seeing alot of bad so im worried...can someone change that for me?

Game had rough start, but it's getting better and better with every patch. For sure TWI will support game for many years and won't drop it, like other companies do couple month after release. Also all new content (maps, weapons, vehicles) will be released as free.
RO2 has potential, but it requires serious gameplay fixes and improvements to shine. Community need to keep pointing out what is bad in HoS, so TWI will know what their designers decision were wrong and how to fix those.
If they do it, many people will return to RO2 and keep playing with smile on their face.

I suggest to wait till next Steam sale or check local PC games shop and buy it, it's worth it.

Reactions: CopperHead
Upvote 0
TBH I would wait until its either on sale or the SDK comes out and modders have a chance to fix what TWI can't/won't. Unless you are masochistic, then go ahead and buy now!

Example: Before the game was released in September , it was repeatedly stated by the devs that having native voices (i.e. germans speak german, etc) would be an option. However, it's now December, and there is no such option. While this is minor, it is but one thing on a fair list of other features that are poorly implemented, not implemented at all.

This is not the only issue of this type. Spend a bit browsing the forums (bandaging, zoom, close range hit registration) and I think you'll be able to see what I mean.

Reactions: Erikjaak
Upvote 0
howre the cheaters?
how bad are the bugs?

if you are from europe or america the game is not dead
bugs - very small bugs,no big problems
soon new maps and mods are coming !

Upvote 0
consider it a long term investment with hidden short term benefits
You might like it right away. If not, i'm still confident there will be updates, upgrades, and mods out that may need your needs.
for 39.99 ide pay that if this game is good, i loved every WW2 game that has come out,i even heard there was gona be a American mod , if this game doesnt have any, fun ruining downsides ide pay for it, its cheaper than BF3 and MW3 anyways,i just wish their was like a trial.

Upvote 0
Here's some insight knowing the most tactically you've played was in BF.

You are going to die, a lot. You are not going to be able to go out and rack up 12 kills and 180 headshot Stalin.

You run into the open, you will die, you will not know where the shot came from. The artillery will deafen you and dust will blind you, you will be on the front line against a merciless enemy who's main mission of the day is to end your life and take your homeland.

You will not survive, your K/D will be a decimal and you will get shot by your friends, though you will probably kill them too, along with most others of your platoon.

Unlike the name says, there are no heroes, only martyrs. Your life is in minuscule value compared to the value of your mission and your homeland, your life will be sacrificed to support the growth of peace and prosperity through [Enter chosen political belief here] but with your sacrifice that brings us one step closer to peace and ultimate victory!
For the Motherland!/For the Fatherland! (circle one)

This is war.

Welcome to Stalingrad.

Upvote 0
*sigh*

Are you seriously that delusional?

Upvote 0
Here's some insight knowing the most tactically you've played was in BF.

You are going to die, a lot. You are not going to be able to go out and rack up 12 kills and 180 headshot Stalin.

You run into the open, you will die, you will not know where the shot came from. The artillery will deafen you and dust will blind you, you will be on the front line against a merciless enemy who's main mission of the day is to end your life and take your homeland.

You will not survive, your K/D will be a decimal and you will get shot by your friends, though you will probably kill them too, along with most others of your platoon.

Unlike the name says, there are no heroes, only martyrs. Your life is in minuscule value compared to the value of your mission and your homeland, your life will be sacrificed to support the growth of peace and prosperity through [Enter chosen political belief here] but with your sacrifice that brings us one step closer to peace and ultimate victory!
For the Motherland!/For the Fatherland! (circle one)

This is war.

Welcome to Stalingrad.

when i get this game,invite me to your team youll be surpised at how little kills i have ,and how many deaths i have,but youll always know,im right behind you yelling out people for you to shoot :), im not your typical , CoD/BF3 player, iplay for the team, KDR means squat if you have no WLR, ide rather take a win than have 20kills. im a team player, im the few and the proud,and so are my friends :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Does Krobar play RO2?
I cut down the play time to make room for RO1, personally.
And believe me; it's harder to stay with someone and before you know it, he will get shot and you'll cower back to take cover.
Of course i dont mean Krobar because he's pro
you just won't be able to keep up with his ninja skillz

Upvote 0